Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

Posted

No issues, who is it having the problem?

A few guys from the BBC. As some of them are childish, I wouldn't bother any more. Thanks for getting back to me.

Posted

Having problems with log in! I log in ok for the reply but when I change thread or forums I am logged out again, even if I click the remember me' box??? Any ideas folks?

Callie :)

Posted

Hi White stuff, what you need to do is drag the small square at the top left of the radar image to where you want to zoom to and then click the zoom in button. You can also re-size that square by holding shift while dragging it with the mouse. If you click the help button on the radar page it's got all the instructions there :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm dry summers

can someone please tell me where the latest model discussion has diaappeared to.

S2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm dry summers

It's in the winter area, second from top of the non stickied threads at the moment - names latest model runs :(

Thanks for the help. Found it now.

S2

Posted

Hi Ian, its working fine here, do you have any internet security which blocks the referrer, if so, you need to disable this as the security on the image means it needs to be unblocked. Also, can you tell me which address you're accessing the site on - if you're not using the net-weather.co.uk address, using that should help.

I cant access the radar either, Paul I've noted your comments re security but don't know what they mean! I am accessing the site via net-weather.co.uk. It'ssad that some of us who have subscribed to this service are unable to use it on one of the most exciting snow days so far. Hope you can suggest a way round it I hoped to be able to use a bit more than the met-office one.

Posted

We had to put some additional security in there, obviuously it's not working properly though, so it's now back to how it was - should be working fine again now..

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

Has the forum changed or is it my settings, but when reading a topic I cannot see who is also viewing and/or replying?

Posted

Thanks folk for an informative forum. I'm a moderator for a large weather forum in Oz with a love of snow and storms. My town at 1085m above sea level gets about three or four snowfalls per winter, bit less in a bad season and a bit more than that in a good one.

One thing though re this net-weather site is that it has so many topics that its hard to navigate. We have a fraction of the amount of topics that you folk have and it seems to be a lot easier to move around. Anyway, horses for courses and thanks for all your efforts in running this forum, I know what that is like! :rolleyes:

Blizz

My Winter 2005:

http://home.vicnet.net.au/~bmstorms/picture2005a.htm

My main site:

http://home.vicnet.net.au/~bmstorms/welcome.htm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter, warm and sunny in summer

Hi mods, dunno if this is the right place for this query but what has happened to the lists that would appear at the bottom of whatever thread you were in, telling you who else was in that particular thread and who was replying?

Ta, AM

Posted

The query which showed that information has been temporarily removed AM. This has been because of the number of people on line and site traffic - just to give the servers a breather :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter, warm and sunny in summer

The query which showed that information has been temporarily removed AM. This has been because of the number of people on line and site traffic - just to give the servers a breather :)

Thanks shug, I thought it'd be something like that.