Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

Posted

a couple of relatively minor points, (not urgent)

the 7-day forecast still seems to be slightly awry, on friday @01.30am gives 'today' (the earliest) forecast as saturday

the label 'next day' seems slightly inappropriate for the '2-3 days' chart

(can I also say that the chart viewer buttons are very critical to click, having to select exactly on the numbers rather than anywhere on the button)

Posted

Thanks Verglas, we're trying to sort a bug with the forecasts that is causing that at the moment - it only happens on thursdays and fridays. and only on the 18z too!

As for the links, I'll have a look and see what can be done/

Posted

Hi,

I have been taking note of the Ensembles charts being posted lately.

I have no problems locating the charts and can fully understand what they are saying, however there never appears to be a key with them i.e. which models are represented by which line. Does one exist? or could someone please explain?

Thanks

Hi,

I have been taking note of the Ensembles charts being posted lately.

I have no problems locating the charts and can fully understand what they are saying, however there never appears to be a key with them i.e. which models are represented by which line. Does one exist? or could someone please explain?

Thanks

the operational run (blue line and the GFS run which we see). the mean of all the runs (white line) the 30 year average (red line).

dependent on which chart u use. This one is from the net weather datacentre :)

Cold snap,

The model tracker link is usually updated via Steve murrs signature. If you click here it takes u direct to his profile and his signature is at the bottom. Bookmark the link for ease :)

Posted

Lol, something like photoshop, corel draw, that kinda thing :D You may also be able to do it in ms paint too, but I've never really used it, so I'm not sure.

Posted

Hi EP, yes we do have some RSS feeds available, all the written forecasts, the homepage headline and the alerts are on RSS. I've nearly finished the page to give access to them, so that should be ready to go this week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm dry summers

Hi hemlock, refreshing my browser worked and I now have a new avatar, why didn't I think of that, thank you.

S2

Posted

When adding an attachment to a post I managed to get a heading along with it.

Any ideas how I get rid of this in future postings?

S2

Posted

Hi SS2, I'm not sure what you mean by that, could you point me to the attachment you have posted or explain a little more please :)

Sorry Paul, here is the image I posted, note the heading above image.

post-1185-1133449505_thumb.gif

Edited by sandstorm2

Posted

To not have a heading you would need to link it from webspace (you can upload it to your gallery and then link to it from there), all attachments have that heading :)

Posted

To not have a heading you would need to link it from webspace (you can upload it to your gallery and then link to it from there), all attachments have that heading :)

Thanks for your help, everything is clear now.

S2

Posted

Hi,

Just subscribed to the 15 Minute Radar, so a few early comments.

Shame about the need to log in. I've trained the family to use Met Office radar - it's only 1 click. Now I've got to persuade them to go through a few more hoops !

Have you considered Google Maps for your overlays ? They are designed for easy integration of maps and data. I don't know your or their limitations but they have an extensive API.

Regards

Derek

Posted

Paul and the net weather team,i was wondering weather we could do a pinned topic for questions to steve murr to conicide with model tracker,i think if we did this as a pinned topic,this might reduce some off the clutter.