Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)

Are you accessing the forum through http://www.net-weather.com or http://www.net-weather.co.uk ?

Posted

Hi mark, I think it may be a problem locally on your pc, I think I've heard of this one before and it was caused by internet security software blocking the referer - you may need to change n-w to a trusted site or something similar?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Are you accessing the forum through http://www.net-weather.com or http://www.net-weather.co.uk ?

Thanks Nabraxas,

The link in my favourites was .com, works OK on .co.uk

Thanks very much for pointing that out, it's been bugging me for ages.

Many Thanks

Mark.

Posted

You're welcome; it's caused by the cloaking on http://www.net-weather.com

Paul: Don't you have the option of disabling cloaking?

Posted

Hi chaps, dont know if this is the place to ask, but i was wondering if there is a problem with the new forecasts. Frosts and generally low temps (especially at nights) are widely forecast for the whole week, but when i try to access the forecasts for Shrewsbury (which although a dull place weather wise isnt that far off the mark for the rest of the country!) , it tells me that the minimum night time temp is around the +8 to +10 mark.

So I guess what im really asking is, is there a problem with the system or is shrewsbury really a tropical back water?

Thanks

Pab

Posted

Hi Pab, it sounds like we may have shrewsbury placed in the wrong location on the system, could you try it with your postcode and let me know if it's any better?

Posted

Hi Pab, it sounds like we may have shrewsbury placed in the wrong location on the system, could you try it with your postcode and let me know if it's any better?

Thanks Paul, thats got it :)

Posted

hiya paul

just wondering why on my blog settings im not allowed to have people reply to my entries it says administrator is not allowing it or somethin??

Posted

hi beth, people should be able to post comments to your blog. If you go to 'my blog', then blog settings, make sure the tickbox for disable comments is not ticked, that should help. Any more probs, let me know :)

Posted

Yes, guest commenting isn't allowed, but members can comment, it's the box below :)

Paul, when I pressed fast reply on Beths blog it says she would have to approve the post first, is that relevant?

Posted

Is there any way I could change my username, as I would like it to be a bit more weather related? I would be grateful if a member of staff could assist me, thanks.. :)

Posted

help! wheres the GFS hPa 850 charts... i've looked round everywhere and I can't see the chart with the hPa 850 temps and the white isobars!

I would be grateful if someone sent me a link :)

thanks, Nick

Posted

Sorry if this post is in the wrong place.

I am setting up my weather station in Ipswich (Davis Vantage Pro2) and have just had my anemometer erected on the aerial mast. Does anyone know how I can calibrate the wind speed or check that it is roughly accurate?. The house is on a hill (for Ipswich anyway !) and is high.

I have asked (Pm'd) a forum member in Ipswich, in case they had any idea of a nearby station to check/correlate etc (or indeed had a station themselves) but they have declined to reply.

Any information/advice would be gratefully received, and when I have a data logger I am hoping to have the station listed in the members list/map etc.

Cheers

:)

Posted

To be honest I wasn't aware that the anemometers on these things needed calibrating, but I could be wrong, I'm sure some of the others with stations will be able to help you though :)