Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Is it just me or is there a problem with the charts again? Can't get GFS, JMA or Met office charts,the time chart appears at the top of the page but no chart underneath it.

T.M

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Just got onto NWExtra and noted for little problems you may not be aware of.

- Radar overlay only works for Europe & UK. The regional ones don't work with the following error:

/home/httpd/vhosts/n-w-cirrus.co.uk/httpdocs/secure/cgi-bin/gribproc/data2/radar2/images/radareire_1045.png

(for Eire this was)

-The F1 forecasts don't work (not that I follow F1!). Getting a SQL error and missing file error.

- Nottingham is having a dust storm! Apparently..

- Menu's are a pain in the backside in Opera browser; fine in IE of course.

Otherwise its great stuff! Now to learn what half of it all means.. http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif

Posted

ok - overlays 'fixed' regions are out for a wee while while i have a think about how best to put them in.

f1 is fixed

not sure where you're seeing the nottingham stuff

menus - opera hmmm - they fully work in firefox and ie - should be fine in opera - i think we're changing them soonish anyway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

not sure where you're seeing the nottingham stuff

menus - opera hmmm - they fully work in firefox and ie - should be fine in opera - i think we're changing them soonish anyway

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Goto 'Synops Data' and choose Nottingham Weather Centre. Look at current weather...

Menus - they do work in Opera, its just they tend to go off suddenly if you don't navigate them exactly right - feels like a gap between main & sub menus. You have to move quick to avoid them dissapearing! Hard to explain really..

Posted

I have a small problem with my gallery... I have posted the same picture twice (doh)... but when I try to delete one of them it tells me I do not have permission.

What am I doing wrong? (In words of one syllable please.)

Posted

You're doing nothing wrong - it's just I haven't set it up properly, I'll sort it for you :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you Paul... polite, prompt and attentive as always. *sigh*

:)

Posted

actually, it says that to me too when I want to delete 1 picture. It either tells me I dont have permission, or I have to delete my whole gallery.....

Was it a glitch for all of us? If not, could you set that bit up for me too? :)

Posted

I'm trying to figure out how to make it work for you all - but it looks like it may be a small bug in the software (will be sorted with the upgrade). If you can let me know which image you want rid of I'll delete it for you :)

Posted

thanks Paul. Its on page 2 of my gallery - its that horrid ruck-sack picture! If you could delete, that would be great :)

Posted

It's snowing! Well apparently...

In the Synops data in NW-extra the current condition for Nottingham is:

"Rain and Snow". I must be missing something as I sit under almost clear skies- like the sandstorm last week! Where's the data from???

Posted

Between 0 and 100 posts is 2 blue squares and Cirrus. After that it's 3 blue squares and some other type of cloud, probably until 500 posts - and then 4 blue squares etc. However, posts in the cafe don't count!

Edit: And as I was just saying before this got moved out of 'environment change', you need to post to the relevant 'area', ie here for questions like that. :D

Edited by I can't believe it's not better

Posted

The radar's stopped updating! 16:15 was last one!

Posted

The UKMO are having problems at their end - they're working on it at the moment and hopefully it'll be fixed soon. I'll put a note into n-w extra about the problem shortly.

Posted

Ok cheers for that!