Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

• 2 months later...
Posted

Is there an app for iPhone to access the community? On my android, I can access the community via the radar app and it knows who I am so I don't have to sign in each time. I'm trying out an iPhone and the radar app has no community option (it's usually up on the top right hand side on android), so I seem to have to do a search on Safari to get onto the forum, but I'm not signed in. Is that the right way to do it?

Posted
16 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

There's no dedicated app for the forum.

I would have thought, the best way to access the forum on the fly is to go to https://www.netweather.tv/forum/ in your browser, and bookmark it?!

Thanks Mapantz, will give it a go as I learn the iPhone:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Spiders web , thought I had a cracked screen lol

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Can someone tell how I get rid of that horrible info-bar from the bottom of my page, please? I tried using the bog-roll icon, but all that does is let me opt for 'Dark Mode' --- which I can't stand...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
2 hours ago, General Cluster said:

Can someone tell how I get rid of that horrible info-bar from the bottom of my page, please? I tried using the bog-roll icon, but all that does is let me opt for 'Dark Mode' --- which I can't stand...

From the lack of any response, I take it that the Smartphone Mafiya has finally taken control of netweather??

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

I am trying to work out how to edit a post in the new forum. I saw a post that said it’s under the 3 dots to the top right of the post but I don’t seem to get that option?

B10FDC0E-9033-4FE8-AFA7-C6EFA209A84F.thumb.png.fd3182cf7ff637ea69972f025cdb017d.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I've started using Brave browser (Chrome based) because Edge is unusable since a couple of updates ago, horrible bug somewhere.

I've noticed that the emoji's panel is messed up. It's only giving me 17 of them.

1933397899_Screenshot2020-12-06202509.thumb.png.331d92bb9186a86a2a91229dc9b3cb5f.png

• Thanks 1

Posted

It looks like a bug / limitation in brave I'm afraid - aside from the xmas set, the forum will use whatever emoji's are built in on the browser / operating system. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Do not mind apart from drizzle. The worst.

So I had an email from Netweather informing me that somebody on here from Sevenoaks, Kent, TN13 has been tryin to hack into my account. Three times unsuccessfully, so they had to lock my account. Just letting you know. Change your passwords!

Posted
21 hours ago, MissGrace said:

So I had an email from Netweather informing me that somebody on here from Sevenoaks, Kent, TN13 has been tryin to hack into my account. Three times unsuccessfully, so they had to lock my account. Just letting you know. Change your passwords!

Just looking at this, the login attempts were from your own ip address (the same one as you used to make the post above). The location shown on these things is often quite approximate, as it's just based on the ip. If you didn't have any unsuccessful attempts to login, it sounds like some sort of bug in the system which resulted in the email rather than anything untoward. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Do not mind apart from drizzle. The worst.

Thanks so much for looking into this for me. I don't live anywhere near Sevenoaks so it's all a mystery. A great service and wonderful, professional support. My mind is at ease. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
50 minutes ago, TheOgre said:

How do you change your profile picture?

Go to your profile (click your name top right) then click the image symbol shown below

Untitled.thumb.png.14b061edfe0edac0d09c8bb313ed4bdc.png

• Thanks 3