Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

Posted

The NW radar app no longer works on my mobile phone. It won't open, just a split second then gone. I did uninstall and reinstall, did the phone on and off etc. When I open the radar app from the installation page it won't open, I see the UK map for a split second then it goes back to the open page and so on. It's a Huawei mobile. 

Edit, I can still access the forums from the Google bar. Usually I go into them via the radar app. 

Edited by Reefseeker

Posted

There's a bug in google maps at the moment which is affecting a lot of apps unfortunately, they should hopefully have it fixed asap. In the meantime, if you go into you app settings, find the netweather radar app and choose the option to remove app data, apparently that can solve the issue. 

https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/154855417

Posted
21 minutes ago, Paul said:

There's a bug in google maps at the moment which is affecting a lot of apps unfortunately, they should hopefully have it fixed asap. In the meantime, if you go into you app settings, find the netweather radar app and choose the option to remove app data, apparently that can solve the issue. 

https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/154855417

Thanks Paul, I'll give it a go.

• 1 month later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

I've noticed today when I use Netweather Extra on two devices it immediately logs out on one when viewing it on the other one. Has something changed or is this an issue?

Posted

It's the way it's always been if you're on a different network, it should be fine if you're on the same network and have the same ip though. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
23 minutes ago, Paul said:

It's the way it's always been if you're on a different network, it should be fine if you're on the same network and have the same ip though. 

Ah that makes sense as I've just changed networks on one of them 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

Hi, I have an account for the forum that I havn't been able to log into for a while. I have tried password recovery and sent messages using the forum help page but not recieved anything. The account was registered with nosdoog@hotmail.com (password recovery still says it has sent the message, but none recieved) and my username is JoeyG or JoeyG2003. I have an extra lite subscription with the above email address also.

Could you help me get back on? I guess I just need a recovery email to make it to my inbox!

Many thanks

Posted
On 30/06/2020 at 14:50, Paul said:

Have you checked your spam folder for the recovery email - it's definitely sending to you ok?

Yeah I did. I just emptied the junk folder and added forum@netweather.tv to safe senders list. Is that the address a recovery email would come from? Still nothing arriving, though it still says its sending fine..

Posted
On 23/01/2020 at 13:17, Paul_1978 said:

Thanks Paul - not that I know of. I use the forum on a work computer and also my personal iPhone, and I get the symptoms on both. 

I am still getting asked to accept Cookies pretty much everyday on both my work computer (Google Chrome) and my personal iphone (iOS 13 using Safari). I don't get this on any other website other than Netweather.

On another note, if a user has a really annoying animated gif as their avatar, can I stop the animation or is the only option to hide the user's posts?

Edited by Paul_1978

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Your browser (extension?) is probably clearing the cookie after a set period of time. It happens to me every 10 days or so, and it's not just here, it happens on other sites for me too.

• Like 1

Posted
On 10/07/2020 at 15:32, Mapantz said:

Your browser (extension?) is probably clearing the cookie after a set period of time. It happens to me every 10 days or so, and it's not just here, it happens on other sites for me too.

Thanks, will keep my eye on it. I only ever notice it on Netweather. 

Any thoughts on the animated gif query?!

Posted

You would have to ignore them entirely I'm afraid. Or, perhaps a more community minded route could be to drop them a pm or sticky message to politely ask if they mind changing it, as you're finding it ditstracting?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Hi Paul, 

You've started a new thread (model) but my iPad is stating to me that it’s restricted, any ideas ?7E8A2CF3-A62C-42F5-8CDF-49C421885CC6.thumb.png.7f9dd08ed5b607500b76be03721d2147.pngA303E154-E91E-40EB-B216-4462F311FFE6.thumb.png.f8aeeb6cb86f2877fbe5002199cadb82.png

Posted
1 hour ago, Paul said:

I'd maybe clear the data/cache in safari or whichever browser you're using to see if that solves it. 

I’m using Safari Paul and that was the first thing I done (clean it) and it’s still the same, I’ve even downloaded chrome just to see and it’s made no difference, I remember this happened before and the only way it was resolved ( I had to wait for a fresh thread to start ) it’s just odd that it only happens in the model thread all the rest are fine ???

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

I can only assume it's some sort of content blocker running on your device which is picking up a particular word or something within the model thread. It's fine on Safari from here, so hard to know exactly what's going on. This info may help?

Posted

Hi again Paul, 

Thanks for the link, Do you have the (direct link/http) to the new thread you started today as I’m going for the *URLS always allow section*  but in doing so I need the (http//www.example.com) 

42A5C4CA-3BA0-41A3-88D9-FFBD4E4720FC.png

Posted
27 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Hi again Paul, 

Thanks for the link, Do you have the (direct link/http) to the new thread you started today as I’m going for the *URLS always allow section*  but in doing so I need the (http//www.example.com) 

42A5C4CA-3BA0-41A3-88D9-FFBD4E4720FC.png

Is it this you want? 
https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/94115-model-output-discussion-august-hot-spell-how-hot-how-long/

Posted

Thanks guys, no change, like you said Paul it must be a certain word, maybe in the link ? 

I use safari on my iPhone and that’s fine so I compared setting, both identical except the iPad isn’t having none of it.....one of life’s mysteries

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Hi all, I'm having issues viewing any charts, radar & nw headline news articles.....throws up the following error message 

"

Oops....
Unfortunately the page you're trying to reach is no longer on the Netweather website. This doesn't mean the forecast or feature you're trying to find no longer exists, perhaps you have typed in the incorrect address or are using an old link or bookmark which has been changed.

All of the main areas on the site can be reached using the menu at the very top of this page, if you still can't find what you're looking for, please contact us and we will be glad to help".......tried multiple browsers and cache clearance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, A.J said:

Hi all, I'm having issues viewing any charts, radar & nw headline news articles.....throws up the following error message 

"

Oops....
Unfortunately the page you're trying to reach is no longer on the Netweather website. This doesn't mean the forecast or feature you're trying to find no longer exists, perhaps you have typed in the incorrect address or are using an old link or bookmark which has been changed.

All of the main areas on the site can be reached using the menu at the very top of this page, if you still can't find what you're looking for, please contact us and we will be glad to help".......tried multiple browsers and cache clearance

That's exactly what (ever since @Steve Murr asked me for a link) I've been seeing, whenever I want to see today's highest temps... Maybe some thunderflies have gotten inside the server...:oldgrin: