Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

Posted

it's a bit iffy at the moment after one of noaa's servers decided to give up yesterday - should be up in an hour or so -

Posted

That's really weird, I can't get it to do that here. I take it that comes up when you click the link to the 7 day forecasts?

Is anyone else out there having this problem?

Posted

probably just yer browser getting muddled with the headers - the error handling can often pop out one too many heasders so the page may in some cases be attempted to download rather than display

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)

Might want this thread:

http://www.net-weather.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=12789

http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif

Does it give you any error message?

Edit: Wrong link http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif

Edited by Nabraxas

Posted

I have just spent an hour trying to up load a bit of video footage to this thread but after about 20 mins I just get a Warning: Page has Expired page. I don’t know what I am doing wrong. It is the first time I have ever tried to up load video footage to the net so I have not really got a clue what I am doing.

I have tried attaching it to a post with no luck, and up load it the media gallery in the gallery with no luck. Its in movie format and about 53mb in size, any idea?

Edit: It is not the best footage in the world so it really is not that important.

Posted

What's wrong with downloading the UKMO charts this evening? Or is it me?!!!

Edited by shuggee

Posted
  • Location: Carnoustie Angus Scotland. (week days) Dundee (weekends)
  • Location: Carnoustie Angus Scotland. (week days) Dundee (weekends)

Hi yeh i am having trouble downloading any of the charts, just keep getting a little box with an x in it and the pic name, dont know if it's something to do with my boyfriends pc..........please advise you kind people.

Mandy x

Oh and when i right click and choose show pic nothing happens.

Edited by amanda_langlands

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Not sure if this has been mentioned but i am confused about where to post storm reports, there seems to be two different places people use. Some use the Storm Reports section and some use the Storms and Extreme Weather section which seems to be more popular.

Should this not be looked at and made into one storm area?

Mark.

Edited by multi cellular thunderstorm

Posted

Hi Mark

To report a storm over your area use the “Storm Report" area to discus future storms or storms happening over you location but in more depth use the Storms and Extreme Weather” area

Edited by Adi F

Posted

Hi MCS :) .

The storms and extreme weather section is where people discuss what is happening on any given day's storms/thundery showers etc.

The storm reports thread is seperate so that only actual reports should be posted there. Paul Sherman is collating these reports into a storm league table, they are also going to be archived for future reference.

If you post a storm report in the storms and extreme weather thread it will not be collated, so make sure you post it in the respective day's report thread too.

Hope this makes sense :) .

Posted

Wonder if anyone can help meh - is it possible to change your username on here without re-registering? have looked on 'my controls' and it deosnt seem to give you the option, any help would be much appreciated but could it be directed tome through private message so that i definitely get the info, many thanks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Wonder if anyone can help meh - is it possible to change your username on here without re-registering? have looked on 'my controls' and it deosnt seem to give you the option, any help would be much appreciated but could it be directed tome through private message so that i definitely get the info, many thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You'll probably need to PM and admin mate... :D:D

Posted

I would like to add my NW blog to my signiture - but dont know how to do it without the full web address - when others on here simply have 'Mrs Blogs Blog' How can I hide the proper web address with my own wording (ie 'Snow Raven's Blog')