Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
1 minute ago, knocker said:

I can see popular learning topics and photos displayed but not down the welcome to Netweather column

Not that I know of although I'm not sure what you mean

I had an issue once on NW with a Firefox extension it caused some parts not to load up properly. If you type about:addons in the main search bar at the top it'll show you if have any installed.

Posted
6 minutes ago, knocker said:

So SS I got sidetracked. Which main search bar do you mean?

The one at the top of your browser

Untitled.thumb.png.12f38b53fc71f9ab97edcb9a66b28f83.png

Where you see that text remove it and paste/type about:addons then hit enter

• 5 weeks later...
Posted

Anyone else finding the forum to be loading very slow this morning? I've had the browser checking thing as well when trying to get on

Posted

We've been having a few issues this morning, and put the ddos defence on just as a precaution. It's off again now though, and the forum should be more responsive again. 

• Like 1

Posted

How can I UNDO the 'Mark forum as read' speech bubble icon on the left hand side, please?

Accidentally hit that icon ages ago on the Regional Discussions and now have done the same thing on the 'Weather Discussion - Winter' heading, now all threads in that section have no speech bubble icon to tap on to be taken to the first unread post

Tried to click the same place again and nothing happens let alone the return of the extremely handy speech bubble icons! 

Posted
7 hours ago, Despicable Weather said:

How can I UNDO the 'Mark forum as read' speech bubble icon on the left hand side, please?

Accidentally hit that icon ages ago on the Regional Discussions and now have done the same thing on the 'Weather Discussion - Winter' heading, now all threads in that section have no speech bubble icon to tap on to be taken to the first unread post

Tried to click the same place again and nothing happens let alone the return of the extremely handy speech bubble icons! 

I don't believe that is possible. Once you mark it read that's it.

• Like 1

Posted

I'm having trouble staying logged in. All my passwords got dumped this afternoon including NW. So I reset it no problem. But now I don't seem able to stay longed in and when I come to sign in with the new password it wont allow it. So I reset it using the same password and then I'm in again until the next time.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

I keep getting asked to accept Cookies every few days, even though I always click Accept. This happens on a variety of devices and platform, eg Google Chrome browser on Windows laptop, and also in Safari on iOS iPhone. Any ideas? Surely it should only come up once.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny (hate hot), severe thunderstorms, heavy snow, extreme cold

Theres one issue that really gets on my nerves atm and thats the inconsistencies of attached pictures mainly in the model output discussion.

Some images open in a new page at nwstatic so pressing back gets out of them but some pop up in a frame and the x isnt often noticed so i hit back and get dumped back at the topics page and have to find where I was up to again.

Is it possible to have the back button just close the popup?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Posted
On 24/12/2019 at 12:07, Paul_1978 said:

I keep getting asked to accept Cookies every few days, even though I always click Accept. This happens on a variety of devices and platform, eg Google Chrome browser on Windows laptop, and also in Safari on iOS iPhone. Any ideas? Surely it should only come up once.

This is still happening. Continually get asked to accept cookies. I always click Yes.

Posted
2 hours ago, Paul_1978 said:

This is still happening. Continually get asked to accept cookies. I always click Yes.

Are you clearing cookies regularly (maybe you have a program or app which does that)?

Otherwise, it's set to store your selection for a much longer period than that, and from what I've seen in normal use doesn't ask any near as frequently. 

Posted
20 hours ago, Paul said:

Are you clearing cookies regularly (maybe you have a program or app which does that)?

Otherwise, it's set to store your selection for a much longer period than that, and from what I've seen in normal use doesn't ask any near as frequently. 

Thanks Paul - not that I know of. I use the forum on a work computer and also my personal iPhone, and I get the symptoms on both. 

• 4 weeks later...
Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

I'm going to guess that this is some dodgy video implanted into the forum thread.

dodgy.jpg

• 1 month later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Hey, can someone tell me how to create albums and upload pics in them? Cheers.

Posted

Hi Zak, there are a few ways to do it, but the quickest is probably to go to the gallery, click the add image button, then either choose a category to upload to one of the pre-made albums, or choose members gallery and choose to make your own album from there. 

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/gallery/

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Thanks Paul.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

mods delete my other account! got mine back cheers!

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252
  • Like 1