Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

Posted

Glad to hear you like the change @bazookabob

It is a deliberate change to be honest, albeit one we're testing to see how people use it. From what we can see, most people who regularly use the forums may use a link from the homepage initially, either into a thread or onto the forum index, but then tend to go to other threads from the forum index page.

From there, clicking the thread names will take you to the last unread post in that thread:

threadnames.png

If you go into individual forums, clicking the icon to the left of the forum title will do the same thing - bold icons have content you've not read yet.

icontoclick.png

You can also check all the unread content on the forum from here and can also filter that to only display threads you follow etc:

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/discover/unread/

Another option, which I often use is to switch the forum to the fluid view setting. That shows threads from across the forum in update order, so you can go into the active threads quickly. Like the forum view, clicking the small icon to the left of the thread title will take you to the first unread post in there. Just click the icon marked on here, at the top of the forum to activate this view. You can switch back to the traditional view by clicking the icon to the left of it. 

viewbutton.png

Hopefully that helps a tad, but thanks for your feedback. As I say we are testing, so will take feedback on board alongside usage statistics comparing the new display to the old style. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder
23 hours ago, Paul said:

Hopefully that helps a tad, but thanks for your feedback. As I say we are testing, so will take feedback on board alongside usage statistics comparing the new display to the old style. 

Thanks for the reply, Paul, I didnt mean to sound overly critical. I guess different folk use it different ways, I usually just went from the homepage direct to the MOD or regional discussions if anything interesting was happening! I'll try out some of your suggestions above. Cheers again. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Has the option to hide posts been switched off again?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
31 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Has the option to hide posts been switched off again?

The ignored list is still available. Could it be the one you're seeing is in a quoted post? They're not hidden even when on the ignore list

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
1 minute ago, Summer Sun said:

The ignored list is still available. Could it be the one you're seeing is in a quoted post? They're not hidden even when on the ignore list

I should've said the option to hide your own posts that used to be underneath the post. I found it quite useful as my phone sometimes loses connection and ends up posting twice when it reconnects, no idea why it does it. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Paul said:

It should still be there - under options on your posts  

Not sure it is? This is what I see under a post I've made just minutes ago

download.thumb.png.38f0fad0fa81018cdb30893ccf8cc4b4.png362593653_download(1).thumb.png.1b14d327312f19afd165ae2fc8fe2725.png

Posted

Just a quick one and sorry if it's been noted before, but when I return to a topic sometimes it automatically places me at the 'New content begins here' which is the next user generated message posted after I left...but other times leaves me at the top of the page and I need to scroll down to find that next message.

Ideally I would want it to place me at the 'New content begins here' marker every time I return to net weather.  Just wondered if it's something in my account settings I should be changing?

Posted
48 minutes ago, dodge said:

Just a quick one and sorry if it's been noted before, but when I return to a topic sometimes it automatically places me at the 'New content begins here' which is the next user generated message posted after I left...but other times leaves me at the top of the page and I need to scroll down to find that next message.

Ideally I would want it to place me at the 'New content begins here' marker every time I return to net weather.  Just wondered if it's something in my account settings I should be changing?

Usually clicking the icon next to the threat title takes you to the next unread post. 

62D63D04-B383-44FA-900C-4CAFF6F11C19.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
24 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Usually clicking the icon next to the threat title takes you to the next unread post. 

62D63D04-B383-44FA-900C-4CAFF6F11C19.jpeg

d'oh  :olddoh:...didn't know it was that simple lol  I must have clicked on it without realising when it worked and wondered why it didn't work when I just clicked on the thread title.  Cheers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

I am hereby tabling an amendment to the current Netweather laws for a short reversal of not allowing political discussion if an election takes place, this was intimated by Paul that this would happen during General Elections, i would be happy to let democracy prevail and hold a vote on whether this would be done or not.

• Like 1

Posted
7 hours ago, feb1991blizzard said:

I am hereby tabling an amendment to the current Netweather laws for a short reversal of not allowing political discussion if an election takes place, this was intimated by Paul that this would happen during General Elections, i would be happy to let democracy prevail and hold a vote on whether this would be done or not.

Perhaps there should be a vote on whether or not to have a vote

• Like 1

Posted
On 29/10/2019 at 12:24, feb1991blizzard said:

I like your style! 

The team are discussing this at the moment. 

• Like 2

Posted
4 hours ago, V for Very Cold said:

please remind me....now that Halloween has passed,

whens the Santa Shaker out? :santa-emoji:

I saw something about it being back in early November in a thread now long ago. 

Here 

Edited by matt111

Posted
33 minutes ago, knocker said:

Thanks SS but the last two do not appear on my home page. I'm probably missing something

topics.thumb.JPG.65c207c1a47843f380844045b4724d30.JPG

What browser do you use on your phone?

I have chrome on Android 9 and it's showing

Screenshot_20191103-104752_Chrome.jpg

Posted

What browser do you use on your phone?

I have chrome on Android 9 and it's showing

Screenshot_20191103-104752_Chrome.jpg

I'm afraid I'm the last of the Luddites and I'm on a desktop W10 using Firefox

Posted
49 minutes ago, knocker said:

I'm afraid I'm the last of the Luddites and I'm on a desktop W10 using Firefox

Do you see anything here? https://www.netweather.tv/forum/forum/35-weather/

I have tried Firefox on W10 and it's showing for me. Could you have an extension running that's possibly blocking some parts of the forum?

Posted

Do you see anything here? https://www.netweather.tv/forum/forum/35-weather/

I have tried Firefox on W10 and it's showing for me. Could you have an extension running that's possibly blocking some parts of the forum?

I can see popular learning topics and photos displayed but not down the welcome to Netweather column

Not that I know of although I'm not sure what you mean