Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

Posted

thanks for explaining Paul - I'm not very technical when it comes to these things! :D:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , thunderstorms and wind

I need a bit of help - why does NW tell me I have 0bytes of global attachment space left when I only have 2 pictures posted (in the quater yearly competion)

I've been in my 'manage your attachments' section, and those are definatly the only 2 I have posted - using just over 50% of my attachment space.

I know in the past, I have been able to post around another 2-3 pictures when having those still posted in the thread - where's the rest of my space gone?!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Snowraven,

Try this little program resizer.zip

You will have to unzip it first.

Its free, simple and effective.

PM me if you have any difficulties.

Regards,

Weather Observer

Posted

Quick Question,

Can anyone tell me how to get started posting to my own Gallery?

I cannot find the spot to comment this

Weather Observer

Posted

Hi WO go to “My Controls” at the top right of the forum page and click on it to go to new page

Then go to Invision Gallery on the left of the page and click on “your Albums” to go to new page

At the bottom center of that page click on “create album” and follow instructions

I hope that helps

Adi

Posted

Hi WO go to “My Controls” at the top right of the forum page and click on it to go to new page

Then go to Invision Gallery on the left of the page and click on “your Albums” to go to new page

At the bottom center of that page click on “create album” and follow instructions

I hope that helps

Adi

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Adi,

Sorry for the delay in replying, just logged back onto the forum now.

Thats great, Got it now from your instructions http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy.gif , Thanks,

WO

Posted

Hi,

Boring questions I know, but anyway...

Why are you only allowed to edit a post on the day it was posted?

When mods edit their posts, why does not the black type appear at the bottom of the post giving notice that the post has been edited?

Posted

NP - the post editing thing is something that has been about for a while, you have 3 hours to edit the post. Simple reason for this is that it was known for people to say something out of line in a post, upset someone then edit it later to make it look like it wasn't their fault! It didn't happen often, but we had a few serial offenders for that type of thing, hence the time limit..

The moderating team have the option to have the edited by tag at the bottom or not.

Posted

Looking at the forecasts on nw-extra for abroad. Are the times in GMT? Does that mean the UK Time's are GMT? Also, the rainfall rate, is that per hour, and for which hour would that be with the forecast being for every 3 hours.

Posted

The times are in GMT as that is the time which the forecasts are based - it's a universal thing..

The rain rates are across the 3 slot :p

Guest *Ice*

When updating your signature for your profile,how do you get different colours and different style/size writing up? :)

Thanks,Snowley.

Guest Mrs murphymoo

To get a colour in your signature you would use the Colour tags the same as you would on the forum.

To get red text, click on Red colour type your text, then close the tag that should work.

Posted

You need to load it into an image editor (like photoshop or the editing software that may have come with your camera) and re-size it to about 800x600. :p

Posted

Guess who's got a new camera! http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif   :)

Okay,how do i shrink a photo to enable it to be less than 50kb?

Ta. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi snowleydoesit.

Look no further.

This resizer will solve all your resizing problems and simple and its free.

Give me a PM if you have any questions

resizer.zip