Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

@Paul I've had this notification multiple times and I cleared my cache. Still seeing it intermittently. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Sorted it now, turns out it was an extension causing it. 

Posted

That's good news @matt111, can I ask which extension that was? Just in case others are having the same problem. 

@Mark Clifford - Did you clear cookies as well as cache? It will show again if you remove all cookies, do you maybe have that set to happen on browser close, or maybe have ccleaner (or similar) running on a schedule? If you're using IE11, there was a bug affecting it in some instances, which is hopefully sorted now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

@Paul Ghostery. 

Posted

Thanks, I guess it removes the consent info cookie. Hopefully these sort of extensions will catch up at some point, as this method of gaining consent is the industry standard now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
10 minutes ago, Paul said:

Thanks, I guess it removes the consent info cookie. Hopefully these sort of extensions will catch up at some point, as this method of gaining consent is the industry standard now.

I used this extension for a while and it also caused me issues with the way things displayed (or should be didn't) it affected some of the social links when directly posted

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
15 hours ago, Paul said:

Did you clear cookies as well as cache? It will show again if you remove all cookies, do you maybe have that set to happen on browser close, or maybe have ccleaner (or similar) running on a schedule? If you're using IE11, there was a bug affecting it in some instances, which is hopefully sorted now.

All sorted 

Posted

I can't recreate that SS, it's a very simple button so not really any reason for it not to work. Perhaps clear your cache.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Paul said:

I can't recreate that SS, it's a very simple button so not really any reason for it not to work. Perhaps clear your cache.

Yep. working again probably a gremlin in my phone

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Apart from the annoying huge cookie popup due to EU regs I now seem to be getting a pop up about old weather books which I may have clicked on accidentally but it shouldn't follow me around as I don't save cookies.

Posted

Perhaps you need to look at allowing some cookies to save @The PIT as they're fairly vital to how this and other websites work. The sticky notes save a small cookie once dismissed so they won't re-appear, as does the EU notice. There's not really any other mechanism for that sort of thing, at this stage. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Can someone tell me how I create a status update? It is probably right it front of me but I can't find it anywhere.

Posted
22 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Can someone tell me how I create a status update? It is probably right it front of me but I can't find it anywhere.

Click on your name top right and select profile you should then get a box at the box like below

f79ee893-9855-4863-9586-ecdf3360be10.thumb.png.33138b1c04f99ca0aa5c48cab704f6ac.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn
42 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Click on your name top right and select profile you should then get a box at the box like below

f79ee893-9855-4863-9586-ecdf3360be10.thumb.png.33138b1c04f99ca0aa5c48cab704f6ac.png

This is what I see.

Screen Shot 2018-06-24 at 17.40.04.png

Posted
8 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

This is what I see.

Screen Shot 2018-06-24 at 17.40.04.png

See where it says edit profile on your image? click and look for enable status updates? Is it green and ticked?

Posted
18 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

See where it says edit profile on your image? click and look for enable status updates? Is it green and ticked?

12 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Or do it from the forum home page:

2018-06-24.thumb.png.b7eab880749eb43af5888a9e864a7d99.png 1977076159_2018-06-24(1).thumb.png.2cfbf6134d4b4a0482507ba645ee5a19.png

Ahh, lifesaver! I didn't have it ticked, didn't realise that was even there. Thanks.

Screen Shot 2018-06-24 at 18.08.04.png

Posted
3 hours ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Ahh, lifesaver! I didn't have it ticked, didn't realise that was even there. Thanks.

Screen Shot 2018-06-24 at 18.08.04.png

No worries

Glad you sorted it

:)

• Like 1

Posted

I have had some difficulty this evening in uploading photos, in that the forum message was that the system was unable to upload one particular the pic. After submitting a post, not including the "failed" upload, the "failed" photo then appeared on the forum along with others. When trying to delete the duplicated pic under the edit function, I was repeatedly taken back to to the first page of the thread.

Of course, after time, I was unable to delete the whole post and start again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I seem to have developed a problem with my cordless mouse; it works apart from the left-side button. Could it be a problem with NW or will have to fork out for a new mouse!

Posted

Lol, yeah sounds like your mouse rather than anything on here I'm afraid. Perhaps give it a clean under the button and make sure it's full charged. 

• Thanks 1

Posted

Thanks Paul, that was my expectation (once I'd got past the IT panic stage) It is more than 6 years' old!

PS: I did get a message thingie - something about not being in contact with Driver One...Whatever the flock that means!

Edited by Ed Stone

Posted

New one purchased and all is fine!:yahoo:

• Like 1