Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

Posted

used to be OK until recently - infact, I used to log out at the end of the day, then log back in the next day and not have to put my password in. But then around 2 weeks ago, it changed so I had to log in everytime I log out of the internet (even though I have ticked the 'remember me on this computer' setting, and in the past 48 hours, it just keeps logging me off when I am on the site.

Do you know what kind of cookie settings I need to look at?

Posted

Please read my signature.

Then THINK!!!

How many others feel the same way - you're getting worse than BBC - repeat after repeat.

Bye bye for now

Posted

used to be OK until recently - infact, I used to log out at the end of the day, then log back in the next day and not have to put my password in.  But then around 2 weeks ago, it changed so I had to log in everytime I log out of the internet (even though I have ticked the 'remember me on this computer' setting, and in the past 48 hours, it just keeps logging me off when I am on the site.

Do you know what kind of cookie settings I need to look at?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, been doing some detective work... could it be the fact that a temp within the office is also logged in with my password? (computer password that is - not NW password - as far as I know!!) and when he surfs the net (tut tut - shall have to keep my eye on that!) could that be what keeps logging me off NW?

Guest Mrs murphymoo

Not sure that the temp using your computer and surfing hte net would log you out of NW especially as you have ticked the 'remember me' option - the computer won;t know who is using it...

I expect it could be your temp logging you out manually of NW perhaps? Especially if you leave a window open with NW running, and he (she) wants to surf, they may just log you out before going on to surf?

I use the remember me option and haven't noticed any problems.

:)

Posted

Mrs M - you could well be right about the temp being on my password not having any effect when I am on NW and he goes on the net to surf... as in the past, other temps have been logged on with my password and I've never had this problem.

SR's explanation does seem most likely (not that I know how to delete cookies!) but it does make me kinda wonder what he is surfing for!!

Thanks for all your help.... he is leaving at the end of next week, so however you look at it, I've only got just over another week of being annoyingly logged off NW every 2 minutes!

Posted

Can anybody help with downloading Flashplayer?

First of all though, because my friendly IT guys in Denmark dont want remote users loading programmes onto the laptops, they have installed admin username and password protection.

This tends to pop up when i'm trying to save a new programme.

However, because the plonks are in Denmark, I needed to have the username and password to download certain programmes to be able to work. So I have both of these.

However, when I try and download Flash Player, nothing happens. No user/password required. The page just stalls. any ideas?

Posted

I worked it out eventually, looked at the code from someone else's post with a picture in it. It would have been better if I'd thought it through before asking for help. (doh!)

Thanks anyway people!!!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Always remember the "http://"

Posted
  • Location: Carnoustie Angus Scotland. (week days) Dundee (weekends)
  • Location: Carnoustie Angus Scotland. (week days) Dundee (weekends)

hi i cant get in to extra just getting error 404.

Posted

The events/sports selector is not working. If you click on a particular event, the PC opens the box asking you to open, save or cancel the file - and then if you try and open it with ie, you get an error message.

Posted

You probably already know but there some weird temperature/windspeed values showing up on the homepage.

Edited by Essex Snow

Posted

I need a bit of help - why does NW tell me I have 0bytes of global attachment space left when I only have 2 pictures posted (in the quater yearly competion)

I've been in my 'manage your attachments' section, and those are definatly the only 2 I have posted - using just over 50% of my attachment space.

I know in the past, I have been able to post around another 2-3 pictures when having those still posted in the thread - where's the rest of my space gone?!

Posted

Did you resize the pictures before posting them, if they are huge (larger than 800x600) then they will take up a lot of space?

Edit:// Yes they are huge!! Both about 2500 x 1500 pixels!!! You will need to delete those and re post them as 800x600 if you want to free up some space..

Posted

oops - thanks Paul - maybe thats why! I havent a clue how to downsize them (tad too technical!)

But I havent changed them since posted them months ago - and I've always manged to post a couple more pictures as well as them.

Posted

It's because there is also a global (board wide) limit as well - which we're very nearly at right now. The system automatically deletes old attachments, but if space is needed now, people need to go through their attachments and delete some of the older ones :D