Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

Posted

Twitter are changing things quite frequently at the moment, so it could be just the embed - for instance, the new longer tweets that are allowed may be a bit big for the embedder right now. I'd think it'll be something that Invision will address in the next update if that's the case. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Many thanks both. Well I've just removed all cookies associated with Twitter and Netweather, plus cleared my cache, and still only seeing the text in tweets. :( I guess we're running out of options? It's the intermittent nature of the problem that's weird. Why do the pics/charts appear one minute and gone the next??

Hi guys, thanks for trying to help with this ongoing problem. As I said above, I have 2 computers, one with windows 7 and one with windows 10. They both have Chrome as their default browsers and Internet Explorer available too. I even tried reloading Firefox and Safari. I've cleared caches, cookies, re-set, rebooted and "all" to no avail. The problem continues, just as Malcolm @Blessed Weather confirms. Sometimes everything is normal. Sometime the tweet appears with the text but no charts and occasionally it is completely blank. This problem first occurred about 2 to 3 weeks ago. Please help with this. David

Posted

As above David - it's very likely to be a twitter change somewhere which Invision will have to catch up with. The fact it started happening a few weeks ago points to this too, as the last update on here was back in December. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Who has deleted the northeast England regional thread and why haven't we got another one?

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

The issue earlier wasn't related to the number of people online, there's some sort of a bug in the software currently which is causing a problem when certain tasks run unfortunately. But to answer your question, we run with load balanced, cloud based servers which spin up and down depending on demand.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: wintry
1 minute ago, Paul said:

The issue earlier wasn't related to the number of people online, there's some sort of a bug in the software currently which is causing a problem when certain tasks run unfortunately. But to answer your question, we run with load balanced, cloud based servers which spin up and down depending on demand.

That's a relief! Is the explanation available in English ? :nea:

Posted

Is there a pm facility or is the stickynote thing the way to do it? I am technically incompetent and do not understand these things, but want to contact another poster privately (nothing dodgy ? ). How do I go about it please, both sending and receiving? Thank you!

Posted

Hi Noggin, you can use the stickies, or you can go to your pm inbox to send a message here:

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/messenger/

Just click the 'compose new' button at the top, and a screen will load, similar to an email - so just type in the username of the person you want to send the message to and you can message them :) 

• Thanks 1

Posted
10 hours ago, JeffC said:

That's a relief! Is the explanation available in English ? :nea:

We can add/remove servers based on demand, and have a load balancer, which is a system sat in front of it which shares out all the connections from people to our servers and decides how many servers we need at that moment in time and automatically either adds or removes them as needed :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: wintry
6 hours ago, Paul said:

We can add/remove servers based on demand, and have a load balancer, which is a system sat in front of it which shares out all the connections from people to our servers and decides how many servers we need at that moment in time and automatically either adds or removes them as needed :) 

Thanks, makes more sense to this luddite!

Posted

Ok ta, will do some testing with it - am thinking it may be just the click points are a bit small, have you tried zooming the screen a bit to see if that helps?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, to a point .....

Hi, wanted to purchase netweather extra for a year but having problems. Signed in to the forum no problems, but when I click netweather extra and click the purchase option it asks me to login and when I put my details in, it says username password combination not recognised!

Any help much appreciated thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

The Geo tracker on the V7 radar doesn't seem to be working correctly. It isn't always showing the red dot, but the page zooms to the area when I load the page. It took around a minute to show the first time, now it doesn't show at all. I tested on Chrome and Edge.

I get the popup asking me to allow the use of the location, but that's it.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Hi, is the radar having problems after the clock change?

It's showing 19.10 as the slide time when it should be 20.10 . Or is it an hour behind by coincidence?

Not an issue on a dry evening but it could cause confusion from tomorrow evening onwards.

Thank you.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
46 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Hi, is the radar having problems after the clock change?

It's showing 19.10 as the slide time when it should be 20.10 . Or is it an hour behind by coincidence?

Not an issue on a dry evening but it could cause confusion from tomorrow evening onwards.

Thank you.

Can you check again? I have just looked and the time is fine

Posted
1 minute ago, Summer Sun said:

Can you check again? I have just looked and the time is fine

It's correct for me too now. Maybe my radar page needed refreshing!

• Like 1