Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

Posted
1 hour ago, Polar Bear said:

Hello Paul

I have tried to search to get the answer to this, but where is the link to explain about how many likes you can have and for how long before they reset - I have a feeling it maybe at my limit as I couldn't like anything, I remember reading somewhere, but cant remember where. Typical me. No rush in answering  - when you have five.

Thank you!

May have been related to the problem SS mentions below, hopefully working again now?

28 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Status update box is having issues loading up I click it and it sticks on 'loading'

Hopefully should be fixed?

3 minutes ago, The East has Ceased said:

This may just be me but I'm not sure

I can't input/change any postcodes or locations on the main site under the weather forecasts or risk pages, it was working last night..

Happens in both Chrome and Edge, I've cleared cache and history but still nothing

May be something on your side I think, seems to be ok here - in Chrome, when you're on the page, if you can press ctrl+shift+i, then choose the network tab, then type in the location/postcode you're wanting choose, does anything come up as red inside the network bit?

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
2 minutes ago, Paul said:

May have been related to the problem SS mentions below, hopefully working again now?

Yep all fixed now

:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms
8 minutes ago, Paul said:

May be something on your side I think, seems to be ok here - in Chrome, when you're on the page, if you can press ctrl+shift+i, then choose the network tab, then type in the location/postcode you're wanting choose, does anything come up as red inside the network bit?

Thanks, nothing showing in red

Does seem to be an issue my side, usually the dropdown would appear with the searched postcode a few seconds after I've finished typing, I can only get it to do this now if I left click in the search. I'll keep tinkering! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Hi Team. Sorry if this has already been raised, but there seems to be an issue with tweets. The pics/charts in tweets seem to disappear leaving only the text. Then later on the pics/charts re-appear again. Of course the lack of the supporting visuals can completely alter the value of a tweet, leaving readers puzzled. Is it a forum issue or maybe a browser issue?
Many thanks.

53 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Hi Team. Sorry if this has already been raised, but there seems to be an issue with tweets. The pics/charts in tweets seem to disappear leaving only the text. Then later on the pics/charts re-appear again. Of course the lack of the supporting visuals can completely alter the value of a tweet, leaving readers puzzled. Is it a forum issue or maybe a browser issue?
Many thanks.

I've been having exactly the same problem Very inconsistent. I hope Paul can fix this (not a clear cache issue). 

Posted
1 hour ago, Blessed Weather said:

Many thanks.

I had an issue with tweets not showing correctly the text would show but the actual twitter box didn't it was an add-on I had installed on Firefox in the end if you have any extensions installed on your browser I'd suggest you try disabling them all and see if that helps

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Summer Sun said:

I had an issue with tweets not showing correctly the text would show but the actual twitter box didn't it was an add-on I had installed on Firefox in the end if you have any extensions installed on your browser I'd suggest you try disabling them all and see if that helps

Thanks SS. I've checked my Firefox settings and I've no extensions added, but do have 3 plug-ins (see screen grab). Seems remote, but do you think it's one of them?

@Bring Back1962-63 David - do you use Firefox?

5a7ed908c1309_FirefoxPlugins.thumb.jpg.d06bbf24fc1c8a8211eb6c849d9fb9af.jpg

Posted
3 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Thanks SS. I've checked my Firefox settings and I've no extensions added, but do have 3 plug-ins (see screen grab). Seems remote, but do you think it's one of them?

@Bring Back1962-63 David - do you use Firefox?

5a7ed908c1309_FirefoxPlugins.thumb.jpg.d06bbf24fc1c8a8211eb6c849d9fb9af.jpg

Those shouldn't really affect the displaying of tweets it is extensions which are more likely to cause issues which obviously won't be your issue as you haven't got them installed

I know it sounds daft but have you tried another browser like internet explorer or Chrome?

Posted
3 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Those shouldn't really affect the displaying of tweets it is extensions which are more likely to cause issues which obviously won't be your issue as you haven't got them installed

I know it sounds daft but have you tried another browser like internet explorer or Chrome?

Thanks again SS. At the mo I'm seeing tweets OK (and it's the on/off nature of the problem that's puzzling). But next time they won't display I'll switch to MS Edge and see if they work with that browser.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Thanks again SS. At the mo I'm seeing tweets OK (and it's the on/off nature of the problem that's puzzling). But next time they won't display I'll switch to MS Edge and see if they work with that browser.

One other thing you could try is type about:support in the bar at the top and click restart with add-ons disabled or refresh firefox both are on the same page

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Thanks 1

Just catching up here. Thanks to both of you for trying to sort out this problem. Gavin - you seem to be very knowledgeable about these things and you post a lot of tweets.

I used to have Firefox but had more problems with it than it resolved - so I removed it. My desktop PC still runs on Windows 7 (I have a large amount of business related programmes, files and documents on there and although many are backed up and I also use Drop Box not all the data can be re-imported easily). I have a Laptop that runs on Windows 10 for travelling and I use as a back up and for a stand by contingency If, or when, I get problems on my desktop. I still prefer Windows 7 to 10 but I know it gets far less support now and I'll have to bite the bullet before too long. I use Chrome as my main browser on both and also have Internet Explorer available too on both. 

I clear my cache at least once a day. I have no trouble accessing any other sites apart from twitter. Twitter is an allowed site within my Chrome settings and a trusted site in my Windows firewall. I tried deleting them and re-adding them and rebooting the computer (all recommended "help" actions) but the problem persists. Could the two problems be related? I get occasional access to the posted tweet charts on the NetWeather forum site but las with with Malcolm (Blessed Weather) it's pretty bad today. Most of the tweets on the tweet thread are not showing fully (some are okay!). The biggest problem is with certain types of tweet. Please have a look at Knocker's tweet on the Teleconnections Learning thread. it was the last entry on page 6. Sometimes there's a blank page, sometimes the text shows without the charts and when I press refresh, I can see the chart for half a second before it disappears. This problem started several weeks ago - never had it prior to that. Sometimes, everything is okay and more often than not it isn't!

I have just fired up my Laptop for the first time in several weeks to see if the same problem occurs from their too....and yes it does! The fact that I've got this problem on too different computers with different versions of Windows and Malcolm has the same problem, does make me think that it is either a twitter issue and/or a NetWeather issue. 

Does anyone else have this problem too?

I do hope that it can be sorted out soon, one way or another.

David

Posted
5 minutes ago, Bring Back1962-63 said:

Just catching up here. Thanks to both of you for trying to sort out this problem. Gavin - you seem to be very knowledgeable about these things and you post a lot of tweets.

Just loaded that page up and it is fine for me 1st time

d0691f76-7831-4381-94bd-d55cae37ec3f.thumb.png.82c39f66a982fd69ad6b8748e57d69b6.png

You mention ' Twitter is an allowed site' that is something I have never added and it is fine for me

As well as clearing the cache vave you removed cookies for twitter and netweather?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny (hate hot), severe thunderstorms, heavy snow, extreme cold

Something odd going on with the 10 day at a glance page, when I press full forecast it takes me to a garbled mess of a page. Happens on my pc, laptop and phone.

prob.png

prob2.png

Posted
10 minutes ago, Jonathan Lang said:

Something odd going on with the 10 day at a glance page, when I press full forecast it takes me to a garbled mess of a page. Happens on my pc, laptop and phone.

prob.png

prob2.png

Have you cleared your cache? it is fine for me

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny (hate hot), severe thunderstorms, heavy snow, extreme cold

Fine for me too now, it was rather odd, especially since it was occuring between devices.

Posted

This has no doubt been discussed previously but I'm suddenly getting ads popping up in the middle of the page with a little message at the top saying a web page is slowing down your browser what do you want to do? Very annoying So I would grateful if someone could indicate how I get rid of it. Thanks

Posted

TWITTER PROBLEM

The intermittent problem with posted tweets not displaying pics & tweets (just text) is still occurring. This morning I tried using MS Edge instead of my usual Firefox browser, but this made no difference. I have tried all the helpful suggestions made by @Summer Sun with the exception of clearing cookies (which I'm reluctant to do).

The fact that this problem is occurring with another member @Bring Back1962-63 who uses two other browsers (Chrome and Internet Explorer) suggests to me that this either a Twitter or Netweather problem.

Any comments please Support Team? Many thanks.

Posted
1 hour ago, knocker said:

This has no doubt been discussed previously but I'm suddenly getting ads popping up in the middle of the page with a little message at the top saying a web page is slowing down your browser what do you want to do? Very annoying So I would grateful if someone could indicate how I get rid of it. Thanks

This issue may be browser related?  For me, it occurs when using Firefox and in particular when simultaneously I have additional web pages open.  Clicking the “stop it” box to the right of the message seems to sort the immediate situation, although obviously not the cause of it   

The problem never occurs when browsing with Safari.

Posted
1 minute ago, ciel said:

This issue may be browser related?  For me, it occurs when using Firefox and in particular when simultaneously I have additional web pages open.  Clicking the “stop it” box to the right of the message seems to sort the immediate situation, although obviously not the cause of it   

The problem never occurs when browsing with Safari.

Yes I was wondering that as I use Firefox and I had a few windows open. I'll shut the rest down and see what happens.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
7 minutes ago, knocker said:

Yes I was wondering that as I use Firefox and I had a few windows open. I'll shut the rest down and see what happens.

Malcolm, it might be worth adding an ad-blocker to your browser......here's a link to adding this ad-blocker extension to firefox

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/poper-blocker-pop-up-blocker/?gclid=Cj0KCQiA2Y_UBRCGARIsALglqQ3NJrK1RqBblLl9yntMKUDVRXIMErQmqS8ZSqshV5pDYj_AQNstained glass windowEaArukEALw_wcB

• Thanks 1

Posted

Hmm, bearing in mind it's the ads which pay for lots of free stuff on websites, I'd not necessarily recommend that!

There shouldn't be any ads loading in the middle of the page at all, so it could be something browser related - I'd probably start there by making sure you don't have any un-needed addons etc, and also clear cookies/cache too.

@Blessed Weather - It may be somethingin the embedding process between twitter and the forum, but tbh, I'd always recommend clearing cookies and cache as a first port of call as that sorts 99% of problems. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Blessed Weather said:

TWITTER PROBLEM

The intermittent problem with posted tweets not displaying pics & tweets (just text) is still occurring. This morning I tried using MS Edge instead of my usual Firefox browser, but this made no difference. I have tried all the helpful suggestions made by @Summer Sun with the exception of clearing cookies (which I'm reluctant to do).

The fact that this problem is occurring with another member @Bring Back1962-63 who uses two other browsers (Chrome and Internet Explorer) suggests to me that this either a Twitter or Netweather problem.

Any comments please Support Team? Many thanks.

You can remove cookies specific to site/s ie just netweather and or twitter

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Paul said:

- It may be somethingin the embedding process between twitter and the forum, but tbh, I'd always recommend clearing cookies and cache as a first port of call as that sorts 99% of problems. 

59 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

You can remove cookies specific to site/s ie just netweather and or twitter

Many thanks both. Well I've just removed all cookies associated with Twitter and Netweather, plus cleared my cache, and still only seeing the text in tweets. :( I guess we're running out of options? It's the intermittent nature of the problem that's weird. Why do the pics/charts appear one minute and gone the next??

Edited by Blessed Weather