Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

Posted

While I'm here... during busy election periods such as today, would it not be possible to have a system whereby blanket restrictions on number of post can be waived. I see that there was a problem with a newcomer yesterday but seems a bit of a blunt instrument in response. Specific restrictions might be too consuming but while there is a need to bypass the tedious debate carousel it is not really the ideal situation for a useful exchange of views.

Edited by Gael_Force
  • Like 1

Posted

The issue yesterday was unrelated, the change to the 15 post a day restriction has been a long time in the planning and implementing. 

In terms of opening it up a bit, so far only 2 people have hit the limit, everyone else is well within it, so we'll see how it goes. If a lot of people are hitting it, then we can look to adjust, but based on the posting patterns previously, we feel 15 is a good place to start, and ought to be more than enough for a reasonable discussion.

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, Paul said:

The issue yesterday was unrelated, the change to the 15 post a day restriction has been a long time in the planning and implementing. 

In terms of opening it up a bit, so far only 2 people have hit the limit, everyone else is well within it, so we'll see how it goes. If a lot of people are hitting it, then we can look to adjust, but based on the posting patterns previously, we feel 15 is a good place to start, and ought to be more than enough for a reasonable discussion.

Thanks.....I certainly never went near 15 a day and doubt I ever will but I was thinking more of the frequent posts today while results are coming in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Not sure what happened but I tried to edit a post in the SW thread and it came up with an error. Now I can't edit any posts in there. Still works fine elsewhere on the forum.

Edited by matt111

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
9 minutes ago, Paul said:

There's a time limit for edits, you've probably hit that :) 

That explains the rest but I'd only just posted the one I was trying to edit. How long is the limit? 

Edited by matt111

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Is that a new thing Paul? I'm certain I could edit posts whenever before.

Edited by Dami

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

The superscript/subscript functions have also disappeared...

Posted
43 minutes ago, Dami said:

Is that a new thing Paul? I'm certain I could edit posts whenever before.

Yes kind of, it's been re-implemented this week after we'd switched off the limits previously. A couple of reasons for it, first we've got a new posting limit in the serious discussion area, and didn't want post editing to be a method of getting round that. Secondly, more generally, materially editing a post after people have already replied to it, can throw the discussion off a bit and create misunderstanding/confusion, so having a short limit makes sense.

40 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

The superscript/subscript functions have also disappeared...

There haven't been any changes to the editor Pete, but the functions shown do depend on the space on the screen, so if you're on a mobile/tablet or pc with a small resolution then they may not show.

• Like 2

Posted

Haven't been in the chat room much lately but was in there yesterday and it kept saying disconnected from node server being in there for a few minutes. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Hi I hope you can help .I can not post in the serious discussion forums , when I woke this morning I found I could post in all serious discussion apart from the uk politics thread but as I had nothing to post in the others I didn't do so . However I have now discovered I can't post in any of the serious discussion forums . I have not totalled 15 posts in the last 24 hours ( I count 12 in total ) and nor to my knowledge have I posted anything that has been against forum guidelines or has offended anyone I find it really strange for example I could have posted in the Scottish forum at 7:30am but not by 9am and inbeetween I did not post anywhere else . Can you help me please .

Kind Regards 

Mark

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
1 hour ago, Mark wheeler said:

Hi I hope you can help .I can not post in the serious discussion forums , when I woke this morning I found I could post in all serious discussion apart from the uk politics thread but as I had nothing to post in the others I didn't do so . However I have now discovered I can't post in any of the serious discussion forums . I have not totalled 15 posts in the last 24 hours ( I count 12 in total ) and nor to my knowledge have I posted anything that has been against forum guidelines or has offended anyone I find it really strange for example I could have posted in the Scottish forum at 7:30am but not by 9am and inbeetween I did not post anywhere else . Can you help me please .

Kind Regards 

Mark

It is a rolling 24hr period Mark, and you are upto 15 as far as I am aware unless there is a bug in the system.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
10 minutes ago, chionomaniac said:

It is a rolling 24hr period Mark, and you are upto 15 as far as I am aware unless there is a bug in the system.

Ok il give it a few hours , it's not the end of the world . Thanks . :)

Posted

You should be able to post again now, and I've just switched on notifications to let people know when they have hit the limit & when they can post again. 

• Like 1

Posted

On Chrome, I must have done something silly as I can no longer reply as I don't get a quote box to open properly. It is just a grey space asking for attachments to be uploaded. It's OK on Edge which I'm using for this post.

Posted

I think the Will it rain function is broken. It shows the same totals when changing to different locations e.g. Capel-Curig

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Just wondering is it actually possible to enable a feature which shows how many posts you have made in the SD section?

I know you get a notification when it's reached but if you post in a few threads over the 24hr period you can easily lose track of how many posts you've made

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Bit difficult getting onto the forum just now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Same issues here as well it dropped out just seconds after I posted in the spring thread a short time ago

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Seems to be a issue with ignored users I shouldn't be able too see their replies but I can and yes it was the normal drivel from a person who will remain nameless.