Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
1 minute ago, davehsug said:

I'm still the same too. Just hope it goes like it came!

Yes, I'm sure i could cure it with trying a different browser or something but cant really swap things about as its my work computer as well, it doesn't affect me that much because the model output thread is fine.

Posted

It's started to happen on my PC tonight. It's always after someone has posted a tweet. There is a huge empty space in the box & once past that post the screen scrolls upwards slowly. Maybe it's an internet explorer thing?

Posted
24 minutes ago, Paul said:

Which post is it happening on Dave?

The latest is after Alexisj post with the tweet at about 51 minutes ago, in the Brexit thread.

Edited by davehsug

Posted

Thanks. I can't for the life of me recreate it unfortunately, so none-the-wiser as to the cause. The fact it started happening after an update tells me there may be a bug somewhere, but it's obviously an obscure and uncommon one, which is often the hardest to track down and fix. I'll keep en eye out and keep testing on posts with tweets in every browser I can lay my hands on though, to hopefully see it happening in the flesh!

Posted
4 hours ago, Paul said:

Thanks. I can't for the life of me recreate it unfortunately, so none-the-wiser as to the cause. The fact it started happening after an update tells me there may be a bug somewhere, but it's obviously an obscure and uncommon one, which is often the hardest to track down and fix. I'll keep en eye out and keep testing on posts with tweets in every browser I can lay my hands on though, to hopefully see it happening in the flesh!

Hi Paul. I've just looked at it again. For me it only happens when a tweet is embedded. The tweet itself stays in the same place, but if I go to the bottom of the post box, the box just keeps getting bigger and scrolls down the screen. It definitely only affects ie on my PC. If I switch to Firefox or Chrome, everything's fine.

Posted
23 minutes ago, Paul said:

Thanks, that's the one I've been testing on, but no joy recreating it. It's a mystery for now!

Have the page  moving too, with large gaps, not sure if this helps, but its ok on page 89 on the mod thread, until  it gets to summer suns tweet from Mat H, then it starts.

Sorry, just to add,  just looked at another thread and it does seem to start straight after someone has posted a tweet.

Edited by DAVID SNOW

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Hi Paul,

I've cleared my browser etc & it's still happening in the Strat thread, but also happening in the snow cover thread - and sometimes in the model thread too.

Just to add, now the strat thread has started a new page, it's not doing it, prob will as the page gets longer.

Edited by SteveB

Posted
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and very warm (not hot!)
On ‎23‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 15:40, davehsug said:

For the last couple of days, on my mobile, whenever someone embeds a tweet into their post, I am getting a huge gap after the tweet and once past the post, the screen keeps scrolling upwards slowly, making reading and replying impossible. I am using android.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Am having the same issue on my laptop, have deleted all history, cookies etc.   As you have said it starts happening as soon as a "tweet" is embedded. V annoying.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: wintry
2 hours ago, Aljoca said:

Am having the same issue on my laptop, have deleted all history, cookies etc.   As you have said it starts happening as soon as a "tweet" is embedded. V annoying.

Hi - yes I'm having same issue on both my PC, laptop & kindle whenever anyone embeds a tweet. noticed it first in Strat thread and now P1 of new MOD is doing it below where someone embedded Ian F's 3 Tweets which now take up about 2/3 of the page!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

tried to change avatar pic and no can do.   Is this down to software bug or am I using it incorrectly?   Just refers to cover photo?

Posted

Don't think there's a problem with it. The option to change your profile pic is just across the screen from the cover photo option.

Desktop / tablet

screenshot-www.netweather.tv 2016-11-07 08-15-07.png

Mobile (smaller tablets)

screenshot-www.netweather.tv 2016-11-07 08-15-23.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Thanks Paul.   Didn't see it tucked in there. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Sorry Paul my turn, I keep on getting notifications via my email, I think I may of accidently activated it some how :oops:

How does one turn it off ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Morning Team. I was browsing the forums this morning and suddenly got a host error screen and couldn't get back on the site for several minutes. Whatever the problem was, it's gone now. But I thought you may wish to know? Here's a screen grab of the error message.

Host error Nov 26.jpg 

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Sorry if this has already been asked on the forum, but what internet browser is best for net weather? I get a lot of unresponsive script  issues and crashes, especially in the chatroom.

Posted

There shouldn't be issues on any browser like that really. The chat room is out of our control unfortunately as it's hosted on invisions side.