Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

Posted
  • Location: Woodham Walter Essex,between Danbury and Maldon 42 m asl

Totally agree  Paul ,and I don't know how to phrase this tactfully. There are a new generation who have never seen tough moderation in the 'mod' thread, and it's noticeable they are the ones cluttering up with just chatter .

its all well and good, until we get snow event - snow event?? What's one of those??- and that's my point I suppose, there seems to be a lack of consistency .

I love the mod thread in winter( never post as I am not knowledgable enough ) but it's usually a fantastic read, and can have banter too, but not one liners .

I can't be the only one who gauges the mood of the weather , by how active the thread is?

its disheartening to look and see it's a load of nonsense .

Posted
On 18/01/2016 at 9:24 PM, Daniel* said:

I'm afraid not Paul I can only upload through URL address thing quite the mystery.

I think the iphone/ipad upload problem ought to be fixed now :) 

Posted
9 minutes ago, Paul said:

I think the iphone/ipad upload problem ought to be fixed now :) 

Hi Paul, yes I can confirm that was irritating. :) 

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
4 hours ago, Paul said:

You can also copy / paste the url of the image, but yes at the current time you can't copy/paste the image itself :) 

I found that sometimes, users were either posting images that needed the James Webb space telescope to view them, or they were mammoth in size that they took up too much screen space. I guess it was down to that? I hope that doesn't come back!

Posted

That was something else funny enough. I'm not sure if the change to how it pasting images in works is a bug introduced in the last update or deliberate for some reason, will try to find out.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

503 bad gateway website offline for maintenance or over capacity just now.

Posted

I am trying to upgrade and get netweather radar , but when I try to subscribe it says neither password not user name recognised.

the user name and email is definitely me, so I assumed the password was incorrect but when I request a lost password it claims my email isn't on the database.

any suggestions?

• 1 month later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Hi Team. I would like to attach some personal photos to a message to another member in the messenger facility. I don't particularly want to make them visible to everyone. I only appear to have the option of attaching photos I've previously posted, or alternatively giving a URL for a photo location. The photos are on my laptop, so neither of these options work. Is there a way around this, or should I just ask the member for their personal email address and send the images that way?

Many thanks.

1 hour ago, Blessed Weather said:

Hi Team. I would like to attach some personal photos to a message to another member in the messenger facility. I don't particularly want to make them visible to everyone. I only appear to have the option of attaching photos I've previously posted, or alternatively giving a URL for a photo location. The photos are on my laptop, so neither of these options work. Is there a way around this, or should I just ask the member for their personal email address and send the images that way?

Many thanks.

Hi Mlocolm

If you go into Messenger, create a new conversation.

Capture.JPG

Click on choose files (as shown) and you should be able to upload files directly into messenger from your PC / Laptop.

You will also be able to realise I am lousy at art!!!!

Edited by J10

Posted
23 minutes ago, J10 said:

Hi Mlocolm

If you go into Messenger, create a new conversation.

Capture.JPG

Click on choose files (as shown) and you should be able to upload files directly into messenger from your PC / Laptop.

You will also be able to realise I am lousy at art!!!!

Hi Julian. Thank you for replying so promptly. You should be relaxing with your feet up on a Sunday! :)

That's strange, because unfortunately I don't get the option "choose files" when I either reply to a message or start a new message. Here's the screen grab of what I get and it shows there's no "choose files" option. When I do a normal post I get the option; indeed I've used it to attach the illustration below. For info, I use the Firefox browser.
(Please don't worry about replying tonight!).

Message page.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
36 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Hi Julian. Thank you for replying so promptly. You should be relaxing with your feet up on a Sunday! :)

That's strange, because unfortunately I don't get the option "choose files" when I either reply to a message or start a new message. Here's the screen grab of what I get and it shows there's no "choose files" option. When I do a normal post I get the option; indeed I've used it to attach the illustration below. For info, I use the Firefox browser.
(Please don't worry about replying tonight!).

Message page.jpg

I've just had a look at my PM system and I don't have the attach option (have it in posts like yourself)

One option you can use is to upload the photo's to an external site (example http://www.imageupload.co.uk/ ) and copy the URL/s into the message if you use the one I've linked after uploading click embed codes and select direct links paste that URL into you message do this for each image you need

Posted
3 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

I've just had a look at my PM system and I don't have the attach option (have it in posts like yourself)

One option you can use is to upload the photo's to an external site (example http://www.imageupload.co.uk/ ) and copy the URL/s into the message if you use the one I've linked after uploading click embed codes and select direct links paste that URL into you message do this for each image you need

Thanks SS. Off for an early night in a mo, so I'll try that tomorrow.

Posted
23 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

Thank you SS. Your solution worked very well for me. I'm sure you'll be flagging up that the "choose files" option in messenger isn't working, but in the meantime at least there's a solution. Cheers! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
21 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Thank you SS. Your solution worked very well for me. I'm sure you'll be flagging up that the "choose files" option in messenger isn't working, but in the meantime at least there's a solution. Cheers! :)

No worries glad it worked @Paul may be able to fix this

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

"You are not allowed to give reputation to this user."

What's that about?

Posted

It's a bug, I had it yesterday too - although it does still appear to add the reputation point regardless. Hopefully will be sorted on the next update in a week or so. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Cheers, Paul.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Hmm, 90% of users profile pictures have disappeared?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

They've come back now, for about half an hour most users' profile pictures were just the grey  silhouette