Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
2 minutes ago, Timmytour said:

As mentioned.....I see the box....but I cannot change it!!!!!

Maybe being on a work laptop running IE9 doesn't help, but I'm generally finding things to be hard work.....I hear the noise and don't see any notifications....I "refresh" a couple of times and it looks like no one has posted.....and then another refresh and I find that several posts have gone up in the intervening 20 minutes!   The site just seems to be very inconsistent compared to how it used to be....for me anyway which I appreciate doesn't mean it's like that for everyone.

I've just tested it using the IE 11 rendering engine on Avant browser, and you're right! The box is there, but you can't do anything with it. It did the same with the login credentials too.
I guess you'll have to ditch IE?! :mellow:

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Annoying bugs in the editor. Delete doesn't work although backspace does. You can't tab along a line.

Quite often you get new replies in this thread notification but when you post there isn't any so are these phantom posts or posts in another unrelated thread???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Inactive account. Please delete.

Hi guys,

Just letting you know that this account is being abandoned so won't be logged into again, feel free to delete it.

I made it 8 years ago and only posted about 4 times apparently so no big loss.

The joys of clearing out old email addresses...

Posted

It's not firefox, it's Avast I imagine - it's got some issue where it's marking some websites security certificates as unsafe. Expect they'll sort it soon, but in the meantime following the steps in this post will sort it

https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=177468.msg1262180#msg1262180

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Paul I get in using Chrome but not using Firefox... so I think there is a FF problem as well.

Posted

It may just be the way Avast works with Firefox, I assume you have avast on your pc?

I'm using on Firefox to test, and it's ok here, with no other complaints, apart from those with Avast. :) 

Posted

Hi,

I'm experiencing a problem while trying to get into the process of uploading a new profile pic.

Nothing seems to be happening? 

image.thumb.png.f8c9611feaceaf7082ed38fa

Posted
44 minutes ago, Paul said:

What happens when you click the choose file button?

Nothing at all. Just the profile photo box whatever you call it goes vertical on its own accord. Summat is up? Oddly I've not heard this reported by anyone else. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Yes I've got Avast but funnily enough I'm here now... odd! Thanks Paul.

• Like 1

Posted

Not a big issue at all but thought I mention it anyways that the birthdays dates on people's profiles are in the American format, is that something to do with the forum or is my laptop on some sort of American setting?

Posted

why when I want to post, not reply to a post, do I see my last reply to one. Then have to delete that post and my reply before I can make a post please?

many thanks Paul if you see this?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None - UK weather is always exciting at some point

Can you help please.

I have had trouble since the web site was updated - being able to  'like a post.  It will about 1 in 20 times let me like a post, but other than that it states I am unable to register my vote, so I have given up.

I hope you can help??

Sonnia

Posted
On 11/01/2016 at 7:11 PM, Geordiesnow said:

Not a big issue at all but thought I mention it anyways that the birthdays dates on people's profiles are in the American format, is that something to do with the forum or is my laptop on some sort of American setting?

Yep, will have a look into this - it should all be in UK format. 

On 07/01/2016 at 10:52 PM, Earnest Easterly* said:

Done that nothing seems to be working? Tried on my phone as well, nope.

This ought to be fixed now I think?

On 14/01/2016 at 8:49 AM, johnholmes said:

why when I want to post, not reply to a post, do I see my last reply to one. Then have to delete that post and my reply before I can make a post please?

many thanks Paul if you see this?

Take a look here John, following the steps in my post on there + clearing your browser cache should stop it happening

9 minutes ago, Sonnia said:

Can you help please.

I have had trouble since the web site was updated - being able to  'like a post.  It will about 1 in 20 times let me like a post, but other than that it states I am unable to register my vote, so I have given up.

I hope you can help??

Sonnia

I've not heard this one reported before, so I'm not sure. I'll have a look into it and come back to you. Is there a particular thread or member this happens with?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

why am I now unable to copy an image and post it..??? :wallbash:

For example, from Meteociel to the Mod thread?

Help!

Posted

It's a bug which was introduced during the last update, should hopefully be fixed soon. Meantime, if you right click the image and copy the url rather than the image itself, pasting that in will work, and show the image in your post.

Posted

The answer is all over the help section.

Posted
  • Location: Woodham Walter Essex,between Danbury and Maldon 42 m asl
  • Location: Woodham Walter Essex,between Danbury and Maldon 42 m asl

Not sure if this is the appropriate place to post.

i don't want to be a killjoy,as this winter ( so far ) has been pretty dire, but can the mods please please PLEASE! Start deleting and moving ,  without warning, what are blatant chat , banter and moans from the model thread into the chat, banter and moan thread?

its getting beyond a joke, to log on and see new posts , and it's full of chatter and nonsense ! And not a whiff of model related information. 

Cheers 

Posted

The team do remove non-model related posts, but obviously can't read them all and are reliant on people using the report function to flag up any posts which they feel are a problem. What I would say is that there is a fine line between keeping it on topic, and stripping it back so far that it becomes entirely dry, which wouldn't be ideal :)