Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

Posted

When I click on the 'Mark all posts as read'. Unread posts do not change and remain like there are unread.

Any ideas ?

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)

Have you tried deleting all the board cookies from the main forum page: at the bottom right "Delete cookies by this board"

Then try logging in again and then click "Mark all posts as read"

Posted

Are you doing it from the forum index?

Because if you do it in a specific forum, it may only be marking posts in that forum.

Do it on the forum home page to mark them all.

Posted

It's something to do with the cookies again, have a try at emptying your cache and then see what happens :)

The post read marking system on this type of forum can be a bit flakey in some setups, the makers of the board are soon to replace the system with something else, so if it doesn't sort itself it may be just a case of waiting a month or so until the new version of the forum is bought out. (which incidentally has a number of very cool new features)

Posted

Thanks Paul. Bit weird actually cos it works on my PC here at work but not at home or at the PC at work I was on Saturday.

Posted

I can't post this anywhere else, for reasons which will become apparent.

I can view the forum, I can reply to messages, but I can't send PMs, start new topics, edit messages or upload photos or attachements. I've also tried registering with an OS service this morning, but it won't let me. I've disabled my firewall, cleared my cache and rebooted my computer. Nothing is working.

Anyone got any bright ideas?

Posted

What happens when you try to use the add reply?

Sounds like spyware to me - try running adaware or similar if you have it.

Posted

When I try to use anything listed above, it just times out on me and I get the message saying

Timeout waiting for answer from proxy

Timeout waiting for answer from HTTP proxy.

Remote server "www.gps.gov.uk" is probably not answering

I've got Spysweeper permanantly running and just done a sweep, but to my horror, it found 14 spyware thingys. I thought Spysweeper would automatically prevent spyware from infecting my coimputer, but I've just noticed that the option to prevent IE tracking cookies was not enabled. What's the point in that? Anyway, quarantined everything and will see if it makes any difference.

Posted

I think you could be right. The trouble is, my ISP is basically a beardy man who lives on top of a hill. I'll see what he says though.

Posted

I'm now having the same problem with the, "Mark all posts as read" function while using Firefox.

I'll see if I can find a solution.

Edit:\ Fixed it.

I found a cookie from www.net-weather.co.uk titled, 'forum_read' and removed it.

That sorted it as soon as I hit the link again.

Posted

]

Doesn't the cafe already do that MMONDX ???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No. That's a cafe, not a pub! http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif

Pub-themed. Strictly to be used by drunkards and folks requiring a hair of the dog!

If we had a pub forum, would it have to be smoke-free?

I'm only kidding people. Don't worry, i'm just upto no good again :p I'm away to post in the cafe....

...but i ain't starting anymore threads! Members don't like that no more :):)

Edited by MM0NDX

Posted

The GFS has a slight glitch there tonight - we;ve checked our system and its showing the right result - will update with the 18z.. :p

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Gutted. Just booked a short break to Gwynedd http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Still having problems viewing images from the gallery. I can up load images etc, but can not view them, or anyone elses. Paul gave me a few pointers, like checking my firewall settings. They are set to standard, and Paul also said check your browser setting. Not sure what to look for on that one :) .

Anyone got any ideas on what could be wrong, what I can do about it.

Posted

Steve, which browser are you using? Have you tired using a different one to see if the same thing happens?