Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Yes still not able to load homepage and some features. Luckily forum is working.

I'm using google chrome but I'll install Firefox and try that in a moment.

Posted

Ok thanks, or maybe just try in an incognito window as an initial test. It's certainly fine in chrome here. 

It's starting working again now out of no where although I'll have a clean up and re install google chrome anyway then is it must be something my end.

Thanks for quick reply though.

Posted

Very weird, as that message is definitely a proper error from the server. Wondering if it may have been caused by a corrupt cookie, so perhaps that got replaced or somehting. Might be worth just clearing them and your cache just to ensure it's cleared. 

Posted

Very weird, as that message is definitely a proper error from the server. Wondering if it may have been caused by a corrupt cookie, so perhaps that got replaced or somehting. Might be worth just clearing them and your cache just to ensure it's cleared. 

Alright thanks. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Paul, is the radar sale available for existing subscribers who need to renew? my current subscription ends on 5th December so I'll be renewing it next weekend

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Error 502 bad gateway at times when posting at times

Posted

Just need to let it settle down for now, it's still rebuilding behind the scenes, which will cause slowdowns etc - if they happen to be while you post, and exceed the timeout on the load balancing then it will show that error. If it's still happening after that, then we can dig into it more. 

Posted
  • Location: Yorkshire Puddin' aka Kirkham, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom
  • Weather Preferences: cold winters, cold springs, cold summers and cold autumns
  • Location: Yorkshire Puddin' aka Kirkham, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom
On ‎22‎/‎08‎/‎2013‎ ‎19‎:‎36‎:‎56, Paul said:

you can select mobile skin from the change theme link on the bottom left of every page.

The "change theme" link is now gone.  I'm not happy about this.  When I log in, I always use "change theme" to change the skin back to the old but colourful pre 2010 netweather skin.  I've never liked the recent black and white skins.

Edited by IHaveNoTrueFriendsNow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
49 minutes ago, IHaveNoTrueFriendsNow! said:

The "change theme" link is now gone.  I'm not happy about this.  When I log in, I always use "change theme" to change the skin back to the old but colourful pre 2010 netweather skin.  I've never liked the recent black and white skins.

:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
59 minutes ago, IHaveNoTrueFriendsNow! said:

Paul has said some more skins will be made available shortly

From the forum upgrade thread

Skins

We'll be putting an alternative skin online at some point by early next week, which'll have similar functionality to the current one, but with a different look and feel for those who want a few more blocks of colour on the page. 

Also coming up is the Christmas skin, hopefully by mid next week. 

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 2

Posted

When looking at the unread content, there is no link to select the page of posts. It is just taking you to the first post of the thread, that's daft as I then have to select the last page manually.

Edited by lettice
  • Like 1

Posted

If you click the dot or the star to the left it takes you to the last unread post, if you click the time to the right it takes you to that particular post.

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Paul said:

If you click the dot or the star to the left it takes you to the last unread post, if you click the time to the right it takes you to that particular post.

Thanks,

Do not see any star, but see the time below now. Had it in a one line condensed mode, so undone that and see time below now. Will just have to remember each time to use that, Would be nice in settings if you could just make it default tp go there from title and not first post.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

I'm trying to post a reply in the Mod thrad, but, unless I select an alternative post to quote, it sems to quote a post by "knocker" from a few days back (this is when I select Post Reply.  Can anyone offer any advice, please?

EDIT:  Please ignore - have solved it myself!

Edited by chrisbell-nottheweatherman

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and winter weather

can i change my username. I registred with facebook.com but i want a nickname. Lakigigar! :)

SOLVED

Edited by Lakigigar

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

The noise for a notification that there's been a new post on a thread is driving me nuts!!!!   How can I turn it off?   I go to my settings and there's a ticked box there which I can't seem to change at all.

Personally I would rather just refresh to see new comments.  That said, when I have started on one page, moved on through a couple of pages and then refreshed, I've noticed it takes me back to the page I started on!

I notice where a thread os over four pages long, there are options to go to the first four pages of the thread and the last page.  Would it not be better to have the option to go to the first pages or the last four pages of the thread?   For example.....if my last view of the model thread was when it showed 160 pages and the next time I visit it's 163 pages, I will probably want to pick up where I left off. But I can never imagine wanting to go to page 2 or 3 or 4 of it!

Greateful for all the work you guys do and forgive me for not looking through this thread to see if the answers i want already appear....but there are 132 pages to it as I post! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
1 hour ago, Timmytour said:

The noise for a notification that there's been a new post on a thread is driving me nuts!!!!   How can I turn it off?   I go to my settings and there's a ticked box there which I can't seem to change at all.

Personally I would rather just refresh to see new comments.  That said, when I have started on one page, moved on through a couple of pages and then refreshed, I've noticed it takes me back to the page I started on!

I notice where a thread os over four pages long, there are options to go to the first four pages of the thread and the last page.  Would it not be better to have the option to go to the first pages or the last four pages of the thread?   For example.....if my last view of the model thread was when it showed 160 pages and the next time I visit it's 163 pages, I will probably want to pick up where I left off. But I can never imagine wanting to go to page 2 or 3 or 4 of it!

Greateful for all the work you guys do and forgive me for not looking through this thread to see if the answers i want already appear....but there are 132 pages to it as I post! :)

https://forum.netweather.tv/notifications/options/

Uncheck - Play a sound when I receive a notification

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow
6 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

https://forum.netweather.tv/notifications/options/

Uncheck - Play a sound when I receive a notification

As mentioned.....I see the box....but I cannot change it!!!!!

Maybe being on a work laptop running IE9 doesn't help, but I'm generally finding things to be hard work.....I hear the noise and don't see any notifications....I "refresh" a couple of times and it looks like no one has posted.....and then another refresh and I find that several posts have gone up in the intervening 20 minutes!   The site just seems to be very inconsistent compared to how it used to be....for me anyway which I appreciate doesn't mean it's like that for everyone.