Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

Posted

Morning peeps. Is the feels like in the 10 day forecast still set on winter mode? I ask the question as the minimum temp is often below freezing and the max doesn't ever seem to go above the ambient temperature.

Thanks

Ian

Posted

No, it's all automatic now, so if temperatures get above the mid-teens it switches to using the heat-index, below that it'll use windchill. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Paul,

My messages panel thingie plays up on my smart phone too. Any ideas why? It's all a mystery to me. :oops:  :D

Posted

Am still not entirely sure what you're meaning Pete, you can get to your messages I think you said, so what's going wrong beyond that?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

I decided to change my profile photo and started by deleting the old one. But now I can't get any photo to upload, including my old photo, so I'm faceless!!

I've clicked on 'browse', selected a photo and pressed 'open'. The Netweather photo editor box shows the twirler going around (to signify it is uploading) and then puts the file path into the box next to 'browse', but no photo arrives in the crop screen (it remains blank). Argh!

I hope that makes sense and someone can shed some light on my problem.

Many thanks.

Posted

Not sure what may cause that - can you upload the photo into a post ok?

Thanks for the prompt response Paul. Here's the photo I'm trying to upload as my profile pic. Clearly uploads OK here.

post-20040-0-23594800-1432667503_thumb.j

Edit: If you are able to put the photo into my profile, please go ahead! I'd be very grateful!!!

2nd Edit 26th May: Still not working 24 hours on. I've tried switching off the firewall and even tried another laptop. It would appear to be a problem with the Photo Uploader/Editor software used for Profile pics??

Edited by Blessed Weather

Posted

We're still looking into this currently, it's not affecting everyone so hard to pin down.

Thank you Paul. I've also submitted an enquiry to the Netweather (Zendesk) Support ( number #6248) and have had an acknowledgement (as follows) but no solution yet.

Hi Malcolm,

We are taking a look at it now.

Regards,

Guy Mears

EDIT: I've just spotted that my Profile Photo has re-appeared!! Don't know who's fixed it for me, but many thanks. :)

Edited by Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I'm finding that when i use my phone or tablet (mobile site) It isn't remembering cookies. ie; Returning to the mod thread, on the same page, it always starts at the top of the page rather than the last post i read. I'm sure this was working before?

I'm starting to doubt myself now, but does it only work when you click the latest thread that shows up on the main forum page?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

Hi Paul and the netweather team, it isn't letting me upload pictures. I click upload, and nothing happens. For example today I wanted to change my profile picture. I pressed the button to open a picture, pressed open and then it said that it was uploaded. I clicked 'done' and it hadn't changed it at all. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Rain123

Posted

Hi Paul and the netweather team, it isn't letting me upload pictures. I click upload, and nothing happens. For example today I wanted to change my profile picture. I pressed the button to open a picture, pressed open and then it said that it was uploaded. I clicked 'done' and it hadn't changed it at all. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Rain123

Hi Rain123. There is, in my opinion, a problem with the picture upload and editing software within the My Profile facility. I had the same problem - see my posts 3116 and 3118 a page back. I can upload pics and charts within any thread, but not within My Profile. The Netweather team have kindly re-installed my old Profile pic, but I've not had an answer as to why this facility is not working properly. Until I hear that this has been fixed I'll hold back from trying to change my pic again!

Paul and support guys - this needs sorting please. Any further thoughts on what's causing this problem?

Posted

It's the software - unfortunately, it is a known problem with the makers, IP Board, and hopefully the next update will fix it.  Nothing anyone in nw towers can solve :)

Rain123 - the known problem only affects posting/updating pictures into profile avatars/photos.  You shouldn't be having problems uploading photos to the gallery or into posts?

• Like 1

Posted

Ok, cheers. I will go to that page.

Posted

Just tried the URL thing instead, and that had obviously worked fine for me. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

might be nowt, but I've been getting quite a few SSL Connection errors today when posting   :cc_confused:

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

How far does the Netweather lightning archive go back?

I've clicked to some dates in 2005, 2007 and 2009 that i have logged, and nothing is showing up?! - Last week is showing up ok though.

Cheers.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted

September 2011 is where it starts (27th). :)

Ahh i see. That's a shame! :)

I wanted to see how it faired in July 2007 as Friday looks a bit similar.

Cheers Paul!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

is there anyway of uploading java video capture files onto the forum (*.cap) extensions? 

Posted

ok, no worries