Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Ok thanks Paul I had to settle for WZ it was just so frustrating and getting late :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Gales - active weather!!!

Are images not allowed to be pasted into replies etc? Cannot find any way of doing it - when pasting it states not allowed - so my assumption is that images cannot be pasted in?

Posted

I'm not totally clear what you're meaning, but yes you can post images into your posts - you can either upload them (click more reply options in the post box to get the uploader), or you can click the image icon in the post editor and paste in the address of the image. The image needs to be a png, gif or jpg, and can't be dynamic.

There's some more info under 'posting' in the help pages too :)

https://forum.netweather.tv/index.php?app=core&module=help

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Gales - active weather!!!

Thanks Paul - working ok now.

For some reason I wasn't able to get the more reply options working and unable to attach.

Thanks for the help.

Posted

Hi Paul, when I'm browsing on my phone, I'm getting error messages like the one in the attached image below - the navigation doesn't seem to be working!

post-686-0-47686800-1421567280_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Hello,

I have tryed a few times to sign upto Netweather extra I'm trying to learn more and study the charts but for some reason it doesn't let me. I get a error message saying username and password not correct but I know it's the correct combination ?

Anyone help regards love snow

Posted

Hi, have you registered an account for Netweather Extra - it's separate to the forum so won't take your username and password from here :)

That's why then just thought it would be the same thanks very much :-)

Posted

Hi Gangan, there is some info on this over in the help files here (under posting):

https://forum.netweather.tv/index.php?app=core&module=help

But in short, on the post editor, if you click the more reply options button you'll see there's an uploader at the bottom, clicking that will allow you to choose a photo from your computer to upload and add to your post. 

post-2-0-93931700-1422459469_thumb.png

Once it's uploaded, you'll see an add to post link above the upload button, which you can click to place the photo into your post wherever the cursor is. 

Hope that helps :)

Paul

Posted

Hiya, can I comment & seek some reasoning behind why the following happens.

When stepping through the radar time sequence, you arrive at a point where the next four updates are projected.

I have noticed that on many occasions certainly yesterday AND today, when you step through the four future time steps, they take any precipitation on a different path to the historical mapping. Yesterday rain showers were coming in from the west up to the future time step, and it project this rain to suddenly change course & head northwards.

Again this morning, rain across the channel is heading SE, run the future time step and it suddenly changes to NE.

How are the future time steps produced?

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Lightning, Tornado, Hurricane, Heatwave

Hi,

I'm having issues Private Messaging other users on the forum. It says that the other user cannot send/receive messages. Just wondering if there is any other way I can contact them? Both are new users with 1 post each.

Thanks,

Mike.

Posted

Hi Mike

New members do not gain the ability to send or receive private messages until they have posted a handful of times.  This avoids previously experienced problems with spammers infiltrating innocent members' in-boxes.  The only solution is to view the member in question's profile.  If you hover over their photo or name, click view profile.  A screen will appear similar to your own:

https://forum.netweather.tv/user/11872-mikeofmacc/

The second black heading is 'contact information' and the member may have chosen to advertise a website they run or even show their email address here.  If that is not the case, then unfortunately you will have to wait until the member in question has posted some more on the forum.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I've got that problm again, which affects tablets. I'm using an 8.3" tablet and the modern skin renders it as the mobile site - which i find highly annoying!

You made a workaround on the old skin, so it renders the full site. If you managed that, how come the modern skin cannot be fixed to do it? This has knock-on effects too, when i go back to using my phone, i have the old netweather full size skin in place, so i have to change it back, to use the site properly. Then, when i'm back on the tablet, i have to change it all again- it goes on and on!

Ideally, i would love the modern skin to work on smaller tablets, both 16:9 and 4:3 aspect ratios.

If the above cannot be done, is there a way i can have multiple devices saving their own cookies so i don't have to have the same skin on all devices?

Cheers.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Outdoors

That's not one I can answer I'm afraid Mapantz, I'll forward it to the techies and see if they have any ideas.

Ian

Posted

That's not one I can answer I'm afraid Mapantz, I'll forward it to the techies and see if they have any ideas.

Ian

Thanks Ian! Much obliged. :)

Posted

A quick response for you Mapantz

The modern skin is responsive, so doesn't have a mobile version, it's basically designed to load which ever style best fits the screen size it's being displayed on.

We've checked on a couple of tablets and both show the standard desktop.  Mine is a 7" android version.

Can you let me know which tablet you are using please and what resolution it has (if you know), that might help narrow it down.  A lower res screen could be behind the problem.

Posted

A quick response for you Mapantz

The modern skin is responsive, so doesn't have a mobile version, it's basically designed to load which ever style best fits the screen size it's being displayed on.

We've checked on a couple of tablets and both show the standard desktop.  Mine is a 7" android version.

Can you let me know which tablet you are using please and what resolution it has (if you know), that might help narrow it down.  A lower res screen could be behind the problem.

It's the third tablet i've tried this on, and the same thing occurs. It's not the resolution that's causing the problem, it's the difference in aspect ratios that the site picks up on.

For example, the Acer iconia is 7.9" tablet with an aspect ratio of 4:3 (1024p x 768p) it renders the desktop site.

My LG G Pad 8.3" renders the site in the mobile version, that's down to the aspect ratio being 16:9 (1920p x 1200p) - I've also got a Tesco Hudl 2, that also has a resolution of 1920p x 1200p. Again, that uses a 16:9 aspect ratio.

Posted

That's odd as I have a Nexus 7 and a Fire HDX, both are widescreen, the Fire is the same resolution as yours 1920x1200 and both of them show the same layout, there isn't a mobile version as such, just dynamic scaling, so on a tablet the statuses go below the forum listings.  Otherwise it's pretty much the same look.

Posted

That's odd as I have a Nexus 7 and a Fire HDX, both are widescreen, the Fire is the same resolution as yours 1920x1200 and both of them show the same layout, there isn't a mobile version as such, just dynamic scaling, so on a tablet the statuses go below the forum listings. Otherwise it's pretty much the same look.

How does it look on yours?

post-15177-0-77828500-1424455147_thumb.p

Also, it doesn't fit the screen. There is a gap..

post-15177-0-82834000-1424455203_thumb.p

It centers itself on the screen but I have a scrollbar.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted

That's odd as I have a Nexus 7 and a Fire HDX, both are widescreen, the Fire is the same resolution as yours 1920x1200 and both of them show the same layout, there isn't a mobile version as such, just dynamic scaling, so on a tablet the statuses go below the forum listings.  Otherwise it's pretty much the same look.

It seems that both those devices are 16:10 (8:5), not 16:9

If they don't match my screenshot, then the problem lies with aspect ratios on smaller screens. The extra height on those devices (like 4:3) allows the full site to be rendered.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Good afternoon,

A simple question for you which might have been covered elsewhere. Apologies if it has. 

Until a few months ago i was able to see who liked users' posts, but I do not appear to be able to do so any more. All I am able to see now is the number of people who "like" a particular post and also able to add a "like" myself to someone else's post.

Am I doing something incorrect or has policy changed?

Many thanks

Kind Regards

Dave