Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

What have I done?

I can no longer see any details of user posts under their avatar.

Things like locale, prefs etc are all missing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, ice,Spanish plumes, thunderstorms, heat.

I notice the forum is often having to run in 'lite' mode due to traffic. Could anyone tell me what the record number of visitors is? I bet it'll get broken in the next week or so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

I notice the forum is often having to run in 'lite' mode due to traffic. Could anyone tell me what the record number of visitors is? I bet it'll get broken in the next week or so.

I believe the record stands at 2,552 (on the 8th Jan 2013) but I'm sure that will get smashed pretty soon !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather

I see lots of disgruntlement in the Winter Model Discussion thread about posts going off topic or asking questions about IMBY and I understand exactly the reason why people get cross with such posts. I also find it most distracting when trying to follow the discussions about any particular model output. However I do not believe telling members not to do this will have any impact whatsoever. In fact the history of the thread, whenever any snow threatens, confirms this to be the case. What these members need is education on where to find the answers themselves. So when someone asks when a certain model runs, will it snow in Bristol etc etc the published reply from the moderators needs to direct them to where they can find the answers themselves. I know that will create extra work for the moderators in the short term but it will reduce their work long term whilst at the same time educate all those members trying to understand where to find the informatation they desire.

Posted

Godders, we do tend to try and pm people where possible with just that sort of information, but obviously when it is busy it's not always possible. We do though post regular reminders and links to other relevant threads within the model thread. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather

I am trying to follow the model output and I use the model output times posted here http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/72242-model-output-update-times/.

However several of the mosels mentioned in the posts are not listed for example JMA, GEM, NOGAPS etc. Any chance of an update to the post above please.

Posted

I am trying to follow the model output and I use the model output times posted here http://forum.netweat...t-update-times/.

However several of the mosels mentioned in the posts are not listed for example JMA, GEM, NOGAPS etc. Any chance of an update to the post above please.

I'll see if I can dig them out and get them added!

Just wondering could wondering could anyone tweak my username?, it's that after using up my two attempts there's still an obvious error therePosted Image

Oops, have added the s for you :D

Posted

Is anyone else getting intermittent issues with the v6 radar? Quite often when I look at the radar I get the below:

post-1957-0-37804100-1358153802_thumb.pn

Sometimes zooming in will solve it or clicking back by one timeframe, but it seems especially bad this morning.

Posted

Can't say I've seen this happening or heard reports of it happening today but the pink squares show when the radar images don't load. We have a couple of servers specifically serving those images and they look ok at the moment, so don't think there's an issue there but I'll double check all is ok.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Old Fashioned Traditional Seasons

Probably not the place for this but couldn't find an alternative - on the NW radar, when using the 'air pressure' overlay the isobars seem to be

out of sync with present air pressure readings by about 4 millibars (i.e. I am in Hampshire where present reading is 1006.5 and it is showing 1011. Am I wrong?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Hi

I think Ive read somewhere that you can block members posts so you dont see them (but everyone else can).

Is this true, and if so, how do i do it, as there is a poster driving me mad in the regionals with their incessant negativity!

Please reply quickly before I have the will to live sapped out of me - lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: ALL WEATHER, NOT THE PETTY POLITICS OF MODS IN THIS SITE

Can anybody explain why whole sections of some threads and posts keep vannishing without explanation?

Its difficult enough trying to follow some threads in this site, but when what you have been reading vannishes the next day ...it makes the whole thing just pointless.

• Like 1

Posted

Can you be a bit more specific in terms of the thread you're talking about? If posts are missing then they've been deleted by the team or the original poster for one reason or another..

Posted

Hi, I keep getting booted from the site - it used to happen infrequently but at the moment it's happening every 5-10 minutes, it's almost as if the http service has stopped on the server.

This is shown in the error page below. It's happening on the forums and radar.

post-11211-0-41415500-1358522362_thumb.j

Posted

That's very weird, and looking at the image there, the Lighttpd bit is a server type which we're not using on either the homepage or the forum, so I'm thinking it may be something going a bit awry in your browser.

Perhaps an addon clashing somewhere so potentially worth switching any off you're running and/or clearing your browser cache, cookies etc.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms.

Should the save settings button be working on the V6 radar? Doesn't seem to do anything using Chrome, Version 24.0.1312.52 m

Posted

Not all settings are saved currently, but things like the scale type, nmm overlays, prec type and lightning overlay will save. They do rely on cookies to save, so if you're blocking those it will mean nothing saves :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms.

Oh ok, I only wanted to save the size of the map...don't look like that made the list though :-)

Posted

Not just yet, but we have some changes on the way which will enhance the saving and also changes the way the map sizes, which I think will probably solve that for you :)

• Like 1