Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

yep, had the same issues...the forum board looked like a throw back to the basic html style layouts from the 1990's!...a quick clearance of browser (firefox) cache and a reboot has done the trick

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Only just come back after being very unhappy for about 30 minutes. Fine earlier this evening so something broke somewhere.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I've put the new settings back in place this evening so please do shout if things go a bit nuts again..

Was off for around 10 minutes earlier, as AJ said yesterday

Posted

We've updated again to our new setup, by the looks of it the majority of isp's have now updated so all should be good + we've put a backstop in place to hopefully catch any stragglers, but please shout if you find the forums have gone weird.

Posted

Puzzled by this have you switched IP address's??

• Like 1

Posted

Yes, we're running through a new cdn to speed things up etc.

Can also confirm you're one of the few people who have yet to update - the nameserver change was made about 60 hours ago & was set to cache for a max of 24 hours so it seems your system/isp is using very old dns data.

Posted

Sites working fine using open dns on one pc and google on the other however

So googles returning 108.162.199.56 while open dns is returning 46.38.170.50 so which one is right???

Posted
108.162.199.56 is the new one, although we've set it up so the old one will continue to work so no great issues - opendns should update soon. Am quite surprised they're so behind though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Would any of the above have anything to do with me not being able to use the emotions functions whilst posting? They are enabled on my posting options. Or am I just thick and not doing something properly?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

I don't think it would be related - if you press ctrl+f5 when on the posting screen I imagine it should clear it.

Nae luck!.....?

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

It tended to create ructions with people not liking any negative points they got, which then spilled over into threads etc. Personally I quite liked the idea of them particularly as they did allow members to filter posts based on the points on them (pretty much as you describe), but the reality was they didn't work so well out and many on the community didn't enjoy their presence.

I see the negative points system has come and gone again.

Hopefully it is gone for ever!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Having trouble changing my profile photo. Everytime I upload a new one it just reverts to the old one. Refreshing doesn't solve. Anyone else having this issue?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Paul, why are 'warning points' showing up on the forum now? Is it really fair or necessary to single people out in this way for having a warning? A warning should be just that....a word in the ear of an individual if they have broken one rule or another- not spread about on peoples' profiles. I for one would not like this info on my profile please.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Paul, why are 'warning points' showing up on the forum now? Is it really fair or necessary to single people out in this way for having a warning? A warning should be just that....a word in the ear of an individual if they have broken one rule or another- not spread about on peoples' profiles. I for one would not like this info on my profile please.

Just as a note, you do know the warnings are not visible to anyone but yourself on your profile?

Posted

ahhhh I wasn't aware of that AWD......I just assumed, seeing as it was with the other info, that it would be visible. Ignore my other post in that case, Paul Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

ahhhh I wasn't aware of that AWD......I just assumed, seeing as it was with the other info, that it would be visible. Ignore my other post in that case, Paul Posted Image

I thought the same as you at first too mate, but after clicking on my profile then profiles of other members I found out that the warnings on my profile were only visible too me, which is a good thing! Lol.

Posted

Yep, your warn info is only visible to you and the team - for those who are ever warned or have action taken on their account for whatever reason it all goes through there.

• Like 1

Posted

Yep, your warn info is only visible to you and the team - for those who are ever warned or have action taken on their account for whatever reason it all goes through there.

Cheers Paul Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Choice of Original disappeared from the radar view types- happens to be the one I prefer. Thanks.

• Like 1

Posted

2nd'd on the original scale on the radar going missing. It's always my default and the only one I find has the right level of contrast as the other 2 are way too bright. Please can it be restored.