Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

Posted

morning Paul/team

There seem problems on anything but GFS on the basic page=no UK Met and no ECMWF-someone has just commented on this on the model thread(0807 time)?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Hi, I was experimenting with backgrounds on my profile, the first one worked ok but when I try to change it to another one it just goes back to the first, any ideas what's going on there?

Posted

It's a bug that's been reported James - the same as the problem with the photos. Pain in the bum :)

Posted

The bug with the photos should have been fixed now hopefully, the problem with the backgrounds was that our image server was caching them so I've set it to check to see if there's a newer version now & all should update ok - although it's worth waiting a couple of minutes and doing a ctrl+f5 to check when you do load a new background in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun

Would it be possible to have the 'New Content' button duplicated at the bottom of each thread ? It's only a minor niggle (and probably more a reflection of my lack of patience !), but I find having to scroll back up to the top of each page to access the 'New Content' button a bit of a bind.

Posted

Not sure how feasible that is unfortunately, but there is a return to top button at the bottom - it's a small shaded arrow in the centre just beneath the banner.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

That's fixed it, thanks guys :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wet and moist
  • Weather Preferences: Wet and moist

What is the little envelope symbol at the top of the site for? It's next to where my name is - wasn't there this morning but has now magically appeared.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

What is the little envelope symbol at the top of the site for? It's next to where my name is - wasn't there this morning but has now magically appeared.

Hi Richard, the little envelope is your personal message folder, you can send and receive private messages to and from other members here on Netweather.

To send a message click on a members profile and look for the send message button.

If you have any messages a little red box will show up above the envelope to tell you that you've got a message, and how many.

Hope this helps :)

Posted

a new fauly seems to have appeared this morning, see link below

almost every time I change from one thread to another, an annyoing loud nose/click and the picture as shown suggesting its blocking something?

any idea Paul?

post-847-0-20022500-1324110378_thumb.jpg

Posted

seems to have stopped of its own accord Paul, this site was not the only one, BBC etc and my ski links ok but both wetter and Wx Online did the same; not checked either of those recently-thanks anyway

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

It was okay up to about the last half hour when I returned since when its as you say pretty slow

ok again!

Edited by johnholmes

Posted

How do you display text and images in your post. I had no problem

before the new format of posting came out. If this has already been

covered before apologies.

I don't seem to be able to find the spell checker either or is there not

one anymore.

Thanks.

Posted

Click the more replies option at the bottom right of the text window in which you type your reply, then it should give you the options as before. The spell checker is, I think, a feature of your browser, not the forum? Mine certainly is.

The reply window also paginates your text for you...you don't have to press reply every few words!

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

If you're spell checker has stopped working I've noticed thta mine ceased to function on this pc when I upgraded to firefox 9.01. Sometime I'll fix.

I noticed the forum slow being unable to login for a while something to do with nwstatic I think. Took three attempts before the login box showed itself. Got in with IE9 but very slowly.

However I could get striaght into nwextra without any delays which raises another question. Why can't we have a single sign on???

Posted

The nwstatic bit on the forum shouldn't affect logging in as it's just the images etc which load through that. In terms of a single login - it's definitely on the to-do list for 2012.

Posted

At the moment the problem seems to have gone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Christmas countdown on the top of the page is broke.

It says 3000 days till xmas http://hw.nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.png

Posted

Just noticed the login username isn't case sensitive i haven't tried the same for the password perhaps security needs looking into as well.

Posted

The password is case sensitive, the username isn't by design as people tend to forget where they have used capitals in usernames.

• Like 1

Posted

The password is case sensitive, the username isn't by design as people tend to forget where they have used capitals in usernames.

Mmmm thought it would have been the other way down as you see your username everytime you post.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Hi,

When I click the 'go to post' button in a quote to see the original post, it seems to take me to a completely irrelevant page which is rather annoying.

Is this just me or is it happening to others too?

Edited by Backtrack