Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

Posted

tks for the suggestions Mark

The add ons has no link to what I need and I'm happier, most of the time, with IE?

I'll wait for the next visit (Tuesday) from the pc doc', as there are various things still not working since the motherboard was replaced.

Edited by johnholmes

Posted

Hiya John.. I use Foxit. Click the download on the left hand panel. When it installs it will ask if you want to install a toolbar. It's up to you as to installing that or not. just thought I'd point that bit out... http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/reader/

Posted

well I finally have the pc back !- heaven knows how much its going to cost in the end-its STILL not sorted, not able to copy/paste via pain-My Piccs, although it did briefly work while on the test bench it seems. Anyway have it until I hopefully go on holiday Sunday/Monday. Someone is going to be around so they can take it again early next week and re test each individual bits of programmes, software etc as it appears to be some kind of conflict between what they don't know!

And me that used to smile when people had pc problems-not any more.

Anyway off to see what the weather is doing.

ta for the suggestion Potty.

s'cuse any spelling errors

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

Afternoon,

It seems the ECMWF charts are down? Currently stuck on the outputs for the 18th and 19th of May.

Cheers

S

Posted

I posted about this yesterday-I have asked Karl to see if he can sort it-if not then it will have to wait for Paul to return

Posted

I posted about this yesterday-I have asked Karl to see if he can sort it-if not then it will have to wait for Paul to return

Thanks John,

Unfortunately they now seem to be showing nothing at all after 72 hrs.

Cheers

S

Posted

Hi all,

completely snowed under - have been looking at ecm but it's not an easy fix right now - will have to aim for tuesday...2 quite fundamental things have changed with it I'm afraid

ta

Karl

Posted

thanks, as always Karl, for all the work you put in behind the scenes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

I am having problems logging into net-weather extra.I have renewed my subscription to the radar in April have have been able to get on to it no problem.

But I tried logging on yesterday & it did not recognise my password. The thing is I think you have a very old E-mail address, or my work E-mail.

Basically unable t get onto Net-weather extra.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Hi Steve, I am in the USA at the moment so can't access anything here, but the best way to get it sorted is to email from the site and someone will pick it up and help you:

http://www.netweathe...n=contact;sess=

Thanks Paul,

Have E-mailed & waiting for response.

Hi Steve, I am in the USA at the moment so can't access anything here, but the best way to get it sorted is to email from the site and someone will pick it up and help you:

http://www.netweathe...n=contact;sess=

Thanks Paul

Have E-mailed & waiting for response

Posted

ecmwf is kind of fixed with smoe more data and higher resolution - have still to tidy up the images a little

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

GFS Charts are stuck on the 06z run.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Yep, NAE model is stuck too.

Posted

yep that happens to me about 1 time in every 12-15, usually when I've been on the site and am changing on the forum from one thread to another, click again and it usually is okay

Posted

Models (GFS and NMM) are now back on time, all the others were fine.

Not seeing any connectivity issues on the forum though, and none coming through on our availability reports - wondering if that may be an isp issue rather than anything server related at this end.

Posted

Thanks Paul, all is fine now. :)

Posted

Models (GFS and NMM) are now back on time, all the others were fine.

Not seeing any connectivity issues on the forum though, and none coming through on our availability reports - wondering if that may be an isp issue rather than anything server related at this end.

not a connectivity issue Paul-more an odd thing as I stated within Net Wx, not the main site the forum or rather switching from one thread to another in the forum-small issue though, not important.

Posted

Hi Team,

I have what may be a very silly question. I'm a full member of Netweather Extra, but when I go to the Skew-T charts, if I want to create a Skew-T for anytime in the future I get this

Grid Analysis and Display System (GrADS) Version 1.9b4 Copyright © 1988-2005 by Brian Doty and IGES Center for Ocean-Land-Atmosphere Studies (COLA) Institute for Global Environment and Society (IGES) GrADS comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY See file COPYRIGHT for more information Config: v1.9b4 32-bit little-endian readline sdf/xdf netcdf lats printim Issue 'q config' command for more information. GX Package Initialization: Size = 11 8.5 Running in Batch mode Drawing temperature sounding. Drawing dewpoint sounding. Non-numeric args to numeric operation Error occurred on line 1730 In file /drive2/data3/gfs.20100604/00/temp/skew0.24946365792221.gs Error occurred on line 1085 In file /drive2/data3/gfs.20100604/00/temp/skew0.24946365792221.gs Error occurred on line 6 In file /drive2/data3/gfs.20100604/00/temp/skew0.24946365792221.gs ga-> [EOF] No hardcopy metafile open GX package terminated SkewT for Norfolk

error

I can create one for T00 to T09, after that I see the error.

Silly Question time. Is it something I'm doing wrong?

Posted

GFS and NMM charts are stuck again at 00z. :)

Posted

Lots of data problems with the noaa today, we're manually doing what we can currently, hopefully gfs 6z will be in soon, followed by the nmm being run and finally the ensembles. Fingers crossed they will sort the server problem in time for the 12z

Posted

No problem Paul. Thanks for the update. :)