Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

Posted

1 - The team don't have time to read every post, they read what they can and deal with it as they see fit, with the number of posts currently the team is stretched and are doing the best they can. This is why we're reliant on members using the report button on posts that or o/t or breaking the guidelines, so using posts you could have reported as a stick to hit the team with is not on - it's a community and all members need to play a part in keeping thread on the straight and narrow.

2 - You may think your post was relevant but the moderator didn't and I've given the reasons why that would have been. If you wanted to discuss the models and look at the forecast from that perspective why not read the various analyses of that same period from the thread, even look at some charts yourself and give some input that way? The way you posted your question aside from the word 'models' there was virtually zero relevance to the models within it.

Your post was removed, you've been given a reason, you've reposted (I assume), not sure what more there is to add - the team do their best, they are human, there is always some interpretation involved as nothing is black and white and no-one in the team is going to remove your post for no reason or just to be spiteful, so with all this in mind I'm not sure how much more I can say.

Thanks Paul for your fair response. I didn't know about the 'report button' you mention in number 1, as I am fairly new here.

Thanks for all your hard work. :whistling:

Posted

Hi

i wanted to make a blog where i can put my forecasts, but i just get this If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm dry summers

Can anyone tell me why my avatar has disappeared from my posts when I am adding a reply, it has been a football crest for ages now but when I look in my personal stuff it shows an old avatar.

Thanks SS2

Posted

Have let Paul know RRR - data issues no doubt :shok:

Can anyone tell me why my avatar has disappeared from my posts when I am adding a reply, it has been a football crest for ages now but when I look in my personal stuff it shows an old avatar.

Thanks SS2

Weird - you tried uploading it again?

Posted

Have let Paul know RRR - data issues no doubt :drinks:

Weird - you tried uploading it again?

Will try and upload it again, don't know what I've done with it, thanks for the reply.

SS2

Posted

Will try and upload it again, don't know what I've done with it, thanks for the reply.

SS2

Uploaded it again and it seems to be there.

Thanks again.

SS2

It sems to have appeared in the posts that had it missing, weird indeed.

Edited by sandstorm2

Posted

If you've linked your facebook account to the forum and have set it to share avatar images then it will occasionally go and grab the facebook one to use, so if you don't have one set on facebook it'll just delete it..

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

How do you block seeing peoples posts. I have done it before but can't seem to do it now, looked everywhere to see the option to not view certain members post but can't find it?

Posted

Manage Ignored Users

Here you can manage your Ignored users in the drop down menu top right by your member name. You can choose to ignore all posts from a member, block them from sending you personal messages, or both.

To add a member to your Ignored list, type their name into the "Member's Name" box. As you type, suggestions will appear below the box. When you see the name of the member you want to add, click on it. Then select either or both of the checkboxes below. Selecting "Ignore Personal Conversations" will mean they cannot send you messages and their messages in group conversations will be hidden, while "Ignore posts" will hide their posts in the forums. When you are ready, click Save Changes.

Some members, such as administrators, cannot be Ignored.

If you wish to stop ignoring a member, select "Remove" in the table, or to switch on or off the different types of ignoring, click the relevant link under the "Ignore Posts" or "Ignore Messages" columns

:whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Cheers Shuggs,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Can't seem to get the 06z 500s and 850s to load this morning for some reason. Is there a problem or have I got one?

Edit: All appears ok now thanks.

Edited by Blitzen

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Paul, I just noticed that you have registered 44 new forum members in the last 24 hours. Well done! Is this influx usual? With that kind of growth rate NW will going from strength to strength!

c

Posted

Silly question coming up but I am going to ask it anyway.

What does SLP stand for in relation to the charts? thanks in anticipation. :yahoo:

SS2

Posted

Sea Level Pressure :yahoo:

AH, would you believe that I knew that all along, but my brain was refusing to tell me!

Thats my excuse anyway, thanks for the answer Shuggee :whistling:

SS2

Edited by sandstorm2

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Is anyone else having trouble with the NMM where the map shows but no overlays like Precipitation etc.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Is anyone else having trouble with the NMM where the map shows but no overlays like Precipitation etc.

yep, same here Luke...either that or the NMM is having a bit of a wobble and thinks there's going to be no weather the next 36 hours!

Posted

Just a quick question. every time i log into Net weather after a 20-30 Min's viewing for some reason when i try to open another Internet explore session , my computer will not allow this....all i get is a little magnifying glass in the bottom left had corner..

Any help why this does this

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Hello,

I was just wondering if my sig is okay, or does it need re-sizing/removing?

Sorry if it's breaking forum rules, i'll gladly take it down if so. :)

Thanks,

BT.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Seems fine to me BT Posted Image

Thanks Paul. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

I just tried to change my profile photo from the blue sun image to a pic of me, but it still shows up as the blue sun? don't know whether other members can see any different?