Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

Posted

I don't think it's that - it's more likely to be the fact that you've linked your facebook account to netweather and have set it to retrieve the avatar from there, which will over-ride the avatar you have uploaded on here.

@RRR - yes the people viewing the thread display will return but when it's less busy!

Posted

cheers guy's.

1.First my animated version worked for a couple of day's then it vanished from my Avatar.

was uploaded via Laptop...

2.I uploaded a pic into Photo buckett like you say Paul and aftger a few day's it's vanished.

3. I downloaded a image of a guy in deep snow from the net,no problem's putting it into my Avatar, after a few day's vanished.

4.. I put another image of a gfs chart as my Avatar from my computer,no problem in Avatar for a few days.

Then YOU guessed it vanished!!!!

edit...I haVE just checked my laptop and yes my last pic was uploaded from there..

OK going to try again..

Will be the last image that vanished with the man in the snow..

edit image uploaded...size 60x90.

Lets see how long it take for this to vanish..

Paul...If its Facebook how do I stop this happening...

I suppose go into setting's and close the connection from Netweather to Face book..

If this is the cause

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Not sure is the simple answer! It's an extra query to the database everytime someone looks at a topic of a forum with the listings switched on, so when you have several hundred people in a thread at once it's a lot of queries.

We set the new server up quickly to get it running prior to the xmas break and obviously didn't want to risk any issues during this time, next week we'll be up to full speed staff wise again, will see the resource usage on the server and will be able to take decisions in terms of what we can add or what needs to be done to ensure we can cope with the traffic that is likely in the coming days and weeks!!

I'm having 2 problems with the forum,

No one can send me PM's anymore even though I have cleared out my PM box. Only team members seem to be able to send me PM's. Aslo one of my blogs gets a error when I click on it and everytime I upload images to my blog they don't work. Any ideas?

Thanks

Sean.

Posted

Blog problem should now be fixed.

Re your pm's what error are the people trying to pm you seeing? You haven't got them added in your ignore list have you?

Blog problem should now be fixed.

Re your pm's what error are the people trying to pm you seeing? You haven't got them added in your ignore list have you?

Thanks Paul the blog works now :drunk:

There seeing 'You cannot send a message to this member' and nope there not on my ignore list.

Posted

is the forum about to go down....Its slowly doing funny things again...

normaly does this when it crashes=goes off line..

edit...seems OK now ,was having tantrum's of sticky=ness

in loading..

NP with web,but with forum

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Cannot remove or change my current avatar. Any reason for this? It has finally gone now but when I try to upload a new one, the old one re-appears.

Edited by Blitzen

Posted

i had similar problem's to that a few time's.

Try deleting all cookie's...and check the size of new Avatar is the correct size allowed

works for me some times

Posted

Can all be done from here rrr:

http://forum.netweather.tv/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=members&area=ignoredusers

Biltzen, your avatar will cache in your browser so you'll need to press ctrl+f5 when uploading a new one or deleting an old one to see it change.

WM, I'm not sure what the issue may be, is it just one person having this problem pm'ing you?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Can all be done from here rrr:

Biltzen, your avatar will cache in your browser so you'll need to press ctrl+f5 when uploading a new one or deleting an old one to see it change.

Still no luck with this. When you say ctrl+f5 do you mean (+) or plus? Sorry, a bit of a novice.

Posted

Any chance some de-icer could be sprayed on to the GEFS Ensembles? Seems to have frozen on the 00z :pardon:

BTW - Nice to see the online record break again, and the new server just in time :whistling:

Posted

Yep, after years of not taking the plunge and adding chat we've decided to give it a spin. More news on how we'll be doing this etc shortly...

Yep, after years of not taking the plunge and adding chat we've decided to give it a spin. More news on how we'll be doing this etc shortly...

Cool http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

Posted

I'm curious to know why this following post was deemed worthy of deletion from the 'general model thread'?

I had to repost it in the Ireland thread. But I don't think it should have to be solely in the Ireland thread as it's pointing at a more general view in terms of the models and the onset of a possible mild attack from the south or southwest.

I want to know who deleted it. The moderation of the forum is inconsistent and questionable, considering lots of other posts of a similar nature are not removed.

Here was the 'offending' post:

Hi everyone,

The Irish forecasters are predicting that it will become somewhat milder in the south and east of Ireland next Monday. I'm just wondering what would be causing this and are the models supporting this theory?

This is their current outlook for Ireland:

On Friday night, occasional snow showers will persist in eastern coastal counties but the rest of the country will be dry with clear spells; severe or very severe ground frost will occur, along with widespread ice and some freezing fog patches. Eastern coastal counties will have further wintry showers during Saturday, many of them falling as snow inland from the Irish Sea. Other areas will be dry with sunny spells but extensive frost and ice will persist, together with local fog; winds will be light to moderate, northeasterly. Saturday night will see little change in wind or shower distribution but widespread severe or very severe ground frost will return; ice and freezing fog patches will be an ongoing problem. The overall northeasterly airflow will persist on Sunday, with fresher breezes near some exposed coasts; occasional light showers of a wintry nature will continue to affect eastern coastal counties and perhaps part of the north coast also. Some thawing of lying snow and ice may occur in eastern areas during the daytime but most places will remain bitterly cold and ice-bound. Wintry showers will persist overnight in eastern counties, with snow accumulating again in places; longer outbreaks of rain, sleet and perhaps snow will develop in coastal counties of the south also as freshening, easterly winds set in generally. This precipitation distribution will persist through Monday also, with areas other than the east and south staying mainly dry and bright. Despite a slight rise in temperatures, it will feel still feel bitterly cold in the fresh, easterly wind.

Edited by fear sneachta

Posted

Because it's considerably more media/will it snow related than it is model related. Effectively if we allow that sort of post to be made in there we'd have to allow any post along the lines of 'Do the models show it will snow in x', or 'The bbc forecast is showing rain, what do the models show'. Yeh they both have the word models within them but the whole basis of the post is unrelated, which is why they're best in regional, general chat or media threads.

Posted

Because it's considerably more media/will it snow related than it is model related. Effectively if we allow that sort of post to be made in there we'd have to allow any post along the lines of 'Do the models show it will snow in x', or 'The bbc forecast is showing rain, what do the models show'. Yeh they both have the word models within them but the whole basis of the post is unrelated, which is why they're best in regional, general chat or media threads.

But it's completely inconsistent!

I can quote lots of other posts in that very same thread which have NOTHING to do with the models.

I could quote some here but don't wish to offend other posters concerned.

Just have a look at the last few pages even.

In the thread,

I wasn't asking whether it will snow in x or is the forecast right.

I was asking whether the models are showing a mild breakdown in other people's opinions. I think that was relevant.

Posted

Not all all, I went to move it but found one of my colleagues had already done so. Putting the word model into a 'will it snow in?' post does not necessarily make it model output related.

I wish we could show people 'behind the scenes' at the moment, it is extremely busy and Paul has done sterling work keeping this website topical, interesting, informative and running!

Posted

Have you ever stopped to wonder why this may be? The mods are, believe it or not, human and as such may not always be 100% consistent. They more than likely have a set of guidelines to follow and as such each individual will interpret those guidelines slightly differently from the next.

There is also the issue of the actual number of posts made. Simply put, not everything can be read as at times things move too fast. Hence, some things will slip under the radar.

Also, questioning this in public makes you seem petulant and whiny. It is poor form and the pm system better serves this purpose.

Well I'll use pm next time. Thanks.

I don't see any problem in putting this in public, personally. It's just a query at the end of the day. And it might help others if they were wondering the same thing. I wasn't quite sure who to pm about it and I wasn't going to bother Paul with this kind of minor query.

Not all all, I went to move it but found one of my colleagues had already done so. Putting the word model into a 'will it snow in?' post does not necessarily make it model output related.

I wish we could show people 'behind the scenes' at the moment, it is extremely busy and Paul has done sterling work keeping this website topical, interesting, informative and running!

Well, I put it in the Ireland thread myself but I know you would have moved it there. That's fine but I felt it had a wider general discussion merit. It is more relevant than some other posts I've seen in there. But anyway. Whatever.

And I know it's very busy and I don't doubt Paul's or anyone else's sterling work. Thanks for it, by the way. :whistling:

Edited by fear sneachta

Posted

I can quote lots of other posts in that very same thread which have NOTHING to do with the models.

I could quote some here but don't wish to offend other posters concerned.

Just have a look at the last few pages even.

In the thread,

I wasn't asking whether it will snow in x or is the forecast right.

I was asking whether the models are showing a mild breakdown in other people's opinions. I think that was relevant.

1 - The team don't have time to read every post, they read what they can and deal with it as they see fit, with the number of posts currently the team is stretched and are doing the best they can. This is why we're reliant on members using the report button on posts that or o/t or breaking the guidelines, so using posts you could have reported as a stick to hit the team with is not on - it's a community and all members need to play a part in keeping thread on the straight and narrow.

2 - You may think your post was relevant but the moderator didn't and I've given the reasons why that would have been. If you wanted to discuss the models and look at the forecast from that perspective why not read the various analyses of that same period from the thread, even look at some charts yourself and give some input that way? The way you posted your question aside from the word 'models' there was virtually zero relevance to the models within it.

Your post was removed, you've been given a reason, you've reposted (I assume), not sure what more there is to add - the team do their best, they are human, there is always some interpretation involved as nothing is black and white and no-one in the team is going to remove your post for no reason or just to be spiteful, so with all this in mind I'm not sure how much more I can say.