Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm dry summers

I can take a stab and say that due to the number of members being online at once, it saves space.

same as above

Thanks to everyone who answered, hadn't thought about saving space.

SS2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and dry

How do you block members? I'm sick of reading some of the drivel members post about downgrades!

Mods/Admin,

As above I dont see an ignore button anymore. It comes in very handy when model watching thread(s) are busy.

Cheers

Posted

Go into your profile - top right dark blue bit by your avatar/photo with the little white triangle pointing down. Click 'Manage ignored users'.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and dry

Go into your profile - top right dark blue bit by your avatar/photo with the little white triangle pointing down. Click 'Manage ignored users'.

Thank you kindly Shugee sir. I shall put that to good use over the next few days! Does this method replace the ignore button that used to be visable? From what I remember it used to be uder each persons avatar.

Cheers

Posted

Yeah it's the new board's only ignore system. Odd how they have redesigned it - but we get there in the end! I can't use it of course - have to read everything..... :):)

Posted

Yeah it's the new board's only ignore system. Odd how they have redesigned it - but we get there in the end! I can't use it of course - have to read everything..... Posted ImagePosted Image

Argh, that's a shame! Could do with it being on each thread for each user...there's like 100 users I want to ignore, lol

Poor you having to read them all! Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Edit: Ignore, radar is fine now http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

Edited by nick2702

Posted

Hi

Probably a really stupid question but how do i include the 'add as a friend' and 'pm this member' icons on my profile? I have tried altering a few things in settings, so far to no avail.

Posted

I can see them winterman they are under your name on the left :doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

My Net Weather radar only updates every 15-20mins. When it does, it's always behind by the amount of time it took it to update. Is it meant to do this? http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

My Net Weather radar only updates every 15-20mins. When it does, it's always behind by the amount of time it took it to update. Is it meant to do this? Posted Image

I'm having a similar problem too at the moment.

Posted

Do you have the euro view selected? That updates every 15 minutes..

The UK view updates every 5 minutes and is usually updated at a range of 6-10 minutes after the timeslot - eg as I type at 8.09 it just updated to the 8.00 image. Looking at the logs it's been consistently within that range over the last 24 hours.

Posted

Do you have the euro view selected? That updates every 15 minutes..

The UK view updates every 5 minutes and is usually updated at a range of 6-10 minutes after the timeslot - eg as I type at 8.09 it just updated to the 8.00 image. Looking at the logs it's been consistently within that range over the last 24 hours.

Nope, Euro radar isn't selected.

Take a look at my screenshot.

11:15 and hasnt budged from the 11:00 radar.

Even now it's 11:17am and it hasnt updated!

post-8895-12613939792513_thumb.jpg

Edited by Backtrack

Posted

The data for the 11:05 slot came in at 11:12, the images for it were created at 11:15 (a little while longer than usual as the ensembles were just completing on the same server which can push the load up) so the viewer would have updated to that shortly after that point, eg 11:15/16 or thereabouts, so bearing in mind the screen is set to auto refresh every 30 seconds or so, you'd have seen the image update on the next refresh, so approx 11/12 minutes behind the actual time of the image.

Although a little more out of date than usual (ave is 7-10 mins), it's still within normal bounds in terms of the data updates etc. Discrepancies will occur because the data doesn't come in at set intervals - it can be 6 minutes after the time slot, occasionally it can be 10-12 minutes after the timeslot (although this is rare). Looking at the 12:00 update - it came in at 12:08 and my viewer just updated at 12:09 - so all working as fast as is possible.

Posted

The data for the 11:05 slot came in at 11:12, the images for it were created at 11:15 (a little while longer than usual as the ensembles were just completing on the same server which can push the load up) so the viewer would have updated to that shortly after that point, eg 11:15/16 or thereabouts, so bearing in mind the screen is set to auto refresh every 30 seconds or so, you'd have seen the image update on the next refresh, so approx 11/12 minutes behind the actual time of the image.

Although a little more out of date than usual (ave is 7-10 mins), it's still within normal bounds in terms of the data updates etc. Discrepancies will occur because the data doesn't come in at set intervals - it can be 6 minutes after the time slot, occasionally it can be 10-12 minutes after the timeslot (although this is rare). Looking at the 12:00 update - it came in at 12:08 and my viewer just updated at 12:09 - so all working as fast as is possible.

Okay,

Thanks Paul.

Posted

slight netweather extra moan.

was looking at 48 hr ahead and in detail forecast for my area HS1.

to check to see if the frost was going to be very bad, it showed 4oC for 6am and 7am. this was at 10pm last night.

6am this morning I went out completely frozen and -5oC. that's a good 9oC out.

even in town it was -2oC.

how can it be so out under 8 hrs out?

Edited by cookie

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Hi Paul,Karl or any of the NetWeather team,I have a problem with my Avatar which keep's vanishing.

I upload a new one to my Profile without any problem's,but within 24 or 48 hrs it vanishe's...

I have now put up at least 5 different image's which,and all have vanished!

Over 3-4 week's

any idea what's causing the problem?

and how it can be fixed.

cheers

Pat

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Hi Pat, as a mod I'm not involved in the technical side of things but why dont you try an image that isn't animated? It may be that it just takes to long to load and therefore doesn't show. As i say, just a possible idea.