Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Good idea, simple yet useful addition!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

oops, broke it while I was doing something else this pm - re-running the imaging now so it should sort itself out within 20 mins or so.

Cheers mate.

Posted

oops, broke it while I was doing something else this pm - re-running the imaging now so it should sort itself out within 20 mins or so.

Dare I ask? We're you re-alinging the UK to a more preferable position for the winter period Paul?

Posted

Problem is, personally I'd prefer to move it somewhere nearer to the med - not sure if that would go down too well with a lot of our members though!

Posted

Problem is, personally I'd prefer to move it somewhere nearer to the med - not sure if that would go down too well with a lot of our members though!

:shok: Public flogging at dawn :shok:

Although to be fair, with the med, at least you get the heat in the summer, and still end up with more snow than here in the winter!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Don't know where to ask this but, I might be getting a subscription to NW, I think the lite option might be the likely option. I was wondering what exactly do you get with each package? on the lite option it says key weather charts but what are those key weather charts?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Don't know where to ask this but, I might be getting a subscription to NW, I think the lite option might be the likely option. I was wondering what exactly do you get with each package? on the lite option it says key weather charts but what are those key weather charts?

you get the key GFS charts (with 4 charts for each time index) NW radar, and the NMM hi-res charts (again with the ability to run 4 charts for each time index)

Posted

Yep, in short you get the key charts from the gfs and the hi-res nmm, all the radar features, the strikestar lightning detector and all of the forecasts (including the long range weekly updates).

More info is available here:

https://www.netweather.tv/secure/cgi-bin/login.pl

If you scroll down to the faq's the bottom one gives you a full list of the features available. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Is it just my computer or is it the NW Charts wont show again? :rofl:

EDIT: Its fine again now.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Don't know myself James, but will get one of those in the know to help you out :)

you get the key GFS charts (with 4 charts for each time index) NW radar, and the NMM hi-res charts (again with the ability to run 4 charts for each time index)

Yep, in short you get the key charts from the gfs and the hi-res nmm, all the radar features, the strikestar lightning detector and all of the forecasts (including the long range weekly updates).

More info is available here:

https://www.netweath...gi-bin/login.pl

If you scroll down to the faq's the bottom one gives you a full list of the features available. :)

Thanks guys http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif, I didn't see that list at the bottom there.

Posted

i'm sorry but i'm finding this site so painfully slow now that i'm wondering whether to give up. it cant be my internet stick because all other sites i use, eg thebbc site, are all fine. the forum area is especially slow. even posting this meagre post has taken ages. very very frustrating.

Posted

Hi David, did you try the solutions I posted in reply to you the other week?

http://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/56167-new-site-slow-and-sticky/page__view__findpost__p__1591302

There's no reason for it to be running slowly, the servers are running fine etc etc, so it's likely to be something local to you.

This could be on your pc, which the post linked above may solve, or it may be the route between your internet provider and our datacentre, to diagnose whether it's the latter I'd need you to do a traceroute for us with one tracing into google.co.uk and another tracing into netweather.tv and copy the results up here. Instructions on how to do this on a mac can be found here:

http://www.hosting.com/support/info/tracert/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
Posted

Oops, sorry about that.

Looks like there were some data problems for a couple of days, have updated our system to jump past them and it should update soon.