Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

Posted

Hi Aj, the snow depth is in CM, but bear in mind the figure is experimental at the moment. The tick is our determination as to whether snow is likely to fall in that time slot or not and the ht figure is the likely height above sea level (metres) that the snow is expected to fall to - if it is going to fall that is.

Hope that helps!

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Hi Aj, the snow depth is in CM, but bear in mind the figure is experimental at the moment. The tick is our determination as to whether snow is likely to fall in that time slot or not and the ht figure is the likely height above sea level (metres) that the snow is expected to fall to - if it is going to fall that is.

Hope that helps!

Paul

Thanks mate......it was the depth and the 'ht' that were giving me grief, I was interpreting them as meaning the same thing ie snowdepth and height of snowdepth and thus they looked contridictory!...... http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

Cheers for clearing that up for me!

(Now that I know its cm's depth as well, I am now gobsmacked as I'm forecasted 20cm of snow with the 06z GFS data!! http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif )

Posted

Sorry i don't mean to sound rude but it's getting really annoying with the IP problems now when will these be sorted as its happening often and stopping me from using Net Weather :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I thought it was just happening to me because when I get back online nobody mentions it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

To be honest for a site of this size and complexity ( well, it seems that way to me anyway ) I think it runs remarkably smoothly. It's a bit disconcerting if you try to log in and get strange error messages, particularly if you know next to nothing about computers, but I accept it in the same way that I accept that occasionally I'll get a power cut, or a break in my internet connection, or a water leak.

Posted
  • Location: Carnoustie Angus Scotland. (week days) Dundee (weekends)
  • Location: Carnoustie Angus Scotland. (week days) Dundee (weekends)

While it is annoying, net weather have been great. You just have to be a little patient sometimes, your not offline for very long.

mandy x

Sorry i don't mean to sound rude but it's getting really annoying with the IP problems now when will these be sorted as its happening often and stopping me from using Net Weather :cray:

To be fair, we are having the busiest time ever on here, which causes a lot of extra strain, of course the problems are frustrating, but please try to bear with us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

It's not just my computer that is why it takes so long to load and refresh then!

Posted

To be honest, Net-Weather is a reasonably large site, but compare it to some other sites/forums on the net and it is relatively small in comparison. If Net-Weather was a totally free site and had no main source of revenue I could understand why the servers would struggle, as the finanace would perhaps not be there to upgrade to server setup. However, with them having a premium service one would have to assume the money is there to spend on a good setup which is more than capable of handling the load.

That said though, I have been experiancing issues such as driver errors, etc. When the site has been up, it has been loading quicly which suggests the server is capable... perhaps the configuration needs tweaking.

Posted

Yeah, sorry about the inconvenience everyone. As Jack says, it's a very busy time.

Paul and Karl are constantly working hard in the backround, so that you can

continue to enjoy the forum, with as little interuption as possible.

I believe these little niggles are necessary, so that the site doesn't go down

completely, which would be much worse. :D

Posted

I have had zero problems as well?

If you do have issues like this why not PM a moderator rather than posting a dud thread.

Because it is clearly affecting a lot of members, Maybe you aren't a regular member who arrives on here. And it can get annoying the only reason I'm posting it is to bring the problem to light as its happening more often.

Posted

Because it is clearly affecting a lot of members, Maybe you aren't a regular member who arrives on here. And it can get annoying the only reason I'm posting it is to bring the problem to light as its happening more often.

im on morning noon and night,

yet I've had no problems at all its been perfect and think you're expecting to much mate.l

Posted

ok... what happened....

a bug in the forum software caused a complete server overload which left the server requiring a hard reboot.

as it was hammering the database at the time the database experienced some minor but very difficult to trace corruptions and did not want to stay up.

The database needed to be brought down from time to time for repairs and additional configuration.

It actually went down when we were quieter than we have been which is why it's not a capacity related problem just annoying timing.

sorry about that but here we've been on this at nights and weekends trying to get the smoothness that we have experienced for years back. unfortunately this does require occasional service restarts

Posted

ta - catching it up now

Thanks and well done again chaps! Speedy as ever. :D

Edit : Is this the help, support and feedback forum or the backseat moderating forum? :p

Edited by Goatherd

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Hi there guys, is there anyway i could change my username "Marcus_surfer" to something else...or isnt this possible?

Posted

Hi there guys, is there anyway i could change my username "Marcus_surfer" to something else...or isnt this possible?

Hi Marcus,

Yes, pm admin with your new name, and they will change it for you. Alternatively, you can

pm any other team member, who will gladly pass your message on for you

Brian :)

Posted

still getting 8th and 9th march 2008 charts on the UKMO fax tab after selecting "Charts from wetterzentrale" +108 and 132hrs

very confusing :(

• 2 months later...