Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

Posted

I dont know if its just my connection or not, but the board seems really sluggish today. I also cant seem to quote people and a lot of the buttons arent working.

Posted

Just kicking it now, should be updated within about 40 mins.

It still seems stuck on Saturday's 12z.

Posted

Not sure this belongs here but its bugging me! The advertisement for mobile updates on the top right advertisement on the homepage has "received" spelled incorrectly.

Sorry to be pedantic, but thought you should know http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif

Posted

I think the summer thread needs to to autuem

Errm, it's still summer though!!

I dont know if its just my connection or not, but the board seems really sluggish today. I also cant seem to quote people and a lot of the buttons arent working.

No issues with the server, so I think it's something at your end. Have you tried clearing your browser cache/cookies? Also are you running any internet security which could be interfering with the page loading - I know Kaspersky has been known to cause issues.

It still seems stuck on Saturday's 12z.

We're working on it at the moment, hopefully the 06z will run properly.

Not sure this belongs here but its bugging me! The advertisement for mobile updates on the top right advertisement on the homepage has "received" spelled incorrectly.

Sorry to be pedantic, but thought you should know http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons//dry.gif

Lol, thanks - have removed them for now!

Posted

Bizarre.. the GEFS is stuck again. It seems to consistently get stuck at Saturday 12z every week.

Posted

Bizarre.. the GEFS is stuck again. It seems to consistently get stuck at Saturday 12z every week.

Paul forgets to wind it up.

Posted

Not sure what the problem is there, haven't had any other reports of it. Have you tried removing your temporary internet files and cookies?

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Hi Paul. Hi Karl.

Still having problems with starting new threads/new blog entries.

I can see the boxes, but they are grey, and i'm unable to write in them. I did switch back to the standard skin, and it allowed me to input data into the topic and sub topic box, but still nothing in terms of content.

I've tried what you suggested about a month back, and still have the same problem.

One thought...is it perhaps something to do with security settings on my laptop?

Posted

Hi Paul.

Just had a look, and the following was already checked:

Use JRE 1.5.0_06 for <applet> (Requires Restart)

Hi Paul.

Hi Paul.

Posted

To be honest Chris, I'm not sure, it's something peculiar just to your system and I don't really have any further ideas beyond what has been suggested already. If you're still using IE6 though, you really ought to upgrade to IE7 as it is seriously outdated now.

Posted

Thats a bugger. I cant even spam anymore ;)

Tried everything again that was originally suggested, and even checked security levels (Medium for internet, and low for trusted sites...will just check that one again).

Stoopid laptop :(

Re: IE6/7, havent got a clue which one i'm using, but needless to say, thanks to the unique way that my laptop is funded, it wont allow me to do it anyway http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy.gif

Posted

Unfortunately not. I've tried, but it says I need administrator privalages (previously I knew these details, but not where I am now).

Edit - Actually, i've just logged on to another forum that uses Invisage (or at least has the same style/format of forum), and I can start a new topic there http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

Anything to do with the advertising on here, perhaps being picked up and being rejected as a pop up or something similar (its not telling me theres a pop up though)?

Edited by ChrisL

Posted

No, it's not going to be linked into the ads, it's definitely something to do with your laptop not loading the javascript which shows the posting screen.

Posted

Would I also not get the same on the other website (or is Java not related to the format of the forums)?

Edit - Just done a quick test on the java website, and according to that, the JRE is operating correctly.

I do have Java 6, so not sure if that will make a difference?

Edited by ChrisL

Posted

It's not JRE that it uses, that's for Java, this is javascript. Different forums use different systems so I don't know what the forum you visited is using, but there are 1000's of people using this one and you're the only person reporting the issue which makes it pretty certain it's going to be something unique to your setup.

All I can advise is that you either get the administrator password or ask your systems admin to update all the components on your pc, taking you up to IE7 , making sure your anti-virus etc is running properly and that you don't have spyware/malware affecting it. I suspect that by doing all that you'll find that all will work a lot better.