Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

I maybe going mad http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif , however up until this morning I could return to a thread through the latest option and it would take me to the last post I read. Today both at home and at work it always takes me to the very first post of the thread.

I presume something is stored somewhere to remember this information.

Help

Chris

Posted

I maybe going mad http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif , however up until this morning I could return to a thread through the latest option and it would take me to the last post I read. Today both at home and at work it always takes me to the very first post of the thread.

I presume something is stored somewhere to remember this information.

Help

Chris

You got your cookies enabled Chris?

Posted

We've done an upgrade this morning but that system is still working, so I think the best bet is for you to remove cookies, do a hard refresh (ctrl+f5) and perhaps also mark all the posts as read (option at the bottom of the forum homepage), that should sort it.

Posted

where is the spell check i can never find it and people keep saying about my spelling so please could someone help

saint http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

When you reply to someone message you will see loads of icons above the message box. Try and spot the icon with ABC and a tick(its on the right hand side - you should see it) click that and i think you download it because when i click on it, it says its not detected and you should download it if you want to use it.

Paul or one of the mods probably can explain it better than me though.

Posted

Hi guys. I've completely lost usability of the forum. I always had a red/orange mark next to the threads so that I could go back to threads that I was interested in & read new posts. I know it was mentioned earlier & I deleted the cookies & marked all posts as read, as recommended, but it's still the same.

I'm probably doing something wrong.

Any help please?

Dave

Posted

Have you tried removing all cookies from your browser? New posts etc are working fine for me.

In fact, there was a bug in the latest release which was reported to be causing a problem similar to what you're describing intermittently, I've applied a patch which should sort it, so have another go at marking all posts as read and go from there. Hopefully it'll be ok, if not please let me know!

Posted

Looking at this, there is still a bug when you click the 'mark all posts as read' link at the bottom of the index page, which I'd hope we'll get a fix for next week.

It will mark a topic as read once you've been into it now though, and if you want to mark a whole forum as read you can do by clicking options at the top of that forum area and selecting 'mark forum as read'. I've checked this and it's definitely working.

Posted

Looking at this, there is still a bug when you click the 'mark all posts as read' link at the bottom of the index page, which I'd hope we'll get a fix for next week.

It will mark a topic as read once you've been into it now though, and if you want to mark a whole forum as read you can do by clicking options at the top of that forum area and selecting 'mark forum as read'. I've checked this and it's definitely working.

Thanks Paul. The little orange boxes seem to be back now so hopefully it's sorted.

thanks again

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

HI I'm not a whiz on computers realy..so can anyone tell me how to put a link on my signature for my gallery....Ive tried insert speacial topic link ect...but it still doesn't work...what am I doing wrong...thanks http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

Also is netweather not working properly as my comp is struggling with it

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Netweather is working fine, so it's something at your end I'm afraid.

Not sure what you mean by insert a special topic link, but the code you need to use is:

[url=http://www.thewebaddress.com]The text you want people to see[/url]

Posted

Netweather is working fine, so it's something at your end I'm afraid.

Not sure what you mean by insert a special topic link, but the code you need to use is:

[url=http://www.thewebaddress.com]The text you want people to see[/url]
cheers Paul I sorted out the netweather problem..........Thanks will try link cheers

Posted

Hi Paul sorry to be a pain...I mean you have a click me thing on you r signature that leads to another topic...I need a click thing that leads to my gallery...

thx

Posted

I'd imagine if there is to be a xmas special skin this year - it will become available near xmas!

That gold and green is horrible. Makes me queezy ;);)

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

Most users ever online was 1,070 on 17 Oct 2007, 07:17 PM

Did we have another DOS attack or was there a rumour that OON was going to buy a round of drinks for everyone?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

I have been having some trouble getting Netweather on my phone last week.

I was on holiday in Scotland and I was trying to get onto the radar but it just wouldn't work.

Quite often I used to get the radar up on my phone but now it just won't work.

It was saying things like page is too big to open, this page cannot be translated and unable to display.

I'm not sure if somethings changed with the site or at my end but it's certainly not working like it used to.

Had to use the crappy Meto radar :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Most of the time I wasn't getting far enough to select the radar, I could sometimes sign in but then it wouldn't display the Extra home page.

The one time I got through to the Extra homepage I selected the standard radar which used to work on my phone.

If I get to the Extra homepage again I will bookmark it, then I might have a better chance of seeing the radar.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

all threads seem to be giving me just a list of names instead of the actual post, it used to (up until today) give me the post rather than having to click on everyones name one by one, to read post