Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

Posted

does any know if Google.com/Inktomi spider are realy people or are they bots..spider web crawlers...Its just I never see them say anything..It may sound silly

but just curios

Posted

2 questions

Why isnt this topic pinned?

When i read a topic and go back to view new posts it hasnt marked them as read what's the problem??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

2 questions

Why isnt this topic pinned?

Well it's so active it probably doesn't need to be pinned! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Hiya, I remember reading somewhere on the forum a long list which gave a brief description of annual weather - cold spring, dry summer kind of details - it covered a long period back to the 1800's I think; any idea where I can find it again?

Posted

Netweather wont allow me to post jpegs over 2mb...So how can I shrink my pics without losing quality.When I convert them in to gif images the quality becomes very bad. Any ideas anyone? So can upload them

Posted

Better to re-size them and save them as a Jpeg. There is a link to free software in the photo competition topics that does this :(

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

the datacentre coming up with this when I click on it

An Error Has Occurred: Please try the refresh button or the back button on your browser and try again.

The error has been logged and will be investigated.

sql: -- Untrapped Error:

unable to load charts.dat at subs/charts.pl line 4.

Posted

hi sorry not sure where to post this....here goes...got problems with my broadband...It cuts off regular and take quite a few attemps to reconect.

Its SKY broadband.When I get a cut off It says its got problems with DNS...not sure if any one else is getting the same problem..or how to solve it

Posted

Had the same problem it took 2 days to get it fixed but i think you have to reset your broadband box but i dont know if it will be the same for your box.

Posted

Had the same problem it took 2 days to get it fixed but i think you have to reset your broadband box but i dont know if it will be the same for your box.

thanks but I reset my box at least 10 times a day for the last 4 months..doing my head in

thanks anyway/.....Paul thanks I will give it a go...wish I stayed on cable

Edited by dogs32

Posted

I'd recommend using these for your dns, should solve it:

http://www.opendns.com/

Instructions are on there on how to change your settings.

thanks one billion.....yesssssssss...after many months of shear frustration...looks to be working...connects to the internet straight away cheers paul buy you a drink one day http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif ...I cant beleive it everything loads in straight away Edited by dogs32

Posted

so far its been fine and the pages load in much faster..I think its been 6 months Ive struggled with this not 4.....Ive nearly smashed my modem up in frustration a few times.....the relief.....if is working by tom night its fixed....you would think sky would of told the customers as I know a few other people with the same problem

Posted
;) ...as anyone else having problems with netweather loading...or is it my dns playing up again..or anyone having problems with sky broadband...I might reformat my comp but need to be sure its my comp not connection.....The dns was working fine but things seem to be going down hill...i wish I never bothered with the internet..if anyone as problems with sky can you pm me thanks...the problem is Im on a contract with them so i cant go back to cable..just yet Edited by dogs32

Posted

Probably Sky, no issues with the server here.

thanks Paul......just checking as the new DNS was working fine....then it started to happen again..this time worse than ever..but now it is perfect.must of been a blip..I hope..or my modem going in the bin...thanks Paul anyway most of the time the new DNS as been good

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

Hi Saint, I think it was 1867 :) Seriously though, it would be interesting to see when when NW started and who got the ball rolling. :)