Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/wintry Precipitation Reports: 05th March

PB22

Posted

If you receive hail, sleet, snow or something along those lines today, then please report it here.

Thanks.

Guest Sir Seany

I must add on from what i said on yyesterdays thread. The snow has stopped now, but the shower has left a large snow trail all the way from Cumbria down towards the Gloucester/Swindon area where the shower is now. It drove its way right down the Cheshire Gap. My parents went to Tamworth for the evening which is about 10 miles east, there was no snow in the Tamworth area, and they say they hit the snowtrail aroudn the Brownhills area of the A5, which is around 5 miles away, so it has been very specific. ;)

I hope those snowshowers for today come into the midlands, i dont know about it settling but it sure looks to be an interesting day nonetheless!

Posted

Further snow showers during the night have continued to add to the existing cover, with a depth of 4cm out there this morning.

Posted

In Ipswich,near centre currently. Moderate snow falling. Had heavy snow a time about 2am. This led to a shallow but fresh cover. Most surfaces remained covered although some melting on pavements did occur late in the night as it appeared to get slightly less cold. ;)

Posted

Amazing suprise here, after being forecast rain/sleet showers overnight by almost everywhere I have woken up to a 3cm covering, the first significant covering since the last northerly which started this cold spell. Amazing that northerlies can deliver here on low ground with marginal temperatures yet an easterly cant!

On the bad note, ill be late for work now as none of the roads were gritted, guess they didnt expect it either ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Exciting weather!

'Where the hell did that come from!' - 2cm of snow on the ground!!!!!! The most this winter!!!! Everywhere covered!!!!!Really wasnt expecting that!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A few flakes of snow and some soft hail in the last half hour.

Snow cover here is below 50% for the first time in 12 days.

T.M

Posted

I think the extremity of the shower reported by Stratty came through here at some stage. The frosty surfaces were coated with speckled snowflakes at about 2 inch gaps ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, thunderstorms and sunny summer days.

heavy snow showers overnight has left a cm or 2 of lying snow here. just begining to thaw now..thats 14 days with snowfall on the trot now. fantastic!

Posted

Heavy snow shower here from 1am onwards. Now there is covering of about 3 cm but it is melting quite quickly as morning progresses.

Schnarff

xx

Posted

We had a dusting of snow overnight that actually settled on the roads! instead of just cars and rooftops as on previous occasions Makes it the snowiest morning of the year!!!

Now, if only we could get a proper covering of, say, 5mm! ;)

Posted

Had snow over night. Has been snowing since I awoke (at 7:30AM). Ranging from heavy to light. Had really really BIG flakes at one point. Bit worried about the football this evening, hope it isn't cancelled.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

There has been no snow today, but we had several snow showers on Thursday. (apologies for not posting on Thursday - GCSE revision, a dodgy lighting desk, very very busy week!!!)

Posted

Snow showers here throughout the morning, and snowing at the moment.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Just started Snowing now. Keeping the daily appearance of the white stuff up.

Posted

Woke up to a dusting this morning, was snowing at 4am when I went to get a drink downstairs.

Paul Sherman

13th Consecutive day of snow falling.

Posted

All the snow from yesterday melted away, but awoke to snow on the ground. and it has been snowing pretty much all morning, just stopped now.

probably about 5cm on the ground at the moment.

Posted

Moderate snow continues to fall here, but its not settling much as temperatures are a bit too high.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....

Just had a very minor sleet shower here. My new thermometer showing a temperature of 8.4 degrees. That can't be right can it ??!! (Bloody wants to be - just cost me £30 !!!)