Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/wintry Precipitation Reports: 24th February

PB22

Posted

Rain has now given way to snow, quite large flakes but ground very wet of course so not settling yet :rolleyes:

Posted
A real combination down in Hythe, Kent this afternoon. Started off early this morning flakes in the wind. Then that fine icy pellet drizzle, then light snow tiny flakes, and for the past two hours it can't make it's mind up. We've had a combination of moderate light sleet, light snow, heavier bursts with massive flakes, drizzly light rain, rain barely sleet, then back to snow again, light bursts, heavy bursts. Looking out for the GFS predicted precipitation through to this evening hopefully something may stick though I think this is the last of it for this cold spell. Pretty to watch though!.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The above post sums up how the precipitation is changing here too!

In the time it's taken to write that sentence it's gone from snow to rain :rolleyes:

Sadly the hills are white no longer :)

Still snowing here in Sheffield. Has been snowing non stop since 9pm last night. The snow is not currently settling on wet surfaces due to a slight thaw. But it continues to settle on the existing covering. At lower levels in the city centre and around the uni covering only remains on grass.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Another light sleety flurry in Lancaster at lunchtime, since then nothing but rain.

Posted

Well, every time I think it's stopped snowing it starts again. That's 20 hours non-stop now, though the thaw today has been surprising, especially at lower elevations. There are one or two bare patches in the field up here, but mainly where snow has blown off into drifts. it's still dry enough to be blowing a hoolie over the distant wall and contiuing to drift. I do, though, despair of ever seeing prolonged snow cover again.

Posted

A bit late.. so apologies..

Snow this morning at 8am... and last night.. (Borehamwood) :)

Cheers,

Current view on London - Euston Underpass = Rain..

Will report from home once I get back

Posted

Firstly the weather observed at Bournemouth Airport

One snow shower between 9 and 10 this morning

From two o'clock until now, light sleet

In central Bournemouth, however, no sleet that I have seen, light drizzle all day.

Edited by Evo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Exciting weather!

Snow all day, but not settling on anything. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Here in Walsall its been snowing all day but isn't settling because the snow from last night melted and has left everything wet! grrr :):)

Posted

was rain now turned back to snow.all lying snow has melted and it's wet :) And for people who say this is good for February,i remember us having some proper snow in MARCH '95 IIRC :)

Posted

Woke up this morning to a small layer which had fallen overnight. Only 2cms. Disappointed really.

On the way to work at 0600, it started snowing all along A2 to Faversham.

Only a light snow shower during the day, but mostly it was of rain, not even sleet.

Driving home, a heavy snow shower between Fav and Canterbury. Started to settle on A2.

Left home and drove to Dover, with several heavy shower both there and back, plus to see a good 3 or so inches that my girlfriend has text me all day, saying "Snowing again" Took loads of photos.

Now snowing again in Canterbury, lovely fluffy flakes. Settling on grass, roofs but not paths and roads as not intense enough.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Calm warm and sunny 😎

It snowed a lot in Chesterfield, 2 inches in our garden, but turned to rain this afternoon and now it's all melted. I went for a drive up into the Peak District and up on high ground I saw 4 foot drifts and roads unpassable. it was blizzard like up there with strong winds. Even so the temperature didn't seem that cold compared to say the blizzard of Jan 28 2004.

Posted

A mixture of rain, sleet and snow at times this morning.

Just recently, hail and snow showers have started up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

Woke up to some settled snow but nothing spectacular.It has been snowing nearly all day with sleet then rain :) .Currently snowing again maybe moreso when the sun sets hopefully bringing colder temps!