Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Looks like a return to the usual Atlantic driven rain fronts again later next week, but does look to warm up! So warm rain rather than cold rain!
  3. Been a good few days here, got out every day this week and my head is thankful for it. Just need to try and get off social media as it us bad for my brain Hoping for more sunshine, long happy sunny days lay ahead
  4. Shap at -0.1 already, another air frost. After a frost free first half to April, second half could end up quite frosty in Cumbria. Advise anyone potting tender plants etc to wait a while longer yet.
  5. Today
  6. damianslaw My guess is certainly looking better than it was a week or so ago!
  7. lassie23 they seem to be doing ok here, had a garden full of bees when it was sunny, it was nice, seen a few mummy bumble bees, but one of those dead in a web, nature is cruel sometimes.
  8. Evening all After a weekend of chilly HP for the south and east (much more pleasant further north and west), the downhill path next week looks pretty well set. The HP withdraws west into mid-Atlantic as a new trough sinks south into the North Sea creating a new shallow area of LP likely to bring some rain and cool conditions especially to eastern coastal areas. Later next week, that trough phases with the Atlantic trough to create a broad but still fairly shallow trough covering most of north western Europe including the British Isles. This spawns small areas of LP which consolidate into a more significant feature over the British Isles next weekend. The rainfall totals based on 12Z GFS OP look uninspiring - at least 30-50 mm over large parts of eastern England and into central southern England so a long way from dry and settled. It's possible the LP over the south later on will bring in air from a warmer source so a change of something a little warmer though in the more immediate, as I mentioned last evening, the risk of ground frost remains high especially over rural and sheltered areas.
  9. Polar Maritime Just seems to be heading back to background levels as it gets dark
  10. Fiery sunset tonight. Was a rainbow too but couldnt get a good shot if it.
  11. Another cold breezy day but at least the afternoon was sunny but wind still cold. Grass here showing purple tipping just cold stress at night. Currently7c
  12. Weird skies here again in North Worcestershire, 2nd time this week! VID-20240419-WA0004.mp4
  13. Local trudge. Salwick. More like the Norfolk Broads. Half decent when Sun broke.
  14. The morning was disappointing as the showers were fairly potent. The afternoon was lovely however, winds fell lighter and very sunny reaching 12.8c. Fields are now starting to look really good, plenty grass coming through. I passed a gritter working (Felt weird when the car was still reading 13c and I had the A/C on due to my car being a greenhouse) earlier so anticipating a frost.
  15. Metwatch by the sounds of things we could be rewarded with some serious warmth come summer
  16. A nice day forecast for tomorrow, but we shall see. A Crewe win in the big game v Wrexham would make it a really nice day. My neighbour is heading to N W Scotland on Sunday whilst we're heading to the East Coast. Guess who's happier?!
  17. Warmest day of the year so far here with it reaching 17.1°C but it didn't feel that warm in the breeze. Had a couple of showers this afternoon but otherwise it was mostly sunny.
  18. Sherry Not completely dry no- but next week is looking drier for this area at least- as this week that was supposed to be dry- has actually turned out rather wet.
  19. Getting really down now, no sign of any warmth at all. Wind today was sheer murder. Awful spring.
  20. Scorcher it don’t look particularly dry tbh, the only good thing would be with it being warmer and the sun stronger it should help evaporate some of it so things should dry out easier and quicker
  21. Scuba steve just walked in the living room as the Granada regional weather was on and wish I’d have turned the other way. Apparently Saturday looks to be the best day with plenty of sunshine but then she put in the disclaimer that the more eastern parts will keep the cloud Sunday is supposed to be a more cloudy day so whether my cloud is more cloudy than Saturdays cloud I’ll have to wait and see either way it looks like west is best and east is least so maybe I can make the short walk over the hill from East Lancashire into West Yorkshire and bask in their wall to wall sunshine
  22. Alderc 2.0 Believe it or not, I recorded 17.2C this afternoon, which is now the warmest it's got so far this year on my station. Pretty pathetic for two thirds of the way through April.
  1. Load more activity