Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I was actually going to say the same thing and that the CFS v2 six month outlook looks remarkably similar to last summer! I sometimes think the CFS v2 gets more stick than it deserves.
  3. Current signals are for well below average temperatures for the end of April - beginning of may. Significant rainfall about to arrive for all of us as low pressures will find their path blocked by high pressure to the east, persisting for days without moving much. What will follow during the first week of may is unclear, current signals point towards very cold air moving down as high pressure rises to our west. Some runs still showing high pressure returning to the UK, but that area of low pressure arriving this week will most likely keep us under its influence for a long time. Either pulling in new lows from the west or colder air from the north
  4. Yesterday
  5. Towel , what the devil would you want to bring a towel for, coals to Newcastle! Johnston's baby powder is a must. Graham leant me some of his it felt nice. oh and good to stop smelly feet.
  6. Stunning all day long. The sun was relentless and I managed to burn too. Cracking Easter BBQ in the garden.
  7. Remaining mild and calm with clear skies Temp 12.2c
  8. Sunny all day again in Torquay. I could see some high cloud and mist out in the channel by late afternoon. After a low of 11C it reached 21C by midday, 23C at 3pm, and a high of 26C between 4pm and 4:45pm. Its currently 13C at 11:30pm.
  9. Illegal rave in full flow again. It must be seriously loud to be able to hear it from here. It's about the same volume as when I was at a pub outside of camp bestival, that was half a mile away from the site. The rave is about 6 miles from me. I struggled to sleep as it was pumping until 6am. It's the sort of place I would have gone to, but my lifestyle change put pay to that. lol
  10. Nearly got to the magic 25 but not quite. 24.8C the max here - sunniest day of the spell by 0.2hrs too lol. Just beautiful.
  11. Barley and grass just jumping out of the ground today after yesterdays rain. Been busy power washing domestic paths while it is so warm. Currently a bit breezy and 16c so finally 24 hour growth.
  12. I have to say my 8.8C and 59mm guesses look quite promising right now. Plenty of time for them to go pear shaped!
  13. Dry, warm and sunny again. Maximum 22.7, minimum 6.3. Wind light E.
  14. That’s quite funny Lyn, 24.4c was my max yesterday and Friday but today nudged up to 24.6c . Probably not so warm tomorrow due to somewhat less sun and interesting mid-high level cloud drifting North.
  15. Gary Wilson beats Luca Brecel 10-9 after a marathon deciding frame
  16. Looking at tonight's Ecm 12z ensemble mean, yes it's going to turn much more unsettled and cooler later in the week ahead but there are hints that by day 10 the surface conditions will improve with weak heights close to the south and a generally slack pressure pattern, less troughy but still a risk of showers together with plenty of pleasant dry and sunny spells too..in the meantime, still 2 more days of summery very warm and sunny weather despite some increase in high cirrus cloud from the south and some saharan dust and even wednesday still looks warm and quite humid but midweek is the breakdown and for some it could be thundery.
  17. Luca Brecel & Gary Wilson are in the longest deciding frame in Crucible history 75 minutes and counting surpassing the black ball final of 85 A masterclass of safety play from Luca and Gary
  18. I'd have been with you taking pictures, jtay! I recall on a cruise in Scandinavia a few years ago, I was usually the only person not only watching the sunset, but taking photos too. We had some stunners and I couldn't understand why folk would prefer to be in a cinema/theatre/bar rather than up on deck watching the beauty of nature. Maxed out at 24.4°C here today, but as others have hinted, it actually felt warmer than yesterday.
  19. Category 1. 5.00 FAIRYHOUSE (Irish Grand National) SELECTION 1: JURY DUTY NAP SELECTION 2: BURROWS SAINT SELECTION 3: BELLOW MOME 3.35 SANDOWN PARK SELECTION 1: BRIAN BORANHA 40/1 SELECTION 2: MORNEY WING 25/1 "SPRING CLASSIC" DOUBLE 2,000 GUINEAS: Selection 1. - MOHAATHER 8/1 Selection 2. - LINE OF DUTY 14/1 1,000 GUINEAS: Selection 1. - JUST WONDERFUL 8/1 Selection 2. - SKITTER SCATTER 10/1 
  20. Hmm - signs of the Nino forcing putting up more of a fight than had been modelled by GFS and UKMO, but ECM having none of it until D10. That last one's developed a strange habit of depicting what I least want to see in the past few months - I've been frowning at ECM charts 9 times for every 1 time at a GFS or UKMO one! 2+ years ago it was often the other way around - how times have changed. What we see here is the retrograding trough tendency that forms part of the typical Nino-type response to falling AAM against a +AAM (i.e. Nino state) background. In the winter months we sometimes see this represented by -NAO patterns transitioning from east-based to west-based. The sequence this coming week is similar, but with the HLB focused further north than is typical of a -NAO setup. More room for Euro ridges from that - and this too is typical when there's a Nino background. ECM seems to be overriding this trough retrograde (and sluggish N. Atlantic westerlies) via the MJO P2-3 forcing. Yet it's MJO projection is at lower amplitude than GFS'. So I'm not sure how much the unfortunate outcome for the UK actually comes down to that. While the HLB development from the Pacific side is very likely to be MJO-related (with some help from the polar vortex having warmed-out), the greater westerly flow from the N. Atlantic across the UK may come down to model dynamics. Whether it's an erroneous bias, remains to be seen.
  21. This low could be quite intense, with more to follow
  22. Well the title looks like going all the way to last game and 3rd and 4th still anybodies with my lot arsenal and United all losing opening the door for Chelsea tomorrow night.I was surprised how well we played yesterday and thought we deserved a draw but amazed at Arsenal and a lesser extent United result-once again bookies would have had a great weekend but fair play to Palace as their away form has been much better than 5heir home form.With Everton you never know what you are going to get with them beating Arsenal Chelsea and United in recent weeks but losing to Fulham last week-strange season for them but maybe next year if they become more consistent they will threaten the top 6! Another round of big fixtures midweek with Manchester derby(will United fans be that upset losing as it means Liverpool will be back to 2nd?).Certainly been a great season and the top 2 have been truly amazing with 5heir points tally thus far!!
  1. Load more activity