All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. God knows but some of the posts in here(just like winter) make my blood boil sometimes we all cannot be an happy medium can we,too hot,too cold,too cloudy,too windy and can you do anything about it.....no all i can say is that enjoy this fine warm weather that we will be seing starting from sunday and into next week,from then on who knows as i won't be reading too much into that timeline as it's like picking the right lottery numbers,anyway..... lets have a look at some stuff the latest from the cpc 6-10 and 8-14 day 500mb anomoly charts show the the hp cell is over or to our north of the BI prob pulling in some cloud for eastern districts but i woudn't rule out a more SE'ly flow there pulling in some more dryer air from the continent and warmer uppers,i would like to say that there is no atlantic driven dribble on these charts so it is looking dry for the foreseeable future. a look at the de-built ens shows an uptick in temps and with an easterly or SE'ly based source of wind coming in off the continent could be quiet warm or very warm temps and wind direction(there is a cluster there for E/SE winds)from the 27th so there we have it,the warm/hot spell looks nailed on now,how long it will last who knows but whatever the weather don't let it get into your personal lives,enjoy
  3. WillinGlossop

Northwest England regional thread 3 /3 onwards

Cheers thank you very much appreciated a bit of a shock....
  4. nick sussex

World Cup 2018

I’m really enjoying this World Cup . To think the next one will be held in the winter . It’s just not the same and even worse that it’s being held in a country which has zero football history . Whatever peoples misgivings over recent Russian behaviour in footballing terms at least they have a true love of football . There’s been no trouble and the Russians have been very welcoming according to reports from England fans . I think it’s been a great success so far and am really looking forward to the rest of the tournament .
  5. lassie23

ROYAL ASCOT TIPPING COMPETITION

FRIDAY 22ND JUNE ASCOT 2.30 BYRON BAY 3.05 ELECTOR 3.40 INVINCIBLE ARMY 4.20 TEPPAL 5.00 QAZYNA 5.35 WALTON STREET INVINCIBLE ARMY NAP
  6. Snow free zone

Will I hope your mum makes a swift and full recovery. Best wishes to you all.
  7. WillinGlossop

Lovely sunset.... eight hours in the garden.... not warm or cold but when sun came out and digging hard ground felt warm.... hopefully some bright sun/ blue skies and proper summer weather for a week maybe two....all I’m hoping for... except.... on a more depressing note my mums been diagnosed with cancer but hopefully being caught very early with surgery and recovery the avid gardener she is she’ll be up here in July and coming to rhs tatton again...
  8. Off to bed after a weird weather day not hot but not cold stiff breeze this summer seems to be part time just comes out after tea before it goes down over the houses in front blahhhhh
  9. Good place to live. Lots of varied things to do (from social stuff to nature) and a good base from which to get to other places. Been to Brno a couple of times. Nice place, especially around the cathedral. Anyway, that was a good storm. It's gone from 32C at 4pm to 20C at 11pm. There was a 5C drop in one hour between 8 & 9pm. I'm hoping the outlook improves because it's currently below-average well into next week.
  10. Cloudy start to the morning with light showers of rain blowing through quickly on a brisk NW breeze. Dried up by lunchtime with the cloud disappearing as the day went on but the wind really picked up in the afternoon, very gusty and damaging (more leaves stripped from the surrounding trees). Clear skies now but still a brisk wind making things feel cool out there, max temp during day of 16C.
  11. Dry with near 100% sunshine. Maximum 19.7, minimum 11.1. Wind light NNW.
  12. JohnM33

Stormchaser Chicken George 21 June, Wyoming

Just figured it out, I think it was issue with my Java. Good luck over there and wish you get some photogenic tornadoes! (and internet signal so we can watch with you from Leeds, UK ;-))
  13. Another nice day here. This last week and a half since the "breakdown" has been much better than the end of May/start of June.
  14. and none of these were shown a good week ago... Great timing of this memorable spell.
  15. cloudy to start becoming sunny,breezy at times,max 17 deg,min 9 deg
  16. As I was watching these two a few yards away there was an adult with one very small chick and suddenly a Herring gull swooped for the chick but the parent went into a bit of a frenzy and fought it off. Quite impressive. Many do get predated by Herring gulls of course.
  17. Wildswimmer Pete

Could see my breath when bringing in the washing. Cold and not good for the Summer Solstice. We have more than enough cold for most of the year so I resent autumnal weather in late June.
  18. Andy Bown

Cricket - Summer Season 2015 and onwards

Another rollicking win today. Even though Australia scored a very good 310 England romped to victory with more than 5 overs to spare!
  19. JohnM33

Stormchaser Chicken George 21 June, Wyoming

Hi, is the GPS position below the live stream linked to where you stream from? Can't figure out where you are as it seems you are in west South Dakota, but you mentioned you'd go to Wyoming and storms seem to be forecast in Wyoming as well. Thanks, John
  20. Today
  21. Summer Sun

2018 Tennis Thread

Wimbledon will be broadcast in 4K HDR via the iPlayer for selected viewers Sky Q customers will be limited to the men's and ladies singles semi-final and final's only these matches will be delivered via satellite rather than the iPlayer HDR will not be available for Sky Q viewers The PlayStation 4 will also be available for this trial but it will be 4K only and won't broadcast in HDR (high dynamic range colour) The World Cup trial has seen very few blocked out even with the limited number of places on offer
  22. How do you like it there? Is it a permanent move? I’ve only been to Bratislava once but remember it being a nice city. Am moving to Prague initially, for a year. May go elsewhere afterwards, my parents are from Brno and I love it there.
  23. weirpig

World Cup 2018

Indeed although more apt would be looked bloated. Anyway can the Germans pull through hopefully not
  24. Well, for those of you wanting ridge dominated weather for a good 2 weeks the 500 mb anomaly charts show this well enough. For the 3rd day running, or is it 2(?), all 3 have ridge charts for the UK. Perhaps the best of the three is this evening from NOAA and their 8-14 carries this on. mo chart this evening but will post in the morning if I get time.
  25. Beautiful evolution of tonight's FIM9, brilliant weather for the UK, and when the high seems to be slipping away at the end, the next ridge off the Azores is well on the way at T240, enjoy: I think summer 2018 will prove to be one of the really memorable ones!
  26. anyone taken a look at the barometer recently i don't know how accurate mine is but a reading of 1039.5 mb is a fairly rear beast this last few years paul
  27. kent

World Cup 2018

The hand of God looking on from the stands looked gutted lol.
  1. Load more activity