All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Cafe chill out - aka Banter - The 2nd Edition

Don't you sit there looking all innocent Hemmykins!! My sincere apologies Cakie. Please forgive me for awakening the beast.
  3. I think you mean 13 weeks and 6 days, and 14 weeks and 3 days, respectively.
  4. Anyone want to give an amateur forecast for Reykjavik from 1st to 5th October using the models? Going there for a break. First in several years. I joined this forum to learn and have my own ideas how the weather in that period might pan out. I would be interested to hear from more experienced people's interpretation.
  5. I remember this spell quite well. I remember being out shopping in HâšĞmebase on the 23rd and the rain was absolutely pouring all day and evening with massive puddles and localised flooding on loads of the main roads. I also remember the sound of the rain on the corrugated roof being insanely loud. The 24th I don't remember any rain around so maybe it had cleared the SE but I could be wrong. I do remember it being overcast and I think quite breezy, though. Interesting spell of weather in what would of otherwise been a notably dry and anticyclonic September.
  6. Cafe chill out - aka Banter - The 2nd Edition

You see, woken up Hemmy
  7. Hurricane Maria

Looks like it might be finally starting to re-intensify properly. Some strong convection on the North side, and an eye is starting to reform unless that's just a momentary blip.
  8. Today
  9. Tide turns for sea turtles after decades of decline in western Pacific But https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/tide-finally-turning-for-sea-turtles-v27mn25tc
  10. When needs must Mushy, As the saying goes 'Where there's a will, There's a way'
  11. September 23rd The End?.

Pendulum used the Heaven's Gate example in their music video for 'Propane Nightmares' too
  12. September 23rd The End?.

Can anybody advise me - is it worth me starting the box set of Only Fools and Horses ? or should I leave it until tomorrow just in case?
  13. Lock screen

It seems my making an adjustment to the LockApp made no difference
  14. Im back.

there's nothing quite like bringing back old threads from the dead Hemmy......lol....well whoever 'pjl' was, he didn't last long, his account no longer exists! (he used to post in the model threads I think?)
  15. Hurricane Maria

This article feels to me, from a scientific perspective, as though it's strung together a bunch of flimsy frequency observations, and declared a trend without recourse to a solid P-value. Indeed, based on the actual science, a recent statement from the NHC said that while they expect increasing SSTs to increase mean hurricane intensity in the years to come, we can't actually say that that's happening just yet. That said... the lack of a solid P-value can be equally attributable to insufficient data, as much as it can be attributed to an incorrect observation. Framed in that context, this article makes for interesting reading, and may be worth bearing in mind...
  16. ... i ought to add.... i use my leaf blower to clear the grass of dew on mornings like this . a giant hair drier, lol.
  17. Had to scrape the car this morning (3 degrees, but ide had formed...) Gorgeous day for a day off - shame I'm still at work!
  18. Hurricane Maria

I wonder whether the models will adjust her further west. Already this morning the models bring her track closer to the eastern seaboard.
  19. Im back.

I'm glad he came back, i missed him.
  20. Maybe this will be the time when GEM gets it right and all the others get it wrong. Warm, dry and sunny all the way from GEM... Interesting that ECM sends the remnants of Maria north next week, allowing the high pressure to 'seal' over the top of the first low tracking southeast, and potentially returning us to drier weather again. ECM far outperformed the other models in forecasting the last few hurricanes during the Carribean / North American stage - anyone know if that trend (outperforming other models in the 5+ days range) continued as they decayed into tropical storms and moved North?
  21. September 23rd The End?.

So, tonight's the night, eh? I'll lose consciousness half-way through Nick Abbott's show...? What's new?
  22. Lock screen

You aren't forced to sign in after sleep, it will revert to that if power settings are defaulted for any reason. They moved the option to turn off that sign -in (after sleep) from power options to general settings / accounts / sign-in Options. I have annoying requirement to sign-in after reboot on laptop but not on desktop. This started on it's own after one of the updates, and every possible way to turn it off has failed.
  23. Days like this are a rarity not a cloud in the sky beautiful stuff.
  24. September 23rd The End?.

Well assuming the m74 hasn't been vaporised .
  25. September 23rd The End?.

Eat drink and be merry ,for tomorrow I'm off to Scotland
  1. Load more activity