Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Chilly last night! I don't know what the temperature fell too, but it felt nippy, to say the least. But we're rewarded with a glorious start to the day this morning, sunny, clear etc. Couldn't ask for more. Yesterday was reasonable for sun too, but I did get caught in some of those evening downpours, rather sharp showers! Off to Brussels for work next week and then on to Den Haag, always interesting to have a change of scene but I don't think that the weather is going to be significantly different to here.
  3. LetItSnow! history tells us these patterns hang around a while, with mid Atlantic blocking there’s nothing to promote height rises over Europe. Don’t be surprised to see a poor pattern until mid May if the euro trough set ins.
  4. MP-R We disagreed about this before. Before I said “Well down here most days ranged between 11C and 15C and while it was very dull and very wet, blossom, bushes and even some trees began to bloom early in the month and there was that spell on the 15th which saw temperatures in the mid-teens. Plus the CET was in the mid 8s up until like the 20th.”. If you have a zonal set up in March or November I don’t really think it feels that different, it’s just the mind that makes March feel better because you know you’re on the way to brighter days eventually whereas November you know you’ve got a long way to go. This country’s climate has the novel quality for every season to be able to feel like any other season extreme cases - 6C days in June, 21C days in February etc.
  5. I know where I'd like to be for the next week to ten days and that's as far west as possible, a week of cold north northeast winds and top temps of 10c along the east coast with low cloud and patch drizzle at times these sort of patterns can be hard to shift, I'm not jealous of those in the west at all, gets on the phone to his sister in east Ayrshire fancy a weeks visit from your bro
  6. Two very different feeling seasons but yes indeed, not winter like at all!
  7. Wondering if this is a brief hiccup in an overall warm period like the second half of September 2022 or whether there’s a fundamental pattern shift starting to take place. The parallels to 1998 and 2007 I’ve spoken about at length both featured these shifts. The shift occurred around this time in 1998 but started showing its signs in May in 2007. Both times it wasn’t a clean cut shift, May 1998 being very warm and dry and the first half of June 2007 being warm, though dull. Eventually though they broke the anomalously warm conditions into the summer. Wonder if this is a sign of that… Time will tell. MP-R To be fair, you can flip the word form spring like to autumn like however you wish. We can all agree one thing it wasn’t though: winter like!
  8. B87 Indeed… very few days were springlike in Feb at all. There were a few moments like the morning of the 15th and the following Tuesday was very pleasant but the rest of month was more like November!
  9. 0z sees a prominent Euro trough by Thursday the 25th which brings in a very cool north/northeasterly wind. This forms a meandering low pressure system centred over the south of the country by Saturday the 27th. In the extended range, pressure remains generally weak to our south with a cool E/NE flow. This is a marked change to the precocious spring so far across northern Europe. The 0z pans out quite similarly to the 18z so perhaps there is traction that unsettled weather may return to finish off the month. This pattern of low pressure overhead will usually bring sunshine and showers but a north-easterly flow, especially with warmer than average SST anomalies in the North Sea may aid with a lot of cloud development. A very dull, chilly and raw spell focused on southern and eastern England may be on the cards for the rest of the month. Combined with a very wet and dull half to the month, perhaps April 2024 is shaping up to be one of the wettest and dullest in quite a few years, particularly in the east. Of course the final outcome is yet to be resolved but with north-easterlies likely on the cards, I’ll highlight the remarkable variety of the synoptics this month: This month is reminding me of an April version of September 2022, running ridiculously warm then turning much colder.
  10. lmao how tf is it getting somehow even worse for later next week?! I think i need to log off for a bit and come back in June.
  11. *Stormforce~beka* I'm using brainspotting therapy. I thoroughly recommend it, and it's not available on the NHS. I'm certain it'll be the standard therapy in the future, because it's the most powerful, and leads to full recoveries with no caveats.
  12. ANYWEATHER Onyl a few days ago the weekend looked decent with high pressure slap bang over the uk and no easterly feed and temps in at least the mid teens. Once again though the promise of better conditions slips away, it really could be a very miserable week next week.
  13. UKV ,paints it grim for Sunday. Overcast ,patchy rain ,and temperatures of just 7c/45f . Sincerely hope it's wrong...
  14. 78/79 I would agree but by 9 or 10 o’clock we’ll be under a layer of infill…..
  15. Today
  16. Not at all worried about the temperature, it's just nice to wake up to blue sky, and sunshine.
  17. Scraping frost off the van in mid April....great
  18. Lovely and fresh this morning, you can't beat scraping the glinting frost off your car on a beautiful day like this..
  1. Load more activity