Problems logging in? ×
Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. A dry start to last night with broken cloud but cloud increased and thickened after midnight to bring a spell of moderate-heavy rain between about 0330 and 0600. Dry with a few brief glimpses of sunshine so far this morning. At 0900 Temp; 3.7c 24 hr max; 7.5c 24 hr min; 2.8c Grass min; 0.1c Rainfall in 24 hrs ending 0900; 9.4 mm Mean wind speed; 19 mph S 7 oktas St fractus, Cu and Sc Vis; more than 50 miles
  3. Snow overnight for Dartmoor, Exmoor and Welsh Mountains with a bit down to lower levels. Tuck of cold air from the northern Atlantic , with low "Nelson" named by AEMET Spanish Met Service.
  4. John88B I've been thinking / saying this for months. But here we still are lol.
  5. Penrith Snow yes it is “end of days” scenario lately ain’t it Let’s all chip in and live in the canaries and re establish there together as a community
  6. SunnyG Yeah, as much as it looks pretty, this is way, way too late in the year for snow to me. It's nearly April. Plus as soon as it melts it'll just be more moisture for the ground, which is not what we need after one of the wettest 12 months periods on record lol
  7. John88B Nature also allows major flooding, huricanes, tnunamis, etc so I wouldn't put too much faith in that if I were you.
  8. In Absence of True Seasons At least we are not in Wales where it snowed. Small mercies
  9. Wow what a night and morning!!!! Snow settling in plymouth for a time (gone now) and thick thick snow on the moor on the 28th March. To those who say it can't snow in March you are talking rubbish!!! It was perfect conditions a pivoting front cold air no wind. Started raining at 3c just watched the temperature continuously falling. At 2c some thick looking rain. At 1.5c wet snow. At 1c the biggest flakes I've ever seen. Temperature eventually fell to -0.3c. Amazing evaporative cooling event!
  10. Definitely nice to wake up to this morning. Still a lot of blue sky and sunshine about now. Despite feeling chilly feels like a proper Spring morning, which is good to see. A chance of some showers, possibly with hail and thunder later (which is at least at lot more exciting than grey, general, prolonged spell of rain or drizzle). Still be nice to see some proper settled warmer weather break out at some point. Make countryside walks become more of a joy so wouldn’t need to walk in lots of mud and puddles all the time. Just a shame the models look uninspiring at the moment for settled, warmer weather, bar perhaps the odd drier day or two, particularly later into the Easter weekend. Surely, the models would get to a point where they just couldn’t get any worse in terms of unsettled and Low Pressure dominated conditions (am looking at you, Northern blocking) that some better runs for less unsettled conditions would start showing up. Just some teases of High Pressure building strongly over Europe and into the UK would be nice, lol, that would then hope becomes a reality.
  11. Ah, another day of mostly rain. But colder rain today, yippee. Beautiful.
  12. I opened the curtains half expecting to see some of the white stuff. Instead, we have blue skies and sun although evidence of heavy rainfall last night on the ground.
  13. The forum and radar are entirely separate set ups. Have you double checked your browser permissions? It may be worth resetting them to 'ask for permission' (or similar) to ensure they're lined up.
  14. stainesbloke Bet you're glad you're not in merry ol' England during the present spell
  15. Today
  16. Better start to the day with a bit of sun and 3c. Yesterday was very bad with soaking very cold conditions and dampness everywhere. Fields waterlogged again.
  17. Penrith Snow A classic surprise snowfall, can often pop up in spring. All due to a small low feature with cold air wrapped in, the track of the low meant places on its west flank were fed the cold air, hence why the SW and Wales had snow, alas as its tracked north, here its just rain. Arriving in the evening helped as well combined with rate of precipitation enabled evaporative cooling to take hold. Just shows never cast aside chance of snow until the season is out, and we have April and May yet. Had it arrived on Sunday for Easter, it would have made far more headlines, and further east no doubt!
  18. This would usually be an amber warning and school closures poor show forecasting wise but a nice surprise This would usually be an amber warning and school closures poor show forecasting wise but a nice surprise
  19. ANYWEATHER Can just about make out the UK amongst the blue.. Will give firmer thoughts on Easter 4 day period later, it has chopped and changed somewhat, will we see at least one dry day?
  20. So, after a night when I could hear the rain lashing against the window (again!), by the time I left for work at 0630hrs...it was actually quite a nice morning! Good light, more and more blue in the sky...sure, a bit nippy, but nothing outrageous...the type of Spring morning that I recall from my youth! A nice start to the day weather-wise, locally. Let's see how it pans out...
  21. Been snowing in sw england overnight. Social media shows even big cities like plymouth, exeter and large parts of devon and Cornwall got aboutba foot of laid snow last night!
  22. Rain in the early hours here, but it's now dry with sunny skies. I think the rain has cleared through quicker than expected, should be a reasonable day.
  23. The models showing no sign of an end to the unsettled regime that has gripped the country for what seems like months on end and as I type yet another band of heavy rain moves in from the south west. Fortunately nature has a way of evening things out so one would hope that sometime soon the models start showing some promise of a prolonged spell of drier, warmer weather. This bad run has to end eventually. Cheers all.
  1. Load more activity