Problems logging in? ×
Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Absolute shocker of a day here. It’s hardly stopped raining since the start of the day. 2 batches of thundery activity in the past 24 hours. I do wonder with the amount of rain that’s fallen if a yellow warning could have been issued. Causing issues on the railways and doubtless on the roads too. Disruption on GWR trains in the west due to flooding https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-68682702
  3. Cheshire Freeze Plant growth and evaporation rates are increasing sharply now. That won't completely mitigate but it will certainly help.
  4. GFS 12z with an interesting set-up for Northern areas middle of next week as a sharp frontal boundary delivers heavy snowfall, Ensemble mean has the boundary very similar to the op. run.
  5. Nice brief clearance after the rain, currently blue skies and the odd burst of sun, but there's a large mass of cloud to my south, blue sky soon to be no more.
  6. 7.8c and 77mm - the wetness carries on and on....
  7. Looking east to that storm / possible supercell near Northampton about half an hour ago: Another shower passing here at the moment which looked very dark ahead of it. Jack got the best capture of the lightning and thunderclap which went through Coventry then Nuneaton:
  8. Wind gust at Hurst Castle 75.1mph, still gusting around here. 45mph here, and bearing in mind our location, that's a high!
  9. This thing has tracked for at least 120 miles now 12z GFS proximity soundings from 15z and 18z. Decent cape values, helping to maintain the cell although could well be starting to run out of instability as it tracks further north east. Im not surprised with the amount of lightning this things been producing, likely due to the steep lapse rates throughout the atmosphere. Interesting to note the bulk shear values, anything 30+ knots is good for supercells, not sure if this is a true supercell (unless anyone on here can confirm) but that level of bulk shear is certainly enough for updraft-downdraft separation though, could well be the reason this thing has been so long lived. Am surprised with the amount of hail this thing has been chucking out though. Really happy with today, not expecting anything here in Birmingham but still just nice to see proper convective weather return.
  10. Just out walking the dog, it’s pretty wild out here. Not sure we’ll be out long. The low level cloud are screaming along.
  11. No chance to see structure, it was torrential before and then just changed to small hail, medium hail and then... 20240328_165520.mp4 20240328_165409.mp4
  12. Methuselah I keep telling you ... I'm not watching ... I gave up a long time ago! .
  13. Surprisingly it has stayed mostly dry since this morning's early rain cleared. Just the lightest of a shower recently. Rather dull skies overall, although there was an attempt at something bright at lunchtime. Temperatures nothing to write home about, max below 9 degrees. All very average.
  14. A bit of the squall line is just coming through now. Must be a tree down in the lane, as a couple of cars have doubled back and are going out the other way.
  15. Had a terrific hailstorm in Bedworth. 1cm+ hail, it was scary and you could hear it coming form a mile away!!
  16. Andy Bown A couple of bands of intense rainfall across Dorset, I'm patiently waiting for ours! All the thunderous activity is WAY to our north.
  17. March is commonly described as " In like a lion and out like a lamb". But this year it has been the other way round.
  18. It looks like yet another batch is forming near Bridport! What is it with that area causing the storms to develop?
  19. WillinGlossop you know the script. Sunny morning leads to false sense of being out enjoying it then getting caught out later.
  20. Still breezy, current figures show: Parkstone yacht club high is 59mph. Hurst Castle picked up a 75.1mph gust. Weymouth picked up a 77mph gust.
  1. Load more activity