Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Sunny Sheffield now at 10.1C -0.5C below normal. Rainfall unchanged at 32.3mm 56% of the monthly average. I'm now wondering if we will actually hit average. Certainly looking a dry month now as well for us which will tip the balance back towards a dry spring.
  3. Indeed, those longer term (T+240 plus) GEFS 6z mean charts i posted above look very nice but all I read on here is doom and gloom and it's not even summer yet!!..we seem to have had plenty of summery weather already but again that's conveniently glossed over as if it hasn't even happened!!
  4. Yet again another negative post, firstly signals are weak, which indicates nobody as a clue! Secondly, it runs to mid June which to my knowledge is not half the summer gone! Buts let's be honest, this is to be expected, because come 1st December with a poor pattern, folks will be calling time on winter.
  5. Today
  6. The long range forecast is about as vague as you can get lol so, again, no panic needed after one day of not so nice model runs.
  7. I think the relative warmth of May 2003 and 2007 were primarily down to higher minima given the very westerly nature of both months. Days were cool however. 2007 in particular I remember Ten Tors being affected due to the cold sodden conditions and the late May bank holiday was awful with a max of just 10C on the Sunday. There was a marked improvement in the first half of June though.
  8. It was amazing to cross from the cold air through the warm front the car steamed up instantaneously , in seconds. If I could spell bizarre that is what it was. As for the deer strike I have had to tape up my head light. Tom
  9. They are probably panicked by the latest long term met office forecast which is pretty woeful it must be said, if its summer weather you are chasing. There will be a fair chunk of summer gone if that forecast is in anyway accurate. And that is what the models are showing.
  10. Yh could have been mass casualties Nick Re the misting up of the windows yes we came across this after leaving the Mangum Storm it quickly became undercut by the front and the look went from tornadic to outflow, we headed south towards Altus and went from 57f to 83f in the matter of 3 miles and the windows were instantly fogged up, one of the best I have seen in fact
  11. London had quite a few days with 11-13c highs in early May.
  12. It still feels cold. So it’s not an exaggeration.
  13. Looking at he stats 16c in early May is where it should be in London and the SE..so cold is an exaggeration
  14. You're not the only one saying that, quite a number of chasers on Stormtrack saying they'll avoid big risks in Oklahoma. Sounds like a good move, not only to avoid the frustration, but for safety as well. Can you imagine if yesterday panned out as dangerously as it could have?
  15. Must have been sickening to get caught in that traffic. It was mentioned numerous times on live streams and various weather channels. Did you cross the warm front from north to south at any point? Reports were that car windscreens were steaming up instantly, such was the difference in temperature across the narrow frontal zone. This apparently also added to the traffic chaos as some drivers had to just stop in the middle of the road as they instantly became unable to see.
  16. The day didn't pan out as predicted and the tornado count not as great as anticipated. We saw one but from a distance because the roads were clogged with chasers , it was one long long long traffic jam. So apart from having a collision with a deer we are fine, however my van sustained some damage, but will live to fight another day. Spent the night in Witchita Falls , Texas. Looking to head towards Kansas today but need to take care with the flooding. Paul took a brief photo. I am sure the guests go better.
  17. 1 Tornado for the team should have been 2 really but never connected to the Paducah storm until it rolled east of Childress due to the river crossing at Quanah. Then the fun began with the chasers yokels, yahoos, every single person in Oklahoma it seemed with some appalling driving going on and not just from chasers from the scientific people around those storms from the DOWS to Texas Tech University. That will be the last HIGH Risk I will chase in Oklahoma ever again and on other days we will go for the secondary target and leave the mess in Okie We did get the Mangum Tornado but really should have been next to it in a field and not 6 miles south of it.
  18. It quite literally disintegrated an entire neighbourhood, without a doubt the most severe tornado damage ever recorded. The slow forward speed of the tornado is usually mentioned as a factor of why the damage was so intense, but still, a true monster
  19. The average high in London in mid-May is 18c, up to 19-20c late in the month. Only a handful of days have even reached 18c at Heathrow. My latest prediction for the summer in London is as follows: June: 20c/10c, 25mm, 180 hrs July: 24c/14c, 40mm, 215 hrs August: 21c/12c, 80mm, 160 hrs A cool, dry and cloudy June, an average July, and another chilly/wet/cloudy horror August as is fashionable these days.
  20. storm reports https://www.spc.noaa.gov/climo/reports/190520_rpts.html 23/24 tornado reports some of the comments, PERRY NOBLE OK HOMES AND TREES DAMAGED. MINDENMINES BARTON MO TORNADO WENT THROUGH AREA CAUSING HOUSE AND BUILDING DAMAGE ALONG WITH POWER LINES DOWN. DICKENS DICKENS TX LARGE RAIN-WRAPPED TORNADO TREES BLOWN DOWN AT CR371 AND HW82 OKMULGEE OK EMERGENCY MANAGER REPORTED A TORNADO. DEBRIS WAS OBSERVED IN THE ASSOCIATED RADAR DATA. POTTAWATOMIE OK CAMPER FLIPPED OVER ... HOME DAMAGED ... TREES DAMAGED.
  21. 'The old classics'!?! - that Jarrell tornado was horrendous, wiped out entire families in a small community as well as spearing numerous cows to death from straw...
  22. 06Z shows models are struggling long term and anything chop and change that far ahead. Stunning end to 06
  23. Evidently they are hedging their bets for 1st half of June. One things for sure, we need this blasted blocking to the NW to get a life and do one...
  24. Lots of panic in here for some reason. For the last two months the weather has changed on pretty much a weekly basis and that looks like continuing. We’ve had cold from the north, rain from the southwest, cloud from the east, now sun, then perhaps a more mobile spell next week and a return of relative cold conditions a possibility into June, then again maybe not. Certainly no Atlantic train in sight - that’s very much reserved for the worst summers.
  25. Sunday 26 May - Tuesday 4 June Showers or perhaps longer spells of rain are likely on Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday in some areas, along with some stronger winds at times. However, most areas will see dry and fine weather for part of the weekend. Temperatures are likely to be near the seasonal average for many, but cool in any rain. It is most likely to be driest in the southeast, where it will be locally warm. The changeable and rather cool weather is likely to continue through the half term week. There will be showers or longer spells of rain at times, including the odd heavy or thundery shower. It will be windy in the south, especially at first, with some heavy rain possible. However, there will be some dry and bright spells too. Wednesday 5 June - Wednesday 19 June There are only weak weather signals for the first half of June, so we can expect a mixture of dry settled periods and changeable spells. In general, drier and less windy weather is more likely across northern parts of the UK, though southern areas can expect some of these quieter spells too. These periods of drier and settled weather will be punctuated by cooler, showery spells as Atlantic weather systems arrive from the west. In the absence of any strong signals, temperatures are forecast to be close to normal for the time of year. https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast
  1. Load more activity