Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Summer Sun Nearly a 1 degree drop in 5 days. A finish in the 9s increasingly likely based on current output, a late sudden heat spike could pop up, but the theme is for a sustained cool northerly sourced airflow, possibly becoming cut off in the latter stages of the month to a more cyclonic near average flow. We shall see. We are seeing some notably chilly minima in sheltered spots presently colder than at first anticipated.
  3. Absolutely chucking it down here. Saw it coming on the radar and in the distance over Salisbury, so thought I'd get the grass cut before it arrived. Job done and feeling smug. Then my raised bed wood arrived and I helped the chap shift it all. We both got soaked.
  4. Overcast and drizzly morning but started brightening up about an hour ago. April so far I would give a 3.5/10 a pretty meh month with no real heat,sustained sunshine or exciting weather and the first week was very poor but also many usable days. Not a month cursed to bogey man status but not a month that will be remembered fondly ether.
  5. Lots of sunny spells now, after a brief sharp shower.
  6. Wimbledon88 No doubt they will still claim that April 2024 was the "hottest April ever!" like they do every month though lol
  7. At last, a shower. Kinda puts me out of misery, just sat around. Damned forecast though - i could've done the job this morn at 9.30 and by now the seal would've been fine.
  8. Feels nice and pleasant now that the sun is out. If we can't have any warmth yet, then at least let us have some sun.
  9. 0z deterministic runs, out to Fri 26 Apr (day 7) ...oh, balls. How very disappointing... 0z ensemble means, out to Sat 4 May (day 15) That miserable trough from the east looks like it's going to move west and attack us head-on in the latter part of next week. It's not then clear whether the Azores high will be in a position to spare us from the trough subsequently establishing itself on the Atlantic side. That's how I'm seeing it, anyway.
  10. midlandsun Amen. I don't trust the weather to ever change any more. We're doomed!
  11. Ben Sainsbury I do think we are starting to enter a much more active period for severe weather, late April May and even June should be this years main show. GFS/GEFS looking fairly active as we go into late april/early may
  12. In Absence of True Seasons 13 months ... Don't under do our suffering ...
  13. BBC Weather lied on TV! They told me the sun would break through the cloud. I did however laugh and go yea right ... In Absence of True Seasons High pressure means nothign any more
  14. BBC Weather lied on TV! They told me the sun would break through the cloud. I did however laugh and go yea right ...
  15. Metwatch under the surface, roots are sucking the water out much faster than we often appreciate on the surface. This gives surface water a larger space to travel into. Grass can suck down to about a metre and trees around 3 metres or so.
  16. 10.6c to the 18th 2.7c above the 61 to 90 average 2.8c above the 81 to 10 average
  17. Got a nice thundery summer skies here Some sunshine but darkness within the distance
  18. Today
  19. If this is what 'high pressure' looks like nowadays then I really give up
  20. Gfs ensembles do show more average temps maybe a bit above and tbh heading into may thats not a bad temp to be at looking at 16/17 in the south! Any sunshine should feel nice! But does also show unsettled with rain spikes
  21. Just had some of the heaviest rain I've seen in ages in South London. Glad I read the met's forecast for 'scattered light showers' before heading out with a now very wet dog!
  22. Last April into May was similar too before it turned drier through mid May. It does appear the short lived trend of drier Aprils this century is coming to an end with the second April in a row with rainfall near average / wetter than average now. If April 2025 isn't dry then that's an era of recent drier Aprils over and done with completely!
  23. Got the washing dry and a good walk on the breezy and occasionally sunny morning. However the delayed cold front means there’s a real risk of a wet school run in 90 minutes from now. Some heavy showers running SSE heading this way.
  24. A gloomy and grey start here with a few light showers. Improving now though with sunshine and scattered clouds. This is reasonable spring fare.
  25. Bright, breezy, changeable...classic mid-April day. This is OK, better than what felt like relentless rain and grey.
  1. Load more activity