Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. It's getting like it is in winter for snow seekers, with the season just gone a perfect example. It was supposed to turn colder late December, then it was early January, mid January, late January, early February, mid February, late February and before we knew it, it was March! However, at least it's only April with peak summer a good few months away. I'm sure we will have some hot weather next season, but will it be of the heat spike variety among cooler/unsettled spells or will we get more prolonged pleasant weather without getting ridiculously hot and humid?! 2018 was great in that it was consistently warm/hot with only modest levels of humidity until late July.
  3. Currently modelled for midnight Sunday, however this will probably change timings and track between now and then.
  4. Another good one. Got to laugh because otherwise we will cry.
  5. James1979 I felt SAD all through summer last year!
  6. baddie Much better air quality from the south round to the northeast. Deeper blue sky and stronger sun but generally more boring sunrises and sunsets
  7. Another grey lid day to add to the previous 1000's, cold, windy and occasionally spitting with rain, what a steaming pile our climate has become. Barring a couple of storms, this year is the most boring yet too and there is quite some competition there in recent times. SAD from Oct - May these days and seems to be extended each year. Sunlight, warmth and stormy breakdowns soon please weather Gods before I go insane.
  8. Today
  9. raz.org.rain I must caveat my post with the fact that there was plenty mediocre westerly naffness between those charts… but 1-2 weeks of solid summer every month with episodes of less settled is definitely preferable to all our summer coming in June and for five minutes in August and September like last year!
  10. Grand dry day. Swallows back chattering excitedly on electric wires. Theres's plenty of insects already due to the wetness. I fear a plague of midges this year.
  11. SunnyG The whole "10 days out" is a meme by this point. It's been "10 days out" since last October, lol. Zero point in placing stock in anything more than 48-72 hours in advance.
  12. Rush2019 Thought it was just us covered in moss! Never seen so much. Anything that hasn't moved has got thickly coated by this spring.
  13. Im not surprised by the spcs upgrade for thursday although it is very rare for them to upgrade the day 3 risk. A lot of shorter range models have the dryline firing. Any discrete supercell that can sustain itself will be capable of golfball-baseball sized hail, 70+ mph straight line wind gusts and strong-violent tornadoes. I also think the spcs decision to upgrade was partly due to the csu machine learning showing the equivalent of a high risk for the area, never seen that before! 21z RAP very potent, two dryline bulges one in Texas panhandle and another in Northern Kansas. Soundings from Texas panhandle Soundings from Northern Kansas Wonder if we see a 30% upgrade for fri and sat tomorrow morning, looking at models at the min both days certainly meet the threshold.
  14. B87 It's always on day 10 or 12 lmao I don't know whether they are just mistaken or if they are hope-casting... raz.org.rain It would be silly if it hadn't been gone on for so long. At the moment, from where I'm standing, it's not silly but realistic.
  15. In Absence of True Seasons I am reading the journals of Lord Byron and he calls it a "preposterous climate". And that was back in 1812.
  16. An interesting study looking at the major AI models Vs the traditional ones during storm Ciaran. Do AI models produce better weather forecasts than physics-based models? A quantitative evaluation case study of Storm Ciarán WWW.NATURE.COM npj Climate and Atmospheric Science - Do AI models produce better weather forecasts than physics-based models? A quantitative evaluation case study of Storm Ciarán
  17. WYorksWeather it all depends now I think on the zonal winds and if a zonal winds recovery is predicted. At the moment our zonal winds are negative, i did see on world climate service x account that next month that we are meant to be having a negative AO/NAO combo. The way i see it is they are probably right.
  18. Cloudy all day with zero sunshine, totally clear after sunset, couldn't make it up! My absolute fave phenomena Have to wonder, has someone done a deal with the devil to prolong the eternal rain & zero sun hell mixture to a permanent basis?
  19. A bit to my surprise, the sun came out at times during the afternoon, although still interspersed with mainly light showers. The main issue was the beastly wind on the coast which pegged temperatures drastically, with the East Yorkshire coast not getting above 5C today (BBC radio weather forecast). More of the same tomorrow it seems.
  1. Load more activity