Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Well it DID rain, I counted 37 spots of it on the ground before it evaporated. It whistled up country very quickly. Currently 12.8°C. Right now the wind is dropping away, in preparation for ramping up later.
  3. Thornwick bay, at Flamborough, best storm in years came over the top of our house and I was on my way back from Manchester. Wife took some video and pictures, I'm going to have a close look tonight to see if the is anything worth sharing
  4. Nice storm over N Italy https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/italia/lombardia/brescia/sale-marasino.html then lake Garda later https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/italia/veneto/verona/lungolago-cisano-bardolino.html
  5. The latest weather forecast for the weekend and through next week with Michael Fish. Watch the video here
  6. I see a Red warning is now out for parts, The highest warning they give. Stay safe.. NATIONAL WARNINGS Status: RedWind warning for Clare Status Red - Wind warning for Clare Northwesterly winds, associated with Storm Hannah, will reach mean speeds in excess of 80km/h with violent gusts of 130 to 150 km/h for a time this evening. Valid: Friday 26 April 2019 20:00 to Friday 26 April 2019 23:00
  7. Interesting diiferances between our local forecast by the met office which has the highest gust of 40 mph Saturday night into Sunday and the netweather one which has gusts just over 50 mph from 10 until 16:00 hrs. Who will be nearer the mark.
  8. The latest CFS indicates some anticyclonic weather in July..caution should be used when viewing this model in that range.
  9. Today
  10. Met Éireann just issued a Red warning for County Clare in Ireland. Gusts of up to 150 km/h. That's 93 miles ph
  11. August 2014 was below average at 14.9c. That was a blip, though in what was the warmest year on record for the CET at least. I’m now starting to wonder if 2019 will beat 2014?!
  12. I think there is plenty of ridging going on towards mid May, where high pressure sits will be paramount to the temperatures, cool nights are still on the cards. But its good to see that azores high poking its nose in again towards the latter stages.... Nosey sod ain't it!! Oh Jon hammonds look at the month ahead on weather trending is well worth a read has well.
  13. To compare the end of the FV3 with 'dog's breakfast' would be unfair to breakfasts everywhere: Frost 'opportunities' on the GEFS ensemble:
  14. Sunspot number: 0 Current Stretch: 5 days 2019 total: 67 days (58%) The Radio Sun 10.7 cm flux: 68 s.f.u
  15. Looking at various timeframes from the GEFS 6z mean indicates a predominantly pleasant outlook beyond tomorrow, sure a few bumps in the road along the way but decent enough for the time of year.
  16. "Metaldehyde slug pellets banned. An announcement from DEFRA has banned metaldehyde slug pellets from Spring 2020. They say "metaldehyde poses an unacceptable risk to birds and mammals." The ban will also stop farmers from creating wide spread pollution of rivers and freshwaters with these toxic pellets." The above is very good news I think. I've never used them in my garden or at the allotment as we have frogs, toads, hedgehogs, birds etc to try to care for. Sadly though, wildlife numbers have fallen greatly of late.
  17. We can't complain really can we Pete! Look at the fine warm weather we have already had since Feb! Perhaps the luck is with us again this coming summer. Fingers crossed for May 6th guys.
  18. Golf postponed until next Friday so we can now expect a sunny afternoon in Edinburgh Edit. Early rain here has now cleared to sunshine though there are showers/rain expected later this afternoon.
  19. Will I ever see any proper rain!? Garden is desperate for some rain, it is bone dry! never had these issues living on Mendip everything just fizzles out.
  20. Not a bad 6z at all post storm hannah, plenty of fine pleasantly warm weather but still a risk of showers in places although a stronger fine and anticyclonic spell later next week which continues throughout the weekend into early the following week. This is followed by an unsettled blip before high pressure ridges in again.
  21. A dry morning with sunny spells and mild again. Now clouding over as light rain approaches from west Max temp so far 13.3C, now 12.6C, Barometer 1006mb falling, Wind F3 SSW, Rainfall nil
  1. Load more activity