Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Only 12c but feels much warmer in the sun. Great day of getting stuff done in the garden. Sitting outside with a beer. Lovely
  3. oh well - despite any colder attempts from the north/north east I think spring now has finally sprung especially in the west of the UK - namely Wales
  4. Here's an interesting one, the anti-1740. The real 1740 is by far the coldest year ever recorded. Using the C.E.T. and limited data/reports from this year, here's what its anti may look like. I imagine a year in the 2020s or 2030s could read like this, so it's written in the style of that rather than as "anti-1740". The C.E.T.s are not calculated by the opposite anomaly but by each months relative ranking in the C.E.T. Jan 7.1 Feb 7.3 Mar 6.8 Apr 9.7 May 13.9 Jun 16.0 Jul 16.5 Aug 16.7 Sep 12.8 Oct 14.3 Nov 9.2 Dec 6.0 - 11.36C This winter was extremely mild. It included a notably mild January and February, both of which were in the 'top-5' of coldest such-named months. Using the CET series, both January and February averaged above 7.0C, the only time this has ever occured. An exceptionally severe south-westerly gale on the 11th of January accomapnied by remarkably mild temperatures in the mid-teens. London saw its most damaging windstorm since 1703. Much of southern England was completely frost free during both January and February. A notably wet January across England & Wales. Heavy rainfall over the winter culminated in severe flooding in March. Following a warm winter, a notably warm spring. Temperatures on the 16th of May rose to 32C in London, breaking the record for the earliest 90F ever recorded. A very warm June followed. After a period of unexceptional temperatures from July to September the anomalous warmth returned in October, breaking the record for warmest such-named month by over 1C. Unusually warm from the 9th to the 12th of October with temperatures into the upper 20s. Alternatively, the C.E.Ts relative to their rankings at the time instead of all time. Jan 7.5 Feb 8.5 Mar 7.9 Apr 10.5 May 13.8 Jun 17.0 Jul 18.0 Aug 18.0 Sep 11.5 Oct 14.3 Nov 8.6 Dec 7.3 - 11.91C
  5. raz.org.rain I hope your right for all those sun and warmth starved souls!
  6. Had an awesome walk up Lantern Pike, bit nippy on the top, had a sit down and made a hot drink with my jet boil and gas canister. Lovely view over to Kinder and behind me Manchester was lit by the sun. Beautiful, mainly sunny 12°C..
  7. *Stormforce~beka* hope you have had some sun and there’s always tomorrow, I get it though, we are soo sun starved. I thought it was 16c but looks to be 14c according to netweather, surprising how warm it feels with very little breeze and full sun at just 14c, genuinely thought it was at least 16c. Currently at my allotment planting potatoes, it’s come a long way considering it was like a jungle full of overgrowth and bric a brac when I took it over last winter, still a ways to go though (posted a photo of how it looked before too, the last photo, you can just make out the greenhouse with the caved in roof.) raz.org.rain bloody hope so, we certainly all deserve a decent summer
  8. Alderc 2.0 I've seen hints of a euro high dominated summer, I wouldn't be surprised if we tap into that heat regularly
  9. *Stormforce~beka* Seems crazy after so much rain,but north or especially NE winds dry the ground so fast bit of sun and you dry out.
  10. A dry day with sunny spells and average temperatures Max temp 12.7C, now 12.4C, Barometer 1028mb falling slowly, Wind F2 NNE, Rainfall nil
  11. @*Stormforce~beka* You won’t find any sun inside a dark room. It’ll appear when you’re outside, I can see some blue sky in that little picture you posted above. It’s fresh, you’ll need a jumper but it’s dry and there is sunshine about.
  12. A nice day with frequent sunny intervals. NW wind is still there but much lighter. Dry.
  13. TwisterGirl8116!! It's 11 here in a cold wind Hardly any sun
  14. raz.org.rain hopefully plenty of juiciness coming up from the south. Hopefully the hotter the better!
  15. raz.org.rain Pretty much nailed on then a Summer like we had last year thankfully. The stinking heat can stay where it is!
  16. I say this to everyone all the time.Its April its sunny and so what if its 10 to 16 degrees in blue sky and the lucky ones (which is a lot of us have a small space or a .garden .So at some point we have a suntrap out of the wind and several hours of bliss and I can say I am sitting in my suntrap and its 10.9 degrees but its bloody gorgeous and im very warm and .tanning.. ITS PERFECT ..18 to 23 degrees can wait for now enjoy your suntraps please it might surprise you.. OH and a cold beer.OVER.
  17. Managed to catch the last glimpse of Comet 12P Pons brooks while on holiday despite the sunset light. The next big comet will be Comet C/2023 A3 (Tsuchinshan-ATLAS) if it doesn’t disintegrate.
  18. Today
  19. Not unexpected.Drying wind plus sun equals rapid drying out.Pots and troughs now need regular watering.Told pub landlord to start watering his pots and hanging baskets,sadly his language wasn't that supportive lol
  20. Saturday20th April 2024 Showers cleared away last evening, good clear spells developing with widespread frost forming. Frost quickly melting in sunshine this morning. Cloud bubbling up late morning, continued sunny spells. A good deal of cloud this afternoon, a few sunny intervals. 24-hour maximum 13.5c 24-hour minimum -1.7c Minimum temperature on grass -3.7c Maximum wind gust: Midnight to Midnight) 18.9 mph NNW Rainfall total = 2.0mm Conditions at 09:00 GMT 2 Oktas Cumulus humilis. Visibility >10 miles Temperature: 9.8c Humidity 64.2% Wind Direction N force 2-3 Barometer 1029.0mb rising Yesterday. Cloudy overnight. A short spell of light rain this morning clearing mid morning. A few brighter spells developing late morning. After a few brief sunny spells late morning, the afternoon mainly cloudy with showers, feeling chilly in the moderate north wind.
  21. A low of -0.4c, was frosty when I was up at 4am. Down in Merseyside today, lovely and sunny. Winds were light, so much so the midges (the really tiny ones) were surprisingly a nuisance. Reliably informed it’s been a decent day back home. Home weather station is at 11.9c. At least April has finally calmed down and we’re getting some warm sunshine.
  22. To all…it’s great to see not just dry days but Mr sky blue days And to IrA252…..I hope your Nan enjoys her walk in King’s Brom
  23. More to add to the ingredients list of a potential potent summer
  24. 10.6c to the 19th 2.7c above the 61 to 90 average 2.8c above the 81 to 10 average
  25. Pretty decent spring day here. Sun's out, warmish feel. There's a fresh breeze but it's tolerable as it's very slight. So far I would rate spring 24 over spring 23 in terms of comfortably mild days, last year was just a constant chill fest here.
  1. Load more activity