Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. TOMSE12, only had his Goalscorer Selections intact, after the Round of 16 Phase: GOALSCORER SELECTIONS 2: **Lionel MESSI** (BARC) 9/2 3: **Raheem STERLING** (MAN.C.) 8/1 (Eliminated) 4: **Cristiano RONALDO** (JUVE) 7/1 (Eliminated) 8: Son HEUNG-MIN (TOTT) 150/1 9: Moussa MAREGA (PORT) 200/1 (Eliminated) 11: Roberto FIRMINO (L'POOL) 100/1 I have NO Substitutes remaining in the Tournament. Now Mark (WEIRPIG): OUTRIGHT WINNERS: JUVENTUS 13/2, £5 WIN.(Eliminated) GOALSCORER SELECTIONS TOP: Sadio MANE (L'pool) 33/1 4: **Cristiano RONALDO** (JUVE) 7/1 (Eliminated) 5: **Harry KANE** (TOTT) 14/1 Like myself, Mark has NO Substitutes still in the Tournament. CHAMPIONS LEAGUE COMPETITION (AFTER MATCHES ON 16th/17th APRIL) GROUP TOTAL RESULTS C/SCORES G/SCORERS F/CASTS V/W TOMSE12 866.44 40.30 156.91 25.33 1088.18 K/WEATHER 746.87 64.30 145.20 31.25 987.62 ANTONYBR7 811.54 53.00 101.58 15. 33 981.45 WEIRPIG **241.11** 16.80 89.18 9.83 **356.92**  **NB** No predictions were given for either, Matchday 3/6 or for, Xmas/New Year matches/Jan./Feb. Extras, Parts1,2 & 3., Round of 16 Phase or Quarter-Final Phase. It's a god job that I have a reasonable lead, as K/WEATHER and ANTONYBR7 are likely to gain on me, once the Outright Categories, have been decided. Regards, Tom.
  3. Hard to say looking at the usual 500 mb anomaly charts but for what it is worth, my ideas this morning Five days later what is showing?=Sat 20 April Ec-gfs and chalk and cheese between the two this morning? Odd looking gfs with a cut off over uk area surrounded by ridging and +ve heights; ec showing heights noway across Greenland into n America with a flow from n of w over uk with broad trough beneath these heights Moaa last evening is not that far from the ec idea. Not sure why gfs has its set up, it was not far from ec yesterday. Overall the 3 have had changes (not large) from day to day from trough to ridge being the major feature, so best not to take too much from the latest output, although I would tend to feel that a less warm and more changeable atlantic flow is perhaps the form horse? https://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/predictions/610day/500mb.php http://mp1.met.psu.edu/~fxg1/ECMWF_0z/hgtcomp.html
  4. Top temperature yesterday was 24.2 at Gosport Fleetlands (Hampshire). So that's a few out of the running with @Kirkcaldy Weather currently winning, and getting the bonus prize too. 3 days still to go though
  5. Didn't watch it but is the worlds ever increasing population still his biggest concern?
  6. A couple of things that could help: 1. If you currently have Windows 10 Home it is relatively cheap and easy to upgrade to Pro. There are lots of vendors on Amazon selling recycled licence keys cheaply (in my limited experience these do work but of course I couldn't guarantee this in all cases), and an old Windows 7 Pro key can be used if your Windows 10 installation is currently up to date. You may need to enter the default key (for Pro this is VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T) with the network disconnected first - that will start the upgrade, which takes a few minutes. As it happens I did a Pro upgrade on a work laptop last week. After that you can reconnect to the internet and register your new key. 2. Using the Windows Media Creation Tool you can force an update to the latest version at a time to suit you. My experience is that a major update such as the Fall Creators update takes about half an hour on a fast machine and a couple of hours on something older and slower. Good luck! I appreciate the original post was some time ago so you may have already found your own solution.
  7. Here are KIRKCALDY WEATHER's predictions for the Champion's League Competition, that were still "running" after the Round of 16 Phase: OUTRIGHT WINNERS: BARCELONA13/2 £5 WIN. (Barca still going strong.) GOALSCORER SELECTIONS TOP: Lionel MESSI (BARC) 9/2 £2 WIN.(Looks to have this Category wrapped up.) 3: Sadio MANE (L'POOL) 33/1 5: Sergio AGUERO (MAN.C.) 8/1 (Eliminated) 7: Romelu LUKAKU (MAN.U.) 25/1 (Eliminated) 8: Cristiano RONALDO (JUVE) 7/1 (Eliminated) 10: Christian ERIKSEN (TOTT) 300/1 SUB.2: Moussa MAREGA (PORT) 200/1 (Eliminated) Regards, Tom.
  8. Going by the 00Zs, a midweek breakdown is almost nailed-on: GFS: FV3: After that, it's a bit 'all around the houses' with the endings thus: GFS: FV3: The ensemble also suggests a gradual warm-up will follow the midweek cool-down:
  9. I will now take a look at the situation for all 4 entrants. in respect of the Outright Categories. ANTONYBR7, first: Here are my son ANTONYBR7's predictions, for the Champion's League Competition, that were still "running", after the Round of 16 Phase.: OUTRIGHT WINNERS: BARCELONA 13/2 £2.50 E.W. (Barca still going strong). 2 TEAMS TO CONTEST THE FINAL: BARCELONA/MAN.CITY 14/1 X LOST. GOALSCORER SELECTIONS TOP: **Lionel MESSI** (BARCA) 9/2 £2 WIN. 3: David SILVA (MAN.C.) 200/1 (Eliminated) 6: Moussa MAREGA (PORTO) 200/1 (Substituted) SUB.1: **Harry KANE** (TOTT) 14/1 8: Mario MANDZUKIC (JUVE) 175/1 (Eliminated) 10: **Mohamed SALAH (L'POOL) 14/1 ANTONYBR7, has decided to substitute **Harry KANE** (TOTT) for Moussa MAREGA (PORTO). OUT - 6: Moussa MAREGA (PORTO) 200/1 IN - SUB.1: **Harry KANE** (TOTT) 14/1 This substitution will take effect from, Tuesday 9th April, in time for the Quarter-Final, 1st Legs. Lionel MESSI, looks to have wrapped up the Champion's League Golden Boot with a possible 3 Matches left, for the 5th time, unless Dusan TADIC (4 goals behind MESSI), can perform a miracle for AJAX. Lionel Messi Barcelona 10 Dušan Tadić Ajax 6 Below, is a list of Champion's League, Golden Boot Winners(Leading Goalscorer, in the Final's Tournament), since 2007/2008 Season: Year Player Team GoalTotal 2017-18 Cristiano Ronaldo Real Madrid 15 2016-17 Cristiano Ronaldo Real Madrid 14 2015-16 Cristiano Ronaldo Real Madrid 16 2014-15 Cristiano Ronaldo Real Madrid 10 2013-14 Cristiano Ronaldo Real Madrid 17 2012-13 Cristiano Ronaldo Real Madrid 13 2011-12 Lionel Messi Barcelona 14 2010-11 Lionel Messi Barcelona 12 2009-10 Lionel Messi Barcelona 8 2008-09 Lionel Messi Barcelona 9 2007-08 Cristiano Ronaldo Man. Utd 8 Regards, Tom.
  10. Today
  11. Problem with solar panels they take up space that expanding populations will need to grow food.
  12. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-20/snow-in-albany-western-australia-record/11032616 The Bureau of Meteorology confirms the historic nature of yesterday's cold snap in south-west Western Australia, in regards to snow. Also pleasing to note that Rocky Gully ( 215 miles south-east of Perth ) had an official maximum of 9.2c yesterday (13 below average ). That is the lowest daily maximum recorded in Western Australia for the month of April. A cold snap is not a real cold snap without a good temperature record! Rocky Gully is 250m asl. The previous low was 10.0c at Mount Barker and Manjimup in 1955 and 1970, both near 300m asl in the same geographical region. Icing on the cake will be for Perth to record its coldest April night tonight.
  13. Mostly sunny, dry with a colder night giving a low of 3.5 C, up to 7.1 C now
  14. Utterly glorious day yesterday, and bodes equally well for today. Current garden activity on hold as we tiptoe round, because Mr and Mrs robin are hatching eggs near the veg beds and team blue tit likewise by the shed.
  15. Very mild sunny beginning Temp 6.3C, low 4.9C, Barometer 1031mb steady, Wind Calm, Rainfall Nil
  16. Can't stop this morning so just a glance at Tuesday/Weds Convective activity moving north across the south west later on Tuesday and more generally with bands of more persistent rain as the fronts track north on Weds
  17. Funnily enough, the temperature is actually rising here. From 11.1°C at 1:25am, it's now up to 11.7°C
  18. Well the gfs 18z looks nothing like the Gem 12z, The 18z says central heating will have to come back on......
  19. Felt nice sitting in the garden this evening, it was still 20°C until 8:30pm but started dropping away faster after then. It's currently 11.2°C
  20. Yesterday
  21. Dry clear and calm with a fairly mild night after a warm Friday Temp 8.8c
  22. Reached 23.8°C here this afternoon and it was still very pleasant up until it got dark. Down to 12.1°C now.
  23. Now that was more like it! Max of 22.0 °C today, so easily the warmest so far this year. Almost unbroken blue skies and lighter winds than yesterday. Really did feel summery -- I went outside briefly just now, and though it's only 11 °C it still feels very pleasant.
  24. Hurricane Michael upgraded to a Category 5 at time of U.S. landfall Post-storm analysis estimates sustained winds of 160 mph "Scientists at NOAA’s National Hurricane Center conducted a detailed post-storm analysis on all the data available for Hurricane Michael and have determined that the storm’s estimated intensity at landfall was 140 knots (160 mph). This final wind intensity is a 5 knot (5 mph) increase over the operational estimate and makes Michael a category 5 storm on the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Wind Scale at the time of landfall on October 10, 2018, near Mexico Beach and Tyndall Air Force Base, Florida. Michael is the first hurricane to make landfall in the United States as a category 5 since Hurricane Andrew in 1992, and only the fourth on record. The others are the Labor Day Hurricane in 1935 and Hurricane Camille in 1969. Michael is also the strongest hurricane landfall on record in the Florida Panhandle and only the second known category 5 landfall on the northern Gulf coast. Michael’s central pressure of 919 millibars (mb) at landfall is the third lowest on record for a landfalling U. S. hurricane since reliable records began in 1900, trailing only the Labor Day Hurricane of 1935 (892 mb) and Hurricane Camille of 1969 (900 mb)." https://www.noaa.gov/media-release/hurricane-michael-upgraded-to-category-5-at-time-of-us-landfall?utm_source=Social media&utm_medium=Twitter&utm_campaign=Hurricane Michael News 20190419 https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-47991658
  25. 108mm since 23 December, 107mm this year. 3mm this month. Only the first half of March was wet.
  1. Load more activity