Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Aye BW, the lack of rainfall is becoming a major concern of mine: after Wednesday's and yesterday's no-shows, I am hoping that today's more SW'erly flow will at least bring some relief...Things might well look all nice and green right now, but give it a two-week sunny/hot spell, and the brown will start to show...?
  3. The second "element" of the Competition, is a Bookmaker sponsored Gold Cup Handicap Chase at Sandown, on Sat. 27th April. Entrants will need to choose 2 horses in this Race and please remember to **NAP**, which one of your selections you think has most chance of winning. Failure to **NAP** one of your sections will result in your **NAP** being taken, as your first named selection. You will receive a "virtual" £1 EACH WAY, on each selection. You will find the Betting Odds I'll be using for this Race, further back up the thread. Below is the Racing Post link to the Declarations, for this race: https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/54/sandown/2019-04-27/725119 Please Copy/Paste your 2 selections into the boxes, provided below: Category 2. 3.35 SANDOWN PARK(Sat.27th April): SELECTION 1: SELECTION 2: Selections for Category 2, MUST be posted on this thread by NOON, Sat.27th April. Thank you. Regards, Tom.
  4. The latest (00Z) temperature ensemble shows a warm-up come early May; but, the op shifting to the warm end of the pack exaggerates the visual effect: And the improving temps coincide nicely with an anticipated rise in SLP, for the SE.
  5. An update on incoming #StormHannah, named by the Irish Met service but also affecting Wales tonight and Northern Ireland and parts of England and SW Scotland on Saturday. Read more here
  6. Bright but clouding up from the west. I thought today was going to be showers but looks like more general rain.
  7. Sunny Sheffield at 8.9C +0.9C above normal. Rainfall 9.5mm 15% of the monthly average.
  8. The ecm has a shallow low crossing the country during the latter half of next week which phases with the major trough to the north east thus the wind veers and a sunny intervals and showery regime ensues And this would introduce much colder with temps below average Just to reiterate - the detail for next week is far from a done deal
  9. Unfortunately I missed it as I was over in Manchester yesterday, just saw the tail end as it went out over the North Sea as I got home. My wife took some photos, plenty of CC flashes and a few CG's, power went off 3 times, and pea or a bit bigger sized hail. Heavy rain which caused surface water flooding on all the usual vulnerable spots. Best storm at home for a couple of years, and I miss it. Had a few flashes and some rain in Manchester around 5, but nothing spectacular
  10. Yes, a real pain having to water flower beds at this time of year. Your neck of the woods looking to largely miss meaningful rain from Storm Hannah. Looking at the high res models I think this weekend will be a case of hoping to catch one of the heavier showers rattling through. So some back gardens will strike lucky whilst others miss out. There's a front coming through the Region around 03.00 Saturday morning with some heavy outbreaks of rain, but Arome model shows the fragmented nature of that rainfall: Sat 03.00 Icon model showing Saturday afternoon very windy for the Region with 50mph gusts as Hannah moves out into the North Sea. It's a shame this time of the year as this is likely to take its toll of youngsters falling out of bird nests. Sat 15.00
  11. A cool night here, got down to 4.1°C at 6AM. Currently 7.2°C with mostly clear skies
  12. Today
  13. A clear start at dawn but cloudy now, 0.2 mm of rain sometime since midnight, a low of 3.6 C, so a colder start than for a few days
  14. Storm Hannah - five different models showing possible maximum wind gusts in the early hours of Saturday morning.... . . Potentially damaging gusts if these charts are right - time to put away the garden chairs then. Oh, and don't park under a tree tonight....
  15. So how does this continue to pan out. Little change on Weds But develops are taking place upstream on Thursday with the latest ejection from the vortex/trough over N. America is gaining a lot of traction in the western Atlantic and downstream more general showery rain over the UK By Friday the development upstream continues which facilitates the amplification of the subtropical high just to the west of the UK
  16. Seriously starting to get concerned about the lack of any meaningful rainfall in our part of the world... It now looks like Storm Hannahs efforts to drop anything will be pretty poor to.. Up to Sunday rainfall totals for our area.. 1-2mm Unless something drastic changes... Then I predict one of 2 things this summer... Serious serious drought... OR something similar to 2015 or 16? when the Thames broke out near me worst flooding for years...Climate change is all about extreme ends of the spectrum and that is exactly what is happening all over the world..
  17. Two afternoons with small storms, probably more than we had last year!
  18. A thunderstorm about 10 miles east of here late yesterday afternoon was the first thunder heard at this site since July 27th last year. The last time there was an overhead storm was June 10th 2016.
  19. Over the next 36 hours it will be wet and very windy over the southern half of the UK. But it will be quickly followed by a far more quiescent period which can be simplistically illustrated by three snapshots of the 500mb profile within the five day period. Meanwhile the Atlantic surface analysis at midnight As can be seen Storm Hannah is at 25W and is tracking east to be over Ireland by 1800, As a preliminary event the occlusion associated with another system is already bringing showery rain to the south west and this will track north east during the day to be over southern Scotland by 1800. And by that time rain from the frontal system associated with Hannah will be effecting N. Ireland, west Wales and the south west of England. Temps for a change better along the eastern region of England As the low tracks across the Irish Sea and the north of England during the night the band of showery rain will move north east, followed by showers, but a region of more persistent rain will effect north Wales and the north west by dawn, associated with the bent back occlusion.But the key feature here is the wind which will pick up rapidly with severe gales along south western and southern coastal regions, particularly the west coast of Wales. Hannah will track into the North Sea during Saturday but the band of rain associated with the occlusion will continue to effect northern, central and eastern regions of England during the day. It will also still be quite windy in south west and southern regions with blustery showers. Quite a cold day as well With Hannah out of the way a very fleeting transient ridge builds on Sunday but some patchy rain will effect western regions as a warm front associated with low in the central Atlantic nudges in A warmer day all round Over Monday and Tuesday the pattern changes illustrated at the beginning are taking place with the UK in a very slack gradient resulting in a couple of days of sunny intervals and broken cloud but some rain may infiltrate the west from trailing fronts. And a much warmer couple of days
  20. Not out yet. GFS seems to the same waiting for ECM to come out.
  21. Dry mild with some patchy cloud Temp 6.3C, low 5.2C, Barometer 1006mb rising, Wind F3 SW, Rainfall nil
  22. Listed below, are each entrants "virtual" winnings, on Night 13 of the Competition. SPEC. V/W RESULTS C/SCORES CONC. TOTAL ANTONYBR7 X X X X K/WEATHER X X X X TOMSE12 21.67 4.33 16.67 42.67 MARK WHEELER 27.50 6.50 17.50 51.50 **I.R.AT252** X X X X **WILTS. S/LOVER** X X X X **NB** - NO predictions were made for Night 13. Listed below, are the Current Standings in the "Fantasy" Competition, after Night 13 (Thurs.25th April): CURRENT STANDINGS (AFTER NIGHT 13) SPEC. O/R V/W RESULTS C/SCORES CONC. CATS. TOTAL TOMSE12 551.83 78.66 50.42 18.75 699.66 K/WEATHER 570.71 51.06 31.25 X 653.02 ANTONYBR7 499.66 74.16 16.33 X 590.15 "MARK WHEELER" 427.36 58.83 38.65 X 524.84 **I.R.AT252** 36.00 6.50 X X 42.50 **WILTS. S/LOVER** 36.00 X X X 36.00 **NB** - NO Selections were given for Match Night's 2-13(inc.). "NB" - NO Selections were given for Match Night's 7 or 8. SPEC.CONC. = Special Concession. O/R CATS. = Outright Categories. V/W = "Virtual" Winnings. A very low scoring week, with both ANTONYBR7 and K/WEATHER, drawing a blank. Main beneficiary though was MARK WHEELER, who landed his NAP. Regards, Tom.
  23. Interesting debate. Winter 2017-18 was pretty dreadful here in the South West but then we had the lovely Spring/Summer before the drier Autumn and last Winter. Going by Burrator, we’re well down on water levels already here. I do get the feeling that we’re in a pattern not dissimilar to 1975-1976, so if we get a 76 summer (looking more likely this year) we’ll be in fair bit of trouble. Thankfully we’ve more water reserves now compared to 1976 down here.
  24. Listed below, are the Results and Correct Score (In Sets) of all 4 matches, on Night 13 of the Tournament, with any "virtual" winnings, shown: M.1) RESULT: DRAW(Smith v.Suljovic) 100/30 C/SCORE (In Sets):7-7 10/3 £5 DRAW @ 100/30 - V/W = £21.67.£1 C/SCORE 7-7 @ 100/30 = £4.33. TOMSE12, an extra £16.67 for only 1 Winner (Special Concession). M.2) RESULT: DRAW(Cross v.Price) 7/2 C/SCORE (In Sets):7-7 7/2 **DRAW**(NAP) 7/2 + 1 POINT = 9/2. £5 @ 9/2 = £27.50 **C/SCORE**(NAP) 7/2 + 2 POINTS = 11/2 £1 @ 11/2 = £6.50. MARK WHEELER, an extra £17.50 for only 1 Winner (Special Concession). M.3) RESULT: D.GURNEY(bt.Wright) 6/5 C/SCORE (In Sets):8-4 10/1 There were NO correct Results/C/Scores predicted in the above Match. M.4) RESULT: DRAW(Van Gerwen v.Wade) 9/2 C/SCORE (In Sets):7-7 9/2 There were NO correct Results/C/Scores predicted in the above Match. In a short while, I will post up the "virtual" winnings, for each entrant on Night 12. Plus the Current Standings, after Night 13. Regards, Tom.
  25. Yesterday
  26. Our chance of an extreme heat wave came last July, but it was quickly shunted away to the East with UK just clipping 35C when we could've got a first 40C had we got more of those big uppers. We've had so many mid-thirties maximums since 2003. Up until 1990 temps like that were rare, then came 2003, and since then our maxes in summer are around 35C. Before 1990 maximums in the summer were around 32C. 1993 I believe was the last summer that 30C was not achieved anywhere in June, Jul or Aug. I have a feeling 2019 will follow 1993 as its been 26 years now. 1990 37.1C 2003 38.5 C 2006 36.5 C 2013 34.1 C 2015 36.7 C 2016 34 C 2017 35 C 2018 35 C
  27. Heavy showers during Thursday afternoon and evening have cleared to leave it dry and mostly clear Temp 8.3c
  1. Load more activity