Problems logging in? ×
Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Some brilliant cloudscapes the last few days. I don’t mind this sort of unsettled. Nice big anvil spreading to my west.
  3. GFS 6z op looks off the rails..... hopefully. .. nothing great though, unsettled.
  4. Not too bad a start to the bank holiday weekend, sunny intervals since this morning and just a single shower around mid morning. We had quite a deluge yesterday evening, and the first rumble of thunder this year. It was proper monsoon style rain.
  5. Got a line of washing dry this morning. And now first spots and some driving hail have just arrived.
  6. MP-R I think I was. I’ll need to dig further back into my records to be sure but certainly the May’s of 2015 and 2021 were noticeably wetter and colder.
  7. In an area of sunshine now and patches of cumulus developing to my south. Let's see what happens. Some cells getting a little bit stronger near to Bristol.
  8. 8.1c to the 28th 2.4c above the 61 to 90 average 1.6c above the 61 to 90 average
  9. Not much going on so far, just a few showers about. Group of showers that passed through here earlier: Could also see the more intense cell which passed over Telford just after midday:
  10. 10.5°C and 85.5mm for me please. Crud start, improving gradually.
  11. Today
  12. Brief heavy shower coming back over the tops from Burnley but sunny again now. that’s as bad as it gets.
  13. Think every sane person is noticing the amount of rain and lack of sun now!
  14. MP-R Yes, June 2008 was infinitely better than June 1998. June 1998 was plain horrific. We had a decent weekend on the 6th/7th (bright and fairly warm), a hot day on the 19th, a hot thundery day on the 20th and a warm bright day on the 21st. The rest of the time, constant deluges and dull weather, it was horrendous. Very close to June 2012 for awfulness. June 2008 on the other hand was mostly settled, fine and sunny. The only interruption of note was a cool showery interlude mid-month, and even that wasn't bad with nice clear northerlies and aesthetically-pleasing Cbs. There was however a somewhat nagging cool W-ly wind (accompanied by bright sunshine) around the solstice, but as it was only June it was much less irritating than if it had occurred in July or August, when you want it warm, balmy and with little wind. July 2008 I would rate higher than July 1998. July 1998 was dryish but cool and very cloudy. July 2008 was poor from around the 3rd to the 10th, then cool but rather dry - and not that dull - for about 10 days and then hot for 8 days. The 29th and 31st were poor with the 30th being a further warm day. August 2008 was of course much, much worse than 1998. You could say that June 2008 and August 1998 were similar, and June 1998 and August 2008 similar. And both Julys on the cool and cloudy side but neither were overly wet.
  15. Bumping this now as I'm starting to look at the Monthly Weather Report to provide full documentary evidence on EWP. I'm also expanding it to cover dry months too. Started by looking at the period 1974-77, which is notable for extremes of both kind (dry and wet). For wet months, we had a run of 6 from June to November 1974, though July 1974 was slightly dry in the South East/Central Southern region. We then had another run of 7 months from September 1976 to March 1977. So neither will challenge the likely 10 months now, from July 2023 to April 2024. On the other hand, the period did feature a remarkable 11-month dry period from October 1975 to August 1976. From the 70s onwards, this is the longest run of consecutive dry or wet months I can find. What a period to have been into the weather! I was alive then but sadly can't remember it. Furthermore, from May 1975 to August 1976, only September 1975 was wet. Will continue searching further back, for anything to challenge the current likely-10-month wet spell, or any other remarkable dry spells.
  16. sorepaw1 you haven't posted much for 10 years! lol Asher Hugs!
  17. *Stormforce~beka* Winchester is one of the sunnier places in the UK! Imagine what it's like in the north east!
  18. BlueSkies_do_I_see What I think is a practical certainty is that we'll have the wettest first 4 months of the year on record. Even a dry 2nd half of April won't save us from that, I suspect.
  19. AderynCoch I can't stop staring at this for my extremely rare blue sky fix
  1. Load more activity